Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Animal Cruelty

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 9:40pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,417 posts

Do you know how many poor pets are abused every day? A lot. The people who do this really make me angry. I believe we should stop Animal Cruelty for it's wrong. I mean seriously, Intentionally harming or starving a poor defenseless animal. They should do background checks or something on people before they give them pets. This is where you discuss Animal Cruelty and why it's wrong.

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 9:49pm

tegan190

tegan190

614 posts

Everyone, or at least everyone with decent moral are against Animal Cruelty. It's not something that you can just stop, it's illegal but that doesn't stop people from doing it just like it doesn't stop criminals from murdering, stealing and raping innocent people.

This is where you discuss Animal Cruelty and why it's wrong.

Okay, everyone knows why it's wrong there's not really any "discussion" on that. This thread is just gonna be a whole bunch of people who are trying to act sympathetic like yourself on the internet.

Try making a thread that would at least make a discussion or top that can be argued and people can leave their opinion on.

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 9:56pm

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

Okay let's use a little imagination. What can we do with this topic to enhance it? Perhaps the OP could have been more specific in scope. But since we're here now, we can at least decide for ourselves what needs to be established before discussion can take place, right?

Let's start with "what constitutes animal cruelty?" I know that the details of this can attract considerable controversy, because people have such a varied understanding of animals to begin with. So start there.

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 10:04pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

2,277 posts

If slaughtering animals in droves for no reason is considered animal cruelty, then PETA should have been put in jail long ago.

Animal Cruelty is the deliberate harming of animals for no purpose, similar to torture in humans.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 10:24pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,417 posts

Basically I consider animal cruelty intentionally harming an animal.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 2:21am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

What if the animal has just destroyed something of mine and I wish to spank it as punishment?

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 2:23am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

Sorry for dp...submitted too early

What if i truly find the animal a threat towards me (due to actions of said animal) or someone I care for?

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 6:07am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,082 posts

Knight

They should do background checks or something on people before they give them pets.

Nonsense. What would you check anyway? There's no way of knowing who will harm their pets and who won't. Besides, most don't, so it would just be unnecessarily harassing everyone. You can just penalize those who actually do, and sensibilize people about the correct way to keep a pet.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 9:24am

blk2860

blk2860

4,417 posts

What if i truly find the animal a threat towards me (due to actions of said animal) or someone I care for?

Well okay. Animal Cruelty Is intentionally harming an animal in any other way than self defense.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 11:07am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

Do you eat meat? Or know anyone who does?

By your simplistic definition of the topic at hand and (seemingly) insane logic, then you or anyone you know are guilty of animal cruelty. You may not of actually killed the animal, yet you essentially payed someone else to do so. Which would put a very large percent of the world population in the same circle as people who actively watch and bet at dog/rooster fights.

Reply to Animal Cruelty

You must be logged in to post a reply!