Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Animal Cruelty

Posted Dec 31, '12 at 11:48pm

Clancy12

Clancy12

3,938 posts

Spanking.....is a minor amount of pain

From personal experiences I can truthfully say that it is a major amount of pain!

Posted Jan 1, '13 at 2:48am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

What can we do with this topic to enhance it?

We haven't an edit buttin' between us, yer honor.

IMO, animal cruelty is the deliberate and uncalled for harming of an animal. This excludes punishing an animal, fighting an animal in defense, and killing an animal for food.

However, the industrial food industry is pretty cruel, and many governments see fit to shut down local farms for ill-sanitation, when those farms are much better for the animals and the consumers.

Posted Jan 1, '13 at 6:55am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

From personal experiences I can truthfully say that it is a major amount of pain!

Compared to forcefully hitting/punching..it is minor pain

However, the industrial food industry is pretty cruel,

I'll just leave this with one word...veal.

Posted Jan 20, '13 at 11:11pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,102 posts

I'm pretty much right up with pang in this one. Basic punishment (i.e., smacking a dog's nose for biting) is important, but it's different from "cruelty."

The base problem of this, and of EVERYTHING, is relativety. Definitions are relative. I can't do much more than offer my own definition, just like everyone else.

As far as "curelty", I'm more ASPCA than PETA.
ASPCA: Sad puppy commercials because dogs can be saved by adoption.
PETA: Sue Nintendo because Pokemon promotes animal abuse (I wish I was joking about that).

Posted Jan 20, '13 at 11:40pm

SSTG

SSTG

10,756 posts

Knight

To completely stop animal cruelty would be impossible.
We'll (the entire World) have to stop eating meat, Chinese would have to stop buying animal genitals for their whatever they think they can get out of it, the retarded rednecks would have to stop hunting, which they'll never do because it makes them feel powerful when they execute defenseless animals, scums of the planet would have to be stopped from organizing dog fights, etc.
It's mission impossible but in an other hand, we can all contribute in stopping ******** and cowards from abusing pets.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 12:13am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

the retarded rednecks would have to stop hunting, which they'll never do because it makes them feel powerful when they execute defenseless animals

Even though I am not a fan of hunting..I'll have to play the Devil's Advocate a bit..

In some hunter's defense..they actually do so for practical reasons. Yes, there are those that hunt just for the thrill..but there are plenty that hunt for the same reason as other animals in the wild do and for the same reason as our ancestors did...which is for food. (or..in talking about our ancestors...material as well)

For the food part..you can't expect humans to survive primarily as herbivores/on tofu products. We are the top of the food chain, it is only natural for us to abide by our natural positioning

For material..keep in mind they did so because they didn't have the technology we did...so clothing was primarily the skin/pelts of animals. But, since we do have the necessary means to create clothing without skin/pelts..doin so is just a luxury now (oh the irony)

Again..this is for practicality purposes..not thrill seeking...that I am defending

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 9:31am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,939 posts

Knight

We'll (the entire World) have to stop eating meat,

I have to object. Yes, many animal farms are accused of mistreating the animals and/or keeping them in insalubre and horrible conditions. THIS is what we need to change. For I ask you, is it cruel to keep animals in a close-to-natural secure environment and well-fed/optimally medically treated?

What we need to do in order to change things is adapt our meat consumption to influence supply and demand. If we only buy meat from good farms and eat once or twice a week, there is absolutely no problem. If we eat meat in the amounts Americans do, the big ranches and every massive meat production will have enough demand to survive and things will never change.

Chinese would have to stop buying animal genitals for their whatever they think they can get out of it,

One thing with the Asians is how some still buy ivory for medical treatment and rhino horns for aphrodisiacs; such things should have been abolished long before. But let's be honest, we need to look in our own camps too: many rich occidentals still buy and eat bushmeat and thus support illegal shooting of endangered species. Black market is worldwide and will not stop until either all demand or all animals are gone. Preferably, we should try to lower the demand.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 7:19pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

1st of i dont see hunting being part of animal cruelty really.

there are plenty that hunt for the same reason as other animals in the wild do and for the same reason as our ancestors did...which is for food. (or..in talking about our ancestors...material as well)

For the food part..you can't expect humans to survive primarily as herbivores/on tofu products. We are the top of the food chain, it is only natural for us to abide by our natural positioning

this is true in some countries. but in those countries a massive chicken farm whit zillions of chickens on top of each other and dont live longer then 45 days to be full grown and ready for production, would be good aswell. they can use the food it can produces.

but we are talking about more civilized countries here where you can buy your meat on every street corner. there is no real need for hunting in these countries. if we would need to hunt ourself. then why do we also need the giant chicken farms?

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 9:19pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

You do know what negative reinforcement is...right?

You evidently don't. Hitting a person or an animal is a type of positive reinforcement. It is a positive punishment.

Negative reinforcement would be removing something. Like, if a kid is bad, you take away his car keys. That's a negative punishment. Kid is bad so you spank him? That's positive punishment.

Anyway, if you think hunting is bad but think pretty much any other way of using animals is not, you're basically a moron. That about covers that one.

Anyway, it is wrong to hurt animals in any case at all, except for self defense. Even for food or other resources. Not that that means we shouldn't do it. Being necessary doesn't make it right, though.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 9:33pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,087 posts

If we eat meat in the amounts Americans do, the big ranches and every massive meat production will have enough demand to survive and things will never change.

regulate the max amount of animals a farm may have per square meter.
or per farm so that more farms will be needed that will open jobs and chances for more people. giving the economy a little boost. etc.
regulations are not always bad. =)

Reply to Animal Cruelty

You must be logged in to post a reply!