Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Game of the Year Award 2012

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 10:30pm

Ferret

Ferret

5,586 posts

Administrator

So, I think generally "What is the best game" threads are frowned upon in Tavern, but here is a rare exception.  Voting will begin December 26th, feel free to talk about the games you feel might win. :)

http://armorgames.com/news/game-of-the-year-awards-2012

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 10:37pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,196 posts

Alright a contest where games are included this I like.

I think Achievement Unlocked 3 will win, not because of the game but the creator who made the game: John.

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 10:39pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,877 posts

Knight

Just a question, but how were those games picked from their genres? Scores and number of times played?

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 10:45pm

InsertHaikuHere

InsertHaikuHere

13 posts

For top shooting, I would vote Infectonator 2 because of the fun gameplay, strategy style, zombie infecting fun. It's what you get when you cross a strategy game with gamers favorite topic nowadays: Zombies. Plus, burrito bison is extremely repetetive and not very addicting to me.

Posted Dec 23, '12 at 10:46pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

Just a question, but how were those games picked from their genres? Scores and number of times played?

Says ratings here.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 1:54am

Ferret

Ferret

5,586 posts

Administrator

Yes, scores and play times nichodemus. :)

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 8:01am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,587 posts

So we will be able vote for the top game of each category, and also for the winner of each "battle" in the octagon-of-doom between two games? It's morning here, so my perception of the awards might be a little wonky.

I'm pretty sure I'll be voting for Stick War 2/Stick Empires for top strategy, but other than that I'll have to do some research (aka playing games) to figure out some of the others.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 8:02am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

Seems like it has the makings of a good annual event, I'll be voting anyway.

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 8:56am

Tactical_Fish

Tactical_Fish

390 posts

Question: how are Decision 2 and Shell Shock Live 2 sports games?

Posted Dec 24, '12 at 8:59am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,587 posts

It means that the top sports games will be picked along with the winner between decision 2 and SSL2. Am I right?

Reply to Game of the Year Award 2012

You must be logged in to post a reply!