Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Final Fantasy Discussion

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 3:43am

Vagueshade

Vagueshade

84 posts

While I haven't played a single Final Fantasy Game (besides the intro to FF10), I'm really looking forward to Final Fantasy V. 13.

It's probably just the gameplay and themes getting to me, since people have compared it to a more mature version of Kingdom Hearts.

And that game was by childhood

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 3:52pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,914 posts

It's probably just the gameplay and themes getting to me, since people have compared it to a more mature version of Kingdom Hearts.

ugh... one of my favourite games (if not my favourite) is kingdom hearts... but its not final fantasy. and id rather play a ff game with ff controls...

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 4:36pm

Vagueshade

Vagueshade

84 posts

ugh... one of my favourite games (if not my favourite) is kingdom hearts... but its not final fantasy. and id rather play a ff game with ff controls...

Makes sense. I just enjoyed the thought of the gameplay being a more fluid and fast paced RT Game.

I was never too into Turn-Based Games, I always just thought of it as people taking turns to punch each other in the face as stylishly as possible lol.

Posted Dec 26, '12 at 10:13pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,091 posts

I was never too into Turn-Based Games, I always just thought of it as people taking turns to punch each other in the face as stylishly as possible lol.

some people just want to relax. follow a good story and be tactical in the fights.
the RT gameplay doesn't relax me. neither can i use the full benefits of my tactics because time is following me. and i can't go get a snack in the middle of a battle anymore. or just get a break because something more important has to be done. i have to wait till all the action and cut scene's and story is over befor i can do that now. this can take really long sometimes.

I always just thought of it as people taking turns to punch each other in the face as stylishly as possible lol.

it just gives you the time to decide what your going to do.

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 12:53am

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

i also hated the combat. and btw. if you didnt use gambits did you actually manually controled ALL 3 members? that probably made the game even slower

Don't get me wrong, gambits were on, but only the simple stuff like attack and heal. I just made the important decisions.

Anyway, enough with this arguing of why this FF sucked and that one didn't. Does anyone have an awesome memory that just stands out in their mind? For me, it happened in 12 against Gilgamesh (the final encounter with him). I had one man left standing, Balthier, and I was desperately trying to cast a phoenix down. Unfortunately, Gil attacked me first and it was over...But wait! He missed, he freaking missed for the first freaking time in this battle! I revived Ashe, revived Basch and managed to scrape out a win. Ah, and what a thrill it was.

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 8:15am

kevinhex

kevinhex

17 posts

I prefer kingdom hearts, because of the story, I think it's cooler

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 9:28am

Hintkin

Hintkin

21 posts

I have played I to XII but only finished I, II and IV. I've played and finished crisis core, too. That's just it

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 9:50am

partydevil

partydevil

5,091 posts

Anyway, enough with this arguing of why this FF sucked and that one didn't.

you wanted to discuss FF right?

Does anyone have an awesome memory that just stands out in their mind?

now it is just saying a memory. nothing to discuss on =/

I prefer kingdom hearts, because of the story, I think it's cooler

you know, every FF has a different story ;) =D

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 11:02am

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

Hey, I don't own this thread. I thought discussing old war stories would be fun. So what do you wanna talk about? I already know that you only like turn-based battle systems. I like those too, but I can also appreciate and enjoy every FF's system. As long as I can use tactics and strategies I'm good.

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 3:19pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

458 posts

...You know that Kingdom Hearts uses a lot of FF characters?

My favorite memory: ...hmmm....FFVIII, when the party is fleeing from the giant mechanical spider. They get to the beach, spider-mech's about to kill them, then BOOM Quistis (The girl) blows it away with machine-gun-fire. Hottest cutscene ever...

Favorite character: Moogles. They're adorable.

Favorite enemy: Gilgamesh, because of the Genji stuff you can steal from him.

Favorite Storyline Boss: Sephiroth, toughest final boss compared to any others.

Reply to Final Fantasy Discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!