Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

The Cars of Armor Games Users. Share your pictures!

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 11:52pm

thebloxxer

thebloxxer

28 posts

Sorry, on my last post I meant that I AM out of luck on power steering.

Oh and Keg, I was being serious on liking your car. :) For some reason I attraction to cars most people would deem "crap". On lists of cars I also wanted some of the one's I put on were the AMC Pacer, AMX Gremlin, Ford Pinto, and even the Yugo GV. Please note as daily drivers though. :)

Posted Dec 29, '12 at 12:44pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,846 posts

Oh and Keg, I was being serious on liking your car. :) For some reason I attraction to cars most people would deem "crap".

Oh, thanks for clarifying this up. I'm aware that sarcasm doesn't translate well over the Internet, so I didn't know what to think :)
I'm a little bit like you. Though I'm not a big fan of cars, for some reason I prefer those that people consider rubbish.

The lack of AC doesn't really bother me. If it's hot, I just open the window :P  The only problem now that's winter is that the heater doesn't heat as fast as it should do, so I nearly freeze when I get out from work at 6 a.m.

Do you guys have power steering on your cars?

Obviously no, but who needs it? I think that power steering is overrated ;)

Posted Dec 29, '12 at 11:14pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,561 posts

Knight

Obviously no, but who needs it? I think that power steering is overrated ;)

I'm sure you're kidding. It murders your arms to drive without power steering. =0

Posted Dec 30, '12 at 1:43pm

kegaumongo

kegaumongo

1,846 posts

I'm sure you're kidding. It murders your arms to drive without power steering. =0

Of course I'm kidding. But the truth is that I don't miss it that much. I only feel its absence when I have to park the car.

Posted Dec 31, '12 at 12:01pm

thebloxxer

thebloxxer

28 posts

When im turning slowly with my car, it feels like im driving the Titanic. :)

Posted Jan 3, '13 at 1:09pm

redfan45

redfan45

202 posts

I get about 11MPG with my car, but honestly if you stand in front of these cars from the 50s, 40s, 30s, they are massive. The hood itself makes a new car look like a little midget

Posted Jan 3, '13 at 11:58pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,561 posts

Knight

I get about 11MPG with my car, but honestly if you stand in front of these cars from the 50s, 40s, 30s, they are massive.

You bet. Those were real cars. I would take the 351 cubic inches of solid power from the Ford Mustang then the 0.5 liter Smart Car that can only go 55mph.

Posted Jan 5, '13 at 11:34am

redfan45

redfan45

202 posts

You bet. Those were real cars. I would take the 351 cubic inches of solid power from the Ford Mustang then the 0.5 liter Smart Car that can only go 55mph.

Not to mention, you get some stares while driving these. Especially when they see it's a 18 year old driving it, and I like the fact that mine isn't 100% mint and car show condition. It's a daily driver, just looks like a car that happens to be 58 years old.

Posted Jan 5, '13 at 3:25pm

spikeabc

spikeabc

1,004 posts

Get outta here plastic boy!

Yeah Daleks, get that over-sized mountain dew bottle off the road!! (Just kidding. Kia is a good brand I guess.)

lol agreed.

Posted Jan 6, '13 at 12:18pm

redfan45

redfan45

202 posts

Do you guys have power steering on your cars?

No I don't, nor does it have seatbelts (although that model car came with seatbelts as a option they were not mandatory and also power steering was optional but whoever ordered mine in 1955 did not chose either) and the large steering wheel kinda makes up for not having power steering, it's easy to get used to especially with a big wheel.
When you are actually moving and on the road you really don't notice the lack of power steering, its when you are parking, stationary etc that you start to notice it.

Reply to The Cars of Armor Games Users. Share your pictures!

You must be logged in to post a reply!