ForumsThe TavernThe Cars of Armor Games Users. Share your pictures!

41 8708
redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

Since I saw there was a thread for the faces of users, why not make one for their cars?
I guess I'll start then.
My 1955 Ford Customline. Rather unique for a 18 year old I guess.
http://i46.tinypic.com/2d8ox1x.jpg

• 41 Replies
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

Oh and Keg, I was being serious on liking your car. For some reason I attraction to cars most people would deem "crap".

Oh, thanks for clarifying this up. I'm aware that sarcasm doesn't translate well over the Internet, so I didn't know what to think
I'm a little bit like you. Though I'm not a big fan of cars, for some reason I prefer those that people consider rubbish.

The lack of AC doesn't really bother me. If it's hot, I just open the window :P The only problem now that's winter is that the heater doesn't heat as fast as it should do, so I nearly freeze when I get out from work at 6 a.m.

Do you guys have power steering on your cars?

Obviously no, but who needs it? I think that power steering is overrated
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Obviously no, but who needs it? I think that power steering is overrated

I'm sure you're kidding. It murders your arms to drive without power steering. =0
kegaumongo
kegaumongo
2,155 posts
Grand Duchess

I'm sure you're kidding. It murders your arms to drive without power steering. =0

Of course I'm kidding. But the truth is that I don't miss it that much. I only feel its absence when I have to park the car.
thebloxxer
thebloxxer
28 posts
Nomad

When im turning slowly with my car, it feels like im driving the Titanic.

redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

I get about 11MPG with my car, but honestly if you stand in front of these cars from the 50s, 40s, 30s, they are massive. The hood itself makes a new car look like a little midget

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I get about 11MPG with my car, but honestly if you stand in front of these cars from the 50s, 40s, 30s, they are massive.

You bet. Those were real cars. I would take the 351 cubic inches of solid power from the Ford Mustang then the 0.5 liter Smart Car that can only go 55mph.
redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

You bet. Those were real cars. I would take the 351 cubic inches of solid power from the Ford Mustang then the 0.5 liter Smart Car that can only go 55mph.

Not to mention, you get some stares while driving these. Especially when they see it's a 18 year old driving it, and I like the fact that mine isn't 100% mint and car show condition. It's a daily driver, just looks like a car that happens to be 58 years old.
spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

Get outta here plastic boy!

Yeah Daleks, get that over-sized mountain dew bottle off the road!! (Just kidding. Kia is a good brand I guess.)

lol agreed.
redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

Do you guys have power steering on your cars?

No I don't, nor does it have seatbelts (although that model car came with seatbelts as a option they were not mandatory and also power steering was optional but whoever ordered mine in 1955 did not chose either) and the large steering wheel kinda makes up for not having power steering, it's easy to get used to especially with a big wheel.
When you are actually moving and on the road you really don't notice the lack of power steering, its when you are parking, stationary etc that you start to notice it.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

When you are actually moving and on the road you really don't notice the lack of power steering, its when you are parking, stationary etc that you start to notice it.

That's mostly why they developed power steering. Have to admit, it is pretty nice.

Have you thought about installing a P/S system on your car? If it came as an option when it was new, you should be able to get parts to upgrade it.
redfan45
redfan45
197 posts
Nomad

Have you thought about installing a P/S system on your car?

I have thought of it, as I'm interested in mod-stock hot rods and classic cars. Where they pretty much keep the body and sometimes interior (which I would do as I prefer the interiors to new interiors as well) and add a modern engine, transmission, breaking, heating, ac, stereo system, power steering, etc etc. But obviously that would all cost alot.
But as for getting the original power steering it came with I probably will eventually, and slowly work my way up with the "mods" I'll add new style breaking, and a stereo system, and I'm going to convert it to 12 Volt because believe me, trying to crank over a big V8 Engine with a 6 Volt battery is sometimes a pain in the butt when the battery is low
Showing 31-41 of 41