ForumsGames[Necro] Kingdom Rush v Incursion

7 6888
Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

I know that to some this may be a random comparison, but I find some similarities between these two games:

-They are both TD genre.
-They both have talking units.
-They both have unit respawning buildings.
-They have spells.
-They have warriors, mages, archers, and (if you upgrade the archer in Incursion far enough) artillery.
-They have unit/tower upgrades.
-They have currency objects (stars. gems) you earn from how well you did in a level.

I think you can guess more similarities after reading this because I don't want to say them all.

Anyway, please discuss the other similarities and differences between these games and also decide which is better.

• 7 Replies
PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

Your list, at the core, is what all TD games are. Spells and unit distribution is what these games are best at and mechanically what makes them work. Barracks, and Archers, to Artillery, and the Mage's and Hero's. That system has been around longer than sliced bread. Ok maybe not, but pretty close.

The problem that I have about these two games that you mentioned are the graphics and sounds. The long and short:

Takeover, is a rip off, re-skinned, re-hashed, and you might as well call it a pirated version of Incursion.

Incursion, is a rip off, re-skinned, re-hashed, and you might as well call it a pirated version of Kingdom Rush.

Kingdom Rush, now you must ask yourself, "what did KR rip off?"

Well, you could argue that this old game, Flashcraft was the indirect inspiration for KR. Even Flashcraft was a direct ripoff of the RTS, Warcraft.
Even the old RTS games which had Custom map editors had people create TD games.

Conclusion: TD's are a penny a dozen now. but there's something about Incursion that rubs me the wrong way. It just feels stolen. It feels pirated. It feels, looks, sounds, and plays exactly like Kingdom Rush. It leaves a sick taste in my mouth.

NinjaOnABudget
NinjaOnABudget
4 posts
Peasant

Kingdom rush is pretty original, and i find it more entertaining because it flows better in the way of gameplay.

ninjet99
ninjet99
54 posts
Shepherd

kingdom rush for the win it is a classic and one of the best

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Cursed Treasure, oh that's not an option. Between these two, neither. They're both rather boring TD's.

Gameboy98
Gameboy98
232 posts
Jester

@Pausebreak, Thanks for the giving the time to write such a great reply, I really appreciate it.

@GhostOfMatrix, Then why the heck did you even click this title in the forums list?!

tocyy
tocyy
9 posts
Farmer

Incursion is a nice game though, but it's a copy. They say it's inspired by KR..

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

Necro --> locked

Showing 1-7 of 7