ForumsArt, Music, and Writing[Necro] Website Design

8 6577
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Anyone here do website designs, or ever designed a website? I like to dabble in that. Made a few amazing(I am soooo not humble) designs. Lost my laptop though(hardware malfunction) and lost all my work! Just wondering if anyone else does that either?

• 8 Replies
snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

I can code the whole website, and make some buttons but other than that not really.

~Snowman1474

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

This sounds like an excellent thread, because there are people here who may be interested in website design...or having somebody help them put together a website.

I don't have the money to pay for a domain but I was thinking about something like that eventually for some of my more involved projects e.g. concepts for webcomics, a flash game, a few graphic and literary novels...

So yeah. Just throwing that out there.

bobert
bobert
176 posts
Nomad

I've taken a class, mostly learning html and using apps. I've made a few simple sites, but never did anything really complex.

miniman
miniman
84 posts
Nomad

i think in he is also talking about graphics, i'm pretty good with photoshop , but i've never done a website,

LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

I can design websites, I use adobe dreamweaver CS3 and I am taking classes in website design now.

-LordBob

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

While we are on this topic, how much does it cost to buy a domian? I have been thinking about making a website for sometime now.

A domain cost about $9; however, you will need somewhere to host. I host at hostm for ~$140 for two years. You get 800GB of space and 8000GB of bandwith, much more than any hobbyist would need. You also get Fantastico and CPanel so you can install forums, blogs, CMS, and shopping carts with out the hassle of manual installation.

I design websites professionally for a friend's company. I also run my own site with a friend, flak-games.com, and soon my own portfolio will be up at alldank.com. I use Dreamweaver CS3, Photoshop CS3, Flash CS3, Illustator CS3, and XAMPP for construction of my websites.
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

A site like this would cost tons of money Big. You would need tons of space to keep flash games, and with all the hits you get if you get popular it would be a lot. You could have ads to help pay like Adsense but you need to be 18 to cash in on those things. Getting my website up was a pain by itself and it does nothing! Just looks cool. But yes this would be a great website thread. If people have questions on coding or designing. I am not CSS coder but I do design them. Hope I can help anyone with questions! :P

MageOfTyr
MageOfTyr
6 posts
Nomad

Yeah I do, but I prefer to take the cheap road and run my own servers, and use free forum software such as vBulletin or iPBFree.

Showing 1-8 of 8