Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Courage

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 1:24am

SSTG

SSTG

10,886 posts

Knight

Courage is not just defined by the act of beating up or killing someone physically stronger than you.
You have courage when you can admit that you made a mistake. You have courage when you face a bad situation and you work hard to get out of it.
That's the way I see it anyway.

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 8:41am

Hintkin

Hintkin

21 posts

Hmm I think courage is an honorable character when one person does not fear of failures (death, shame, etc..) in his/her life for the sake of his/her loved ones. It's corny but that's what I really think of that word not just to spare one's life. Cause you could be a merciful person for saying that.

Posted Dec 27, '12 at 9:13am

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

lets see what wikipedia says:

Courage is the ability to confront fear, pain, danger, uncertainty, or intimidation. "Physical courage" is courage in the face of physical pain, hardship, death, or threat of death, while "moral courage" is the ability to act rightly in the face of popular opposition, shame, scandal, or discouragement.

there are many ways to show your courage. by confronting your fears like Courage the Cowardly Dog or by using other Examples of Courage.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 7:47am

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,587 posts

Even though that saying was said by the mighty Gandalf the Grey in The Hobbit, I have to say I don't like it!

Courage is basically facing your worst fear and confronting it, instead of running away. Of course there is a time and place to run like hell too, but eh. I'm talking in noodles.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 9:06am

spikeabc

spikeabc

1,004 posts

courage is the ability to stand up to your fears for things other then yourself.
this really isnt a forum its just kinda something were trying to define here...

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 9:15am

toemas

toemas

314 posts

.Eh well, military indoctrination and discipline does the job well too, unfortunately.

remember solder! when the dude raises the gun to shoot you then fire on him first!
grrrrrrr stupid military indoctrination

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 9:56am

SaifurRahman

SaifurRahman

73 posts

After I used that saying, I saw The Hobbit; and Gandolf using it.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 1:14pm

daleks

daleks

3,213 posts

RIP Adolf Hitler, Died fighting to the end for his much maligned vision.

Not saying that courageous people are always good people.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 1:17pm

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,856 posts

RIP Adolf Hitler, Died fighting to the end

He committed suicide....

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 5:31pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,277 posts

He committed suicide....

Still fighting though =p just wanted to be An Hero