Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Do you still believe in Santa?

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 8:20pm

SSTG

SSTG

12,561 posts

Knight

Except that Jesus was a true person who lived around 2000 years ago and that there's a Santa in the Northern Finland. So basically they aren't imaginary.

Got any proof of this? Where in the Roman history (the one written by actual Roman historians) do you see any mention of Jesus?
If he really existed, don't you think the Roman would have bragged about the fact that they kill the son of some Jew God, the same ones they defeated and made fun of since they were masters of the World and Palestine was nothing more to them than a province?

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 8:51pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,794 posts

Simply put.. Nope.

It's fine for kids to believe it at a young age cause it makes X-Mas a bit more fun, especially since they are probably not going to be partying and such, xD.

For me I stopped believe around the age of 9 or 10 probably even younger, Christmas got really boring from then on out until I was about 15 where I started going to parties and such for X-Mas. But yeah as I mentioned, no.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 10:06pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

Where in the Roman history (the one written by actual Roman historians) do you see any mention of Jesus?

Here.

don't you think the Roman would have bragged about the fact that they kill the son of some Jew God

I doubt it. To them, it would've been just another radical/criminal/nutcase.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 11:22pm

SSTG

SSTG

12,561 posts

Knight

Here.

That's the only mention of him. Maybe a guy called Jesus existed but it doesn't prove he was the son of God.

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 7:24am

NocturnalFane

NocturnalFane

5 posts

That's the only mention of him. Maybe a guy called Jesus existed but it doesn't prove he was the son of God.

As said by EP, Tacticus mentioned Jesus. So did Suetonius and Pliny The Younger.

Now of course at that time Roman historians weren't interested to write about a small resistance movement named 'christianity' because there were far more important things to record such as the emperors, senate, 'world order' (read: Roman Empire Order) etc. It was only later in the dark ages when christianity took off and bloomed like a vile plant infesting whole Europe.

don't you think the Roman would have bragged about the fact that they kill the son of some Jew God

And doing so they would accept that there was a Jew God and thereby neglect their own gods? I don't think so...
It was far more better to just kill the poor *******, make as little fuss as possible and hope people would stop the movement after their leader was killed and forget that there even was a guy named Jesus.

Now did Jesus have magical powers? That's a question of belief. We can't answer it. My personal opinion is that he had magic powers as much as Copperfield has.

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 3:50pm

Bobthebest

Bobthebest

28 posts

This is a forum about Santa. Not Jesus or religion.
To debate that go here:
http://armorgames.com/community/thread/7315679/theism-and-atheism

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 5:29pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

194 posts

I believe that Santa lives in the hearts of good mummys and daddys everywhere and they keep the magic alive for their children.

Posted Jan 10, '13 at 6:35pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

This is a forum about Santa. Not Jesus or religion.

Actually the two nowadays go hand-in-hand.

Yet on that note, let's try to keep the discussion about religion down to just the connection religion(s) in question and Santa.

Posted Jan 11, '13 at 7:12pm

handlerfan

handlerfan

194 posts

I think it is possible to believe in Santa and not believe in Jesus.
However this is a forum about believing in Santa. I like the idea that children are rewarded for being nice and get nothing for being nasty, so I still believe in Santa and so I believe in being nice. I am aware that we do some nasty things to each other, but, when it comes to being responsible for being nice, the buck stops here.

Posted Jan 11, '13 at 9:45pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,322 posts

I like the idea that children are rewarded for being nice and get nothing for being nasty

nasty or not. whit christmas they all get presents. if the parents can pay for them. if they dont, those children we be laughed at the 1st next schooldays.

the idea is nice but it doesn't work that way in reality. all parents love their children to much to say. "no christmas present for you."

Reply to Do you still believe in Santa?

You must be logged in to post a reply!