ForumsSupport Forum[Fixed] AG friending/Dawn of the Dragons Add Army interface

10 5922
TheLuggage
TheLuggage
9 posts
Jester

The DotD forum has provided a measure of feedback regarding the current state of functionality of the interface between AG's friending system and how it does (or does not more often than not) communicate with the in-game Add Army aspect in DotD. The most recent post to the DotD forum on the topic (with links to prior posts) can be found here [url=http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums/forums/showthread.php?17068-AG-Army-size-is-screwy]. I (and I expect much of the AG DotD player base) would very much like an update on what is being done on AG's side to remedy this issue.

• 10 Replies
TheLuggage
TheLuggage
9 posts
Jester

My apologies for the incompletely formatted link.

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

AG can't update Dawn of the Dragons. Since they are only hosting it. So you will just have to wait for something to happen on the DotD end. :P

TheLuggage
TheLuggage
9 posts
Jester

The specific issue I am addressing here (for the benefit of those of you who haven't read through the linked Player Reports on the DotD forum) is the manner in which the information from AG friends lists is accessed and communicated to DotD and used to increase in-game army size. A relevant quote from Lena (DotD Dev): "Unfortunately, with the way AG lists work, if they throw any errors, then the loading of the list is incomplete, and you end up seeing less friends than your actual total [in your army]. We can't affect how those work, but we try to see if there is anything we can do on our side to improve them." AG can work to ensure that data is fully and accurately passed to DotD. This is what I am hoping to have addressed by AG staff.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I have forwarded this problem to the ArmorGames staff to see whether they can help you solve this problem/bug for you. Please wait for one of the staff to respond to the problem, ok? Thank you! =)

TheLuggage
TheLuggage
9 posts
Jester

I'm bumping this thread in the hopes of getting some response back.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I apologise for the fact that your question hasn't been looked at yet... I forwarded this to an admin again and I'm sure one will check in to look at it, ok?

Please hang in there a little while longer... =)

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

TheLuggage,

This is good information, I'm putting it on our Bug List. It doesn't look like an easy fix however, so I can't tell you when it will be fixed at this point.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Could you test that this is fixed?

TheLuggage
TheLuggage
9 posts
Jester

I tested the fix after I saw the post from boppins on the DotD forum. My Army size went from 74 to 374. It appears that things are in better working order now. My thanks to the AG team for their efforts.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Awesome, be sure to thank Boppins, he's the magical unicorn that solved the issue.

Showing 1-10 of 10