Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Russel Wilson: Rookie of the year? Your Thoughts.

Posted Dec 29, '12 at 11:37pm

daleks

daleks

3,177 posts

Honestly I think these days you sometimes have to be a 1 man team to get awards and records. Examples: Luck, Johnson, Petterson

Posted Dec 30, '12 at 1:38am

ryan7g

ryan7g

489 posts

Here's my take on it...

I'm torn between RG3 and Wilson.

Luck is a very good quarterback and will be for many years to come, but the competition is too high and he's thrown way too many interceptions and his completion percentage is lower than that of his counterparts.

I would've never had expected Russel to make the kind of impact that he has. I actually thought Pete Carroll should've started Matt Flynn over him at the beginning of the season, but wow. How things have changed.

I think it very well may come down to what RG3 does in week 17 against the Cowboys. If he has a great game and leads them into the playoffs and NFC East champs, then I personally think he deserves the award.

However.. if he comes out and slumps in that game, and say, can't run as well as he's usually able to because of his knee injury, and his team ends up losing, then the award should go to Russel. Potentially 11-5 and the NFC West crown? I'd say he'd deserve it. He's played far better than ANYONE had expected.

Posted Dec 30, '12 at 1:41am

ryan7g

ryan7g

489 posts

gee sorry to troll here but does anyone care...?

Yeah. Football fans and those who enjoy talking about it do care.

Take that negativity somewhere else.

Posted Dec 30, '12 at 9:42am

SharpshooterAlpha

SharpshooterAlpha

5 posts

Honestly I think these days you sometimes have to be a 1 man team to get awards and records. Examples: Luck, Johnson, Petterson

there is an exception to Calvin Johnson. The Lions knew they couldn't beat the Falcons in Atlanta so they did all they could so Megatron could beat out Jerry Rice

Posted Dec 30, '12 at 1:41pm

vinster132

vinster132

5,486 posts

I would've never had expected Russel to make the kind of impact that he has. I actually thought Pete Carroll should've started Matt Flynn over him at the beginning of the season, but wow. How things have changed.

Same here after seeing how Matt Flynn threw those 6 touchdowns while Rodgers wasn't played since it was the last game of the season. I thought he would be the man for the Seahawks. Who knows what happened in the offseason and camp but looks like Russell came out. I think he would've gotten drafted a little earlier. Though his height was apparently the problem for most people.

Posted Dec 30, '12 at 11:18pm

daleks

daleks

3,177 posts

I think he would've gotten drafted a little earlier. Though his height was apparently the problem for most people.

Yes. People have said that if he was taller he might have been chosen in the first round. I bet lots of people wish they had him right now.

Reply to Russel Wilson: Rookie of the year? Your Thoughts.

You must be logged in to post a reply!