ForumsNews and FeedbackNew points/rank System

6 3730
dcoold
dcoold
914 posts
Nomad

I lurk round the Taleworlds forums a lot, and i really like their system of ranking. It goes by how much time you spend logged in to the site, while that may not work as well here, it could stop a lot of spamming. By the way, does anyone have a link to the thread that contains the armor games forum searcher thing?

• 6 Replies
dcoold
dcoold
914 posts
Nomad

I really didn't word that well, what i mean is maybe it could be implemented on the AG website, or at least a partial form of it to test it. It really stops a lot of the spamming(not that spamming is a really big problem.)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

What's stopping people from leaving this site open for most of the day? They'd get points for doing nothing, and that's not how AG works. They want to engage players, have them do things on the site. They plan on adding achievements, which will be the new points system.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

I don't think this is something that's going to be implemented here on ArmorGames, but to counter your statement GOM... it wouldn't be that hard to control such a system seeing as the current on-/offline feature already has a system that goes offline when there's no activity measured. This could probably be transferred to this feature pretty as well. =)

dcoold
dcoold
914 posts
Nomad

Ok, just thought id point out their system,as it works quit well for them.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

it wouldn't be that hard to control such a system seeing as the current on-/offline feature already has a system that goes offline when there's no activity measured. This could probably be transferred to this feature pretty as well. =)

What if the person went to the forums or a game and left it open? Wouldn't it record them as being there and "being active"?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It could work if you get disconnected every few minutes for inactivity, but that seems like such a hassle. I'd much prefer a system that engages the player, you actually have to do things to get rewarded.

Showing 1-6 of 6