ForumsThe TavernSoccer chat

92 18104
omarzoco
omarzoco
18 posts
Nomad

Well here is where you'll talk about soccer like what's happening in the Barclays league or who's your favorite team or player so let it spill out.

• 92 Replies
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

No. United have quietly spent quite a sum since SAF came. During the derby last year, I remembered calculating the price tags of both teams, surprisingly, United's costs more.

Which derby? I find that incredibly hard to believe to be honest. City's team in the Champions League this year cost almost 200 million. As much as United spend, I doubt it is anywhere near as high as that, given that their transfer record is 30mil for Berbatov. In addition, United actually make the money back which they spend, bcause they have so many fans around the world.

He's been magnificent this season.

He's gone from being completely rubbish to being average. He had a few very good games at the beginnng of the season, but to call him magnificent is pure hype.

Fergie is disgusting for calling Newcastle a ''wee club in the NE''.

The man thinks he is a law unto himself. He should certainly have received punishment for harassing officials like that.

In any case, my mate has a spare ticket to the Fulham Swansea game which I'll be off to see. Given the weather I can only thank the good Lord I'll be sitting in the Jonny Haynes stand, under cover.
GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Oh, a soccer thread?
These never usually last.

Everton is going strong this season and hopefully it'll be champions league for them next year.

I doubt it, honestly.
Tottenham should win their match today against Sunderland, though it's 0-0 at the minute.

I can't see Everton winning tomorrow, at best a 1-1 draw.

Who I think the top 4 will be this year is Utd, City, Chelsea and Arsenal/Tottenham.

So, transfer season.
Who do you think will buy what?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Utd, Chelsea, City, Arsenal.

Transfer season usually cheeses me off. So much speculation, so much hope, so much disappointment.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I agree, I rarely watch soccer around this time of year and lose interest until March-ish.
Transfer season is always so overestimated.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

It gets my heart racing, and I know it's usually without a cause. Well, just one more month of this to go.....

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Anyone see Van Persie's goal?
Hate to admit it, but it was amazing.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

West Brom are useless....

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Well, that's almost a given.
They're west brom.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Well, they were 4th for so long this season.

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Yeah, but lots of terrible teams get in the top 6ish for the first half of the season, take Hull a few years ago for example.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Watching Arsenal is going to shorten my life span.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I can't sleep. Oh GOODNESS.

7-3 Boring boring Arsenal!!

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Walcott is officially the real deal. His little dink was delicious. I suspect he will be signing a new contract rather soon. You can you want to play through the middle all you like, but the best way to do so is by putting in performances like that.

Still, Arsenal have been getting lucky this season, especially with penalty decisions. If either Wilshereor Cazorla gets injured they are screwed, they have no squad depth in the middle of the park. Not sure how much longer this good run will last, especialy with the City game coming up.

handlerfan
handlerfan
185 posts
Nomad

The Boro beat Blackpool 4-2.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Well done Arsenal! Walcott was amazing. The part that is a worry though is that Newcastle scored so many. They are nowhere near the side they were last year.

Showing 16-30 of 92