Forums

ForumsForum Games

Strike or Stealth (RPG)

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 8:47pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,311 posts

Note: This is a basic fight, loot, inventory RPG. No magic, no superpowers, no unnecessary stats. Find a gun, kick some butt and survive. If you want a good, simple conflict RPG, this is it.

It's been five month since you've seen sunlight. Your cell is concrete top to bottom with a single barred door and a barred window facing another cell. There are three others, soldiers like you, and they're dying as slowly as you are. All you know is your name, your life and your remaining strength.

For weeks the guards have ignored you. They have provided you with food twice a day and have buried six men, all previous members of your team. They are armed and have never made a mistake. Until today. One of the men faked his death, and the guard was foolish enough to leave the door open when he went to drag him out. He was strangled and his keys and guns were stolen. The prisoner unlocks your cell and speaks theses words:

"We escape this hole today. You can join the three of us and we can shoot our way out, or you can go alone. I will not harm you, but if you come with us, I will give you a gun. So. Strike, or stealth?"

You respond with a single word.
Strike or Stealth:
------

Name:
Class: (Hand-To-Hand, Soldier, Sniper. More information below)
Bio: (Optional. Two or three sentences will be fine)

Distribute 10 pts between these three stats:
Speed:
Strength:
Instinct:
---
Inventory:
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:

NOTE: Each class holds a bonus.
H2H (hand-to-hand): +5 Speed, Close-range Weapon Skill (knives, pistols, etc)
Soldier: +5 Strength, Medium-range Weapon Skill (rifles, submachine guns, etc)
Sniper: +5 Instinct, Long-range Weapon Skill (sniper rifles, compound bows/crossbows, etc)

The "Weapons Skill" increases your ability to use each weapon. A H2H would have difficulty handling a launcher, while a Soldier would have difficulty throwing a large knife. Your skill will improve over time.

---

STRIKE: The soldier in front of you nods and hands you a weapon from the guard. "He was carrying an AK-47, a Makarov pistol, and a combat knife. "Which of these can you use best?"

STEALTH: The soldier in front of you nods. "The hallway has only one exit. The guards could be anywhere, and we do not have much time before they come looking for this one. I will give you five minutes. You can take the keys he was carrying."

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 10:24pm

Raispeed55

Raispeed55

248 posts

Name:Narazumono Hayasa.
Class: Hand-To-Hand.
Bio:N/A.

Speed:4
Strength:3.
Instinct:3.
---
Inventory:Keys.
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:Close Range.
"Stealth."I walk around the hallway,hiding in the shadows\\ If I see a guard.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 10:26pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

458 posts

Name: Brian "Black-belt" Smith
Class: Hand-to-hand
Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
Speed: 5 (+5 from class)
Strength: 2
Instinct: 3
---
Inventory: None...
Weapons: Bare fists of FURY
Weapon Skill: Close Range?

Stealth; I do better alone anyway. I'll take the keys and change clothes with the guard. Hope they fit-a Guard's clothes should make me look less...prisoner-y.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 10:31pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,311 posts

Speed:9 (the H2H bonus has been applied)
---
Weapons:

You walk past the other prisoners, and the now vacant cells, through a single padlocked door using the guard's keys. The concrete hallway in front of you continues for about 10 feet, with a wide window on the right wall. A guard station. To the right is a second passage with a door on the left wall. It might lead into the guard's room.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 10:34pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,311 posts

Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
---
Inventory: (If it's empty, just leave it blank)Guard's key set
Weapons: (nice try)
Weapon Skill: Close Range

The other prisoner looks slightly impressed at you stealing the guard's clothes. "Best of luck to you. Now go."

You walk past the other prisoners, and the now vacant cells, through a single padlocked door using the guard's keys. The concrete hallway in front of you continues for about 10 feet, with a wide window on the right wall. A guard station. To the right is a second passage with a door on the left wall. It might lead into the guard's room. (The story lines will start identical, but will change as you make decisions).

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 11:27pm

Raispeed55

Raispeed55

248 posts

Speed:9
---
Weapons:

(Can I meet other players?)

I walk,touching the right wall and ducking under the window.I  continue through the hallway,without looking at the guard's room.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 11:40pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

458 posts

---
Inventory: Guard's key set
Weapons:
(Oh right, forgot to put keys in inventory.)
Obviously, the guards are armed. I'm going to need some protection, some equipment, maybe a heavy nightstick...so I peak in the window of the Guard Station. If there's any guards in there, I knock on the door and say "My shift's up, nothing unusual to report. your turn." and hope the guard nods. If he sees through me, i'll kick him in the balls so many times...
If there's no guards, I just walk in and take whatever looks good.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 11:42pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,311 posts

Speed:9
---
Inventory:Guard's key set (just changing the name. Different kinds of keys may appear)
Weapons:

(No. It's a single-player story.)

The door at the end of the hall is locked as well. However, instead of a keyhole, it has a slot for an ID card with a blinking red light. It has a bulletproof window, showing another concrete hallway. The lights are brighter and the hallway looks cleaner, although the door is a bit dingy.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 11:49pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,311 posts

---
Inventory: Guard's key set
Weapons:

(It doesn't quite work like that. I give you options, you make choices, then I give you results. Don't make me choose a path for you!)

(I will help you out this time, though. For the record, you look nothing like a healthy, well-fed guard, and the guards might not speak English. Be careful what you assume).

You walk up to the window, press yourself against the wall and peek slowly into the window. A guard is sitting in a wooden chair, looking bored. He has an intercom speaker and headset, meaning that the glass is probably bulletproof. Behind him are a few lockers, a bench, and some spare uniforms. At the end of the hallway, past the guard, is another locked door, but it looks newer. An ID card slot is beside it with a blinking red light.

Posted Dec 28, '12 at 11:49pm

ArgamenPhish

ArgamenPhish

657 posts

Name: Argamen Phish
Class Hand-To-Hand
Bio: I was a paramedic before I was convicted. You ask what got me in here. Well that's a long story I don't want to go into. But lets just say I got to that ****ed drunk driver first and he wasn't injured when I got to him...
Speed:5(+5)
Strength:2
Instinct:3
---
Inventory:
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:

Stealth

Reply to Strike or Stealth (RPG)

You must be logged in to post a reply!