ForumsForum Games

Strike or Stealth (RPG)

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 7:50pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

458 posts

Name: Brian "Black-belt" Smith
Class: Hand-to-hand
Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
Speed: EXTREME (11)
Strength: 5
Instinct: 6
---
Clothing: Black-Tac Uniform
Inventory: Thin Steel Wire, MP5K Magazine (2) ,G17 Semiautomatic pistol Magazine (2),Smoke Grenade (1), Steel choke cable with handles (1) Small Tactical flashlight (1), ID card, Guard's key set
Weapons: MP5K, 25 rnd (Silenced) (Red Dot sight) (Sling)
G17 Semiautomatic pistol, 12 rnd (Silenced) (Laser)
Weapon Skill: Close Range

Hmm, interesting! The Map really helps. I raid the fridge and make myself a cold sandwich (Not using the microwave because it might wake up the guards) out of anything and everything tasty I can find. Mmmm...Foood....After that, I make my way through the rooms I already cleared, heading for the radio room, prepared to shoot the guard once I see him.

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 9:59pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,099 posts

Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
---
Inventory: Thin Steel Wire, MP5K Magazine (2) ,G17 Semiautomatic pistol Magazine (2),Smoke Grenade (1), Steel choke cable with handles (1) Small Tactical flashlight (1), ID card, Guard's key set

You sneak past the sleeping guards, through the doors, through the ID card door, across the room, through the next ID card door, past the elevator doors, and up to the next door. You look through to check on the guard.

The guard is dead, crumpled to the floor and missing his weapon.

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 2:48pm

BlazingZelda

BlazingZelda

884 posts

Name:Gary
Class:Sniper
Bio:Don't remember a thing

Speed:4
Strength:2
Instinct:4
---
Inventory:
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:

Strike. I take the AK-47. (I don't really know anything about different types of guns but i'm guessing it's more effective for me than a knife or pistol)

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 4:23pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,099 posts

Name:Gary
Class:Sniper
Bio:Don't remember a thing

Speed:4
Strength:2
Instinct:4
---
Inventory:
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:

Dude, I'm on page 21. Four other people are halfway through Chapter 2. Can't let you in. However, there will be an epic sequel, and I'm going to set it up so anyone can join without being confused (yeah, I'm that good).

If I remember, I'll send you a message when the second one comes out. Won't be until everyone else finishes this one. For future reference, don't join an RPG if it's past Page 5 or so, unless the OP permits. I can't let four other people down by starting a new game when they're more than halfway through.

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 4:30pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,099 posts

Also, do some research! Don't say "I don't know the difference between these two guns." Google them. Spend 10 seconds on research. It's a realistic RPG so all the guns and items will be accurate. An AK-47 is a 30-rnd Assault Rifle. You only have 2 Strength, so you're going to have trouble using it.

Also, add in your bonus points! You would have gotten a +5 bonus on your Weapon Skill (which you also left blank). Always read ALL the instructions and fill in the bonuses you get, because if I forget (I'm running several people), you will miss out on a bonus and it'll affect your story line.

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 7:52pm

BlazingZelda

BlazingZelda

884 posts

ok thanks.

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 7:57pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,099 posts

No problem. I try to keep things as solid as possible, because it's legitimately difficult to keep all elements of a good RPG under control. Do yourself a favor and don't kick one off because you've got a good "initial" idea. It takes some work to establish everything.

If you're interested, a new fantasy RPG just opened up. I joined (and whined too much, dangit), so join it for the added experience. And read the tagged "How to" posts by the Moderators at the top of the Forum Games section.

READ THEM.

And to everyone else: Chapter 3 is ready! Knuckle up and get to it!

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 9:51pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

458 posts

---

Huh. Guess the other guys aren't dead. I peak into the radio room to see if they're there, then enter. If they're inside, I say "Don't shoot, it's a fellow escapee!"

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 10:45pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,099 posts

---

You unlock the Radio Tower door with an ID card and step inside. It's relatively dark, but there are a few computer monitors in from of two swivel chairs. The center of the room is down a few stairs, filled by a thick steel tower than clearly extends above the ceiling. It's surrounded by a cylinder of bulletproof glass, but even if you could get through it you could break the tower.

A man is tapping rapidly on the keyboard as lines of code and images fly across the monitor. You take a step inside and hear a click. Someone is pushing a rifle into the back of your neck.

"A fellow what-now? Who the heck are you?"

The man behind you lowers his gun, grabs your shoulder and turns you around. He's an American, muscular, with short blonde hair, beard stubble and cold blue eyes. "Yakov. It's what's-his-face. Where'd you find all this gear??"

A third man stands up from behind a rail, holding an AK-47. "It is! I don't suppose you truly remember us. We only met briefly before we were thrown in this place. I am Yakov. The man who almost killed you is Adam, and this is Lupe."

The man at the computer looks at you for less than a second, then goes back to typing. "Hope you at least brought me a decent rifle. These AKs are trash."

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 11:11pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,099 posts

-To all players-

Heads-up! I made a thread in the Art section called "Matt's Snap-Sketch", where I take suggestions and draw a quick black-and-white sketch. Got an RPG or video game character stuck in your head but you can't draw them? I'll give it a shot. Read the rules and send the ideas!

-Matt

Reply to Strike or Stealth (RPG)

You must be logged in to post a reply!