Forums

ForumsForum Games

Strike or Stealth (RPG)

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 12:37am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

3,806 posts

Oh! Sorry, you looked out the window too. Let me fill that in.

You look through the thin window and see water. A lot of water. Large, dark blue waves are crashing against a rocky cliff that you can barely make out by looking down. You also notice that you are very, very high up.

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 3:42pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

458 posts

Name: Brian "Black-belt" Smith
Class: Hand-to-hand
Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
Speed: Extreme
Strength: 6
Instinct: 6
---
Clothing: Black-Tac Uniform
Inventory: Thin Steel Wire, MP5K Magazine (2) ,G17 Semiautomatic pistol Magazine (2),Smoke Grenade (1), Steel choke cable with handles (1) Small Tactical flashlight (1), ID card, Guard's key set
Weapons: MP5K, 25 rnd (Silenced) (Red Dot sight) (Sling)
G17 Semiautomatic pistol, 12 rnd (Silenced) (Laser)
Weapon Skill: Close Range

"Here's my plan. Yakov, grenade the elevator, blowing it from the inside. 1 grenade should be enough. Meanwhile, Me and Adam will take out the two guards. Lupe, go with Yakov just in case." I then walk with Adam around the stairs until we can just barely see the guards. "On 3, we both shoot at the same time. I'll take the guard on the left. 1...2...3!" I whisper, shooting the left guard with my MP5K on 3. If we shoot the guards at the same time, we won't leave them any time to push the panic button. Should work.

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 3:50pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

3,806 posts

Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
---
Inventory: Thin Steel Wire, MP5K Magazine (2) ,G17 Semiautomatic pistol Magazine (2),Smoke Grenade (1), Steel choke cable with handles (1) Small Tactical flashlight (1), ID card, Guard's key set

Yakov and Lupe turn and move quietly down to the elevator. Adam puts his shoulder against the wall and pats you on the shoulder, indicating he's ready. Together, you jump up the last few stairs and onto the landing the guards are on. You hit one guard in the chest twice and Adam hits the other in the throat.

You are on a wide landing now, but with no windows. A large flat light is in the ceiling, allowing you to see where you are. Behind you is a solid steel wall (the top of the elevator is behind it). To your left is a brick wall, and directly in front of you is a large slide-up door, like you would find in a garage. It's ten feet wide and seven feet tall. Rails above your head show that it arches up and under the ceiling when you lift the handle.

You can either go back down the stairs or inspect the door. Something bothers you, and you realize you haven't heard a grenade go off.

Posted Jan 18, '13 at 11:58pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

458 posts

---

"...Something's wrong, we need to check on Yakov and Lupe. Come on!"  I rush back down the stairs to the elevator. I hope Yakov and Lupe haven't been shot by guards.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 1:24am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

3,806 posts

---

You almost run into Yakov, who is coming back around to meet you. "Sorry to startle you, but I didn't want to blow up the elevator if the guards were still alive. Lupe had a much better idea to disable the elevator."

Lupe shrugs. "I pushed the 'Emergency Stop' button."

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 12:16pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

458 posts

---

"Oh good. I thought you met some guards at the elevator and got shot to death. I suppose grenading the elevator would make a lot of noise and alert every guard on this floor to where we are." I tell them about the door. "I didn't get a good look at it, but I think we'll need a key of some sort. Let's check the other way and see what we find." With that, I take point, leading the party down the stairs.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 3:42pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

3,806 posts

---

You are the others tread down the stairs, past the elevator and around to the right, following the curve of the tower. You find yourself on another small landing. To your left is another thin window, showing nothing but water. You are facing a solid steel wall. It is entirely blank, minus a symbol:

|=|

Below the symbol is a small keyboard and a thin screen:

[_ _ _ _ _ _]

Lupe steps forward and knocks on the wall. No echo. It's solid steel.

"It needs a password, but...it could be anything. I don't know what to do."

Yakov examines the symbol. "It is like the others. A house for Barracks, a Radio Tower for a com room, and Stairs for a staircase. What is this a symbol of?"

Posted Jan 20, '13 at 1:19am

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

458 posts

---

"...I got no idea. I'm thinking armory or treasury. Either way, it's important because of the password. Let's see...6 spaces...it could be anything. Maybe it's scratched somewhere around here for a forgetful guard? Let's check this room thoroughly. If not, we go back up to the upper landing." I then proceed to do what I just said.

Posted Jan 20, '13 at 2:03pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

3,806 posts

---

You search, but find no written clues. However, you look up at the ceiling and see a large square carved in the ceiling. It looks like a door that drops down on hinges, facing the wall, but it appears to be sealed.

"A trapdoor to a room above us, perhaps?" Yakov asks. "I cannot jump that high. The ceiling is at least seven feet high. How would we get up?"

Posted Jan 20, '13 at 4:09pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

458 posts

---
You search, but find no written clues. However, you look up at the ceiling and see a large square carved in the ceiling. It looks like a door that drops down on hinges, facing the wall, but it appears to be sealed.
"A trapdoor to a room above us, perhaps?" Yakov asks. "I cannot jump that high. The ceiling is at least seven feet high. How would we get up?"

"That's easy. The strongest of us will lift the others up, and we'll pull him up last. Uh, Adam, you're the strongest, right? Either you or Lupe. To make it safe, both of you lift us up. But first...stand back!" I shoot out the hinges with my MP5K to open up the trapdoor, then after it falls I have Adam and Lupe lift me up, then Yakov, then me and Yakov pull them up.

Reply to Strike or Stealth (RPG)

You must be logged in to post a reply!