ForumsForum Games

Strike or Stealth (RPG)

Posted Jan 20, '13 at 6:52pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,502 posts

Name: Brian "Black-belt" Smith
Class: Hand-to-hand
Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
Speed: Extreme
Strength: 6
Instinct: 6
---
Clothing: Black-Tac Uniform
Inventory: Thin Steel Wire, MP5K Magazine (1) ,G17 Semiautomatic pistol Magazine (1),Smoke Grenade (1), Steel choke cable with handles (1) Small Tactical flashlight (1), ID card, Guard's key set
Weapons: MP5K, 25 rnd (Silenced) (Red Dot sight) (Sling)
G17 Semiautomatic pistol, 12 rnd (Silenced) (Laser)
Weapon Skill: Close Range
You search, but find no written clues. However, you look up at the ceiling and see a large square carved in the ceiling. It looks like a door that drops down on hinges, facing the wall, but it appears to be sealed.
"A trapdoor to a room above us, perhaps?" Yakov asks. "I cannot jump that high. The ceiling is at least seven feet high. How would we get up?"

(Adam and Yakov are soldiers, Lupe is a sniper. Adam and Yakov have the greatest strength).

You aim and fire the MP5K at the hinges. The bullets ricochet off the ceiling and hit the floor, leaving large dents and banding loudly onto the metal landing. It appears that the "hinges" are much sturdier that they looked.

"I would go as far as to guess it has air pistons that raise and lower it" Yakov admits. "It is probably designed to resist physical force."

Lupe winces. "We're going to have trouble if we make that much noise again."

(After going for so long, you are forced to reload. I have updated your inventory).

Posted Jan 20, '13 at 10:02pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

1,017 posts

Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
---
Inventory: Thin Steel Wire, MP5K Magazine (1) ,G17 Semiautomatic pistol Magazine (1),Smoke Grenade (1), Steel choke cable with handles (1) Small Tactical flashlight (1), ID card, Guard's key set

(I thought Yakov was the sniper, and Adam and Lupe were soldiers. Eh.)

"Darn it. Well, we can't go further in this room, so let's go back to the upper landing and check the guards there. Maybe one of them has a piece of paper with the password on it." With that I lead the guys back to the upper room and do what I just said.

Posted Jan 20, '13 at 10:36pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,502 posts

---

You turn and head back up the stairs, past the elevator (which is still exactly where you left it), up the landing and up to the flat with the sliding door. You search both guards and find

AK-47 (2)
AK-47 Magazine (2)
Makarov (2)
Makarov Magazine (2)
ID card (2)
Guard's key set (2)

You discard all of it (obviously).

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 3:42pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

1,017 posts

---

"...Nope, no password here." I check the sliding door for anything interesting.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 3:57pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,502 posts

---

The sliding door is very much like the steel door in a car garage, although this one is much thicker. It is locked eight times: four deadbolts on each side. The deadbolts are connected to some kind of electronic setup. There is also a latch on the floor, but it looks like it is released remotely.

"I cannot quite tell what I am looking at" Yakov mumbles. "It is locked several times on each side but not manually. Lupe, you would understand this better than I."

Lupe looks perplexed. "They're all connected to a computer of some kind. Maybe this is some kind of VIP door that only opens when people show up outside. There's most likely a helicopter outside. I think it is opened from somewhere else."

You examine the locks and see that they connect to electrical cables, which link together and run up through the ceiling. The lock on the ground is sealed to the floor, but it is probably connected to the other eight.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 9:03pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

1,017 posts

---

"...So, we're stuck. We can't go down, we can't go up. What's left but to jump out the window and crash into the ocean?" I kick the door in frustration. (Any hints please?)

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 9:21pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,502 posts

---

You kick the door and your ankle fractures.

Not really.

"Can't do that either. Windows are too thin," Adam replies.

Yakov jabs him with an elbow. "Calm down. We must number our options. We cannot get through this door. It is locked and we do not know how. We cannot use the elevator because we cleared the floor below. That leaves the password and symbol down the stairs. It is the only symbol we have not yet interpreted. It cannot be that hard."

Consider your clues:
The symbol is: |=|
The screen requires a 6-letter password
There is only one door, and it is in the ceiling. Therefore, the password is related to the door in the ceiling.
The door in the ceiling is too high to reach.
What 6-letter word would allow you to reach a door in the ceiling?

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 6:01am

Raispeed55

Raispeed55

258 posts

Y'know what? I quit. Sorry, but I quit. I just don't like modern RPG's anymore. So I quit. delete my character sheet. Because I just don't want this modern stuff. So, see you all in a not-so-modern-RPG. I don't hate them, they're just not my key to enjoyment.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 10:14am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,502 posts

Ok. You don't have to make a big deal out of it. Thanks for the heads-up. Now if only the other three people would post.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 8:49pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

1,017 posts

---
You kick the door and your ankle fractures.
Not really.
"Can't do that either. Windows are too thin," Adam replies.
Yakov jabs him with an elbow. "Calm down. We must number our options. We cannot get through this door. It is locked and we do not know how. We cannot use the elevator because we cleared the floor below. That leaves the password and symbol down the stairs. It is the only symbol we have not yet interpreted. It cannot be that hard."

I think for a sec. "...Short of punching straight through this door...password...Ladder? L A D D E R, that's 6 letters...come to think of that, the symbol does look like a ladder...Oy vey." I head back down to the password room and input L A D D E R.

Reply to Strike or Stealth (RPG)

You must be logged in to post a reply!