ForumsForum GamesStrike or Stealth (RPG)

261 18620
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,849 posts

Note: This is a basic fight, loot, inventory RPG. No magic, no superpowers, no unnecessary stats. Find a gun, kick some butt and survive. If you want a good, simple conflict RPG, this is it.

It's been five month since you've seen sunlight. Your cell is concrete top to bottom with a single barred door and a barred window facing another cell. There are three others, soldiers like you, and they're dying as slowly as you are. All you know is your name, your life and your remaining strength.

For weeks the guards have ignored you. They have provided you with food twice a day and have buried six men, all previous members of your team. They are armed and have never made a mistake. Until today. One of the men faked his death, and the guard was foolish enough to leave the door open when he went to drag him out. He was strangled and his keys and guns were stolen. The prisoner unlocks your cell and speaks theses words:

"We escape this hole today. You can join the three of us and we can shoot our way out, or you can go alone. I will not harm you, but if you come with us, I will give you a gun. So. Strike, or stealth?"

You respond with a single word.
Strike or Stealth:
------

Name:
Class: (Hand-To-Hand, Soldier, Sniper. More information below)
Bio: (Optional. Two or three sentences will be fine)

Distribute 10 pts between these three stats:
Speed:
Strength:
Instinct:
---
Inventory:
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:

NOTE: Each class holds a bonus.
H2H (hand-to-hand): +5 Speed, Close-range Weapon Skill (knives, pistols, etc)
Soldier: +5 Strength, Medium-range Weapon Skill (rifles, submachine guns, etc)
Sniper: +5 Instinct, Long-range Weapon Skill (sniper rifles, compound bows/crossbows, etc)

The "Weapons Skill" increases your ability to use each weapon. A H2H would have difficulty handling a launcher, while a Soldier would have difficulty throwing a large knife. Your skill will improve over time.

---

STRIKE: The soldier in front of you nods and hands you a weapon from the guard. "He was carrying an AK-47, a Makarov pistol, and a combat knife. "Which of these can you use best?"

STEALTH: The soldier in front of you nods. "The hallway has only one exit. The guards could be anywhere, and we do not have much time before they come looking for this one. I will give you five minutes. You can take the keys he was carrying."

• 261 Replies
Raispeed55
Raispeed55
257 posts

Name:Narazumono Hayasa.
Class: Hand-To-Hand.
Bio:N/A.

Speed:4
Strength:3.
Instinct:3.
---
Inventory:Keys.
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:Close Range.
"Stealth."I walk around the hallway,hiding in the shadows\\ If I see a guard.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts

Name: Brian "Black-belt" Smith
Class: Hand-to-hand
Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
Speed: 5 (+5 from class)
Strength: 2
Instinct: 3
---
Inventory: None...
Weapons: Bare fists of FURY
Weapon Skill: Close Range?

Stealth; I do better alone anyway. I'll take the keys and change clothes with the guard. Hope they fit-a Guard's clothes should make me look less...prisoner-y.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,849 posts

Speed:9 (the H2H bonus has been applied)
---
Weapons:

You walk past the other prisoners, and the now vacant cells, through a single padlocked door using the guard's keys. The concrete hallway in front of you continues for about 10 feet, with a wide window on the right wall. A guard station. To the right is a second passage with a door on the left wall. It might lead into the guard's room.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,849 posts

Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
---
Inventory: (If it's empty, just leave it blank)Guard's key set
Weapons: (nice try)
Weapon Skill: Close Range

The other prisoner looks slightly impressed at you stealing the guard's clothes. "Best of luck to you. Now go."

You walk past the other prisoners, and the now vacant cells, through a single padlocked door using the guard's keys. The concrete hallway in front of you continues for about 10 feet, with a wide window on the right wall. A guard station. To the right is a second passage with a door on the left wall. It might lead into the guard's room. (The story lines will start identical, but will change as you make decisions).

Raispeed55
Raispeed55
257 posts

Speed:9
---
Weapons:

(Can I meet other players?)

I walk,touching the right wall and ducking under the window.I continue through the hallway,without looking at the guard's room.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts

---
Inventory: Guard's key set
Weapons:
(Oh right, forgot to put keys in inventory.)
Obviously, the guards are armed. I'm going to need some protection, some equipment, maybe a heavy nightstick...so I peak in the window of the Guard Station. If there's any guards in there, I knock on the door and say "My shift's up, nothing unusual to report. your turn." and hope the guard nods. If he sees through me, i'll kick him in the balls so many times...
If there's no guards, I just walk in and take whatever looks good.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,849 posts

Speed:9
---
Inventory:Guard's key set (just changing the name. Different kinds of keys may appear)
Weapons:

(No. It's a single-player story.)

The door at the end of the hall is locked as well. However, instead of a keyhole, it has a slot for an ID card with a blinking red light. It has a bulletproof window, showing another concrete hallway. The lights are brighter and the hallway looks cleaner, although the door is a bit dingy.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,849 posts

---
Weapons:

(It doesn't quite work like that. I give you options, you make choices, then I give you results. Don't make me choose a path for you!)

(I will help you out this time, though. For the record, you look nothing like a healthy, well-fed guard, and the guards might not speak English. Be careful what you assume).

You walk up to the window, press yourself against the wall and peek slowly into the window. A guard is sitting in a wooden chair, looking bored. He has an intercom speaker and headset, meaning that the glass is probably bulletproof. Behind him are a few lockers, a bench, and some spare uniforms. At the end of the hallway, past the guard, is another locked door, but it looks newer. An ID card slot is beside it with a blinking red light.

ArgamenPhish
ArgamenPhish
737 posts

Name: Argamen Phish
Class Hand-To-Hand
Bio: I was a paramedic before I was convicted. You ask what got me in here. Well that's a long story I don't want to go into. But lets just say I got to that ****ed drunk driver first and he wasn't injured when I got to him...
Speed:5(+5)
Strength:2
Instinct:3
---
Inventory:
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:

Stealth

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,849 posts

Name: Argamen Phish
Class Hand-To-Hand
Bio: I was a paramedic before I was convicted. You ask what got me in here. Well that's a long story I don't want to go into. But lets just say I got to that drunk driver first and he wasn't injured when I got to him...
Speed:10
Strength:2
---
Inventory:
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:

(Wow, everyone is Stealth on H2H. Bear in mind that you may not come across more advanced weapons, and you won't be killing as many guards, since you won't have backup, but you'll have fun all the same).

The soldier nods and tosses you the guard's key ring. "I don't think he has anything else, but you can search him yourself if you want. Otherwise, go."

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts

---
Weapons:
(Alright, thanks for explaining. I'll be clearer from now on.)

Doesn't seem to be any important stuff in there, but I check my uniform for an ID card. If I have it, i'm definitely going through that locked door. I crawl under the guard station window just in case so the guard won't see me.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,849 posts

Speed: 10 (Just adding the points together, no big deal)
---
Weapons:

After closer inspection, you find an ID card in a small pocket inside the guard's jacket. You slide it quickly through the scanner. You hear a click and the light turns green. Suddenly you hear footsteps outside the hall. Looking around, you see that the corner on your right is dark from a missing light bulb, although you have only two feet of space between the edge of the door and the wall.

Raispeed55
Raispeed55
257 posts

---
Weapons:

I walk to the guard's room door and wait at the side of the door opposite to the doorknob,so that if someone opened it he/she would not be able to see me.I wait at that side until the door opens and closes.I then jump at the person who opened it and break his/her neck metal gear style.I then get ready to punch more people that come through the door.If there are none I walk in and search for the card.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,849 posts

---
Weapons:

(Too many steps! You don't know how many guards are in the room, or if any are. You can't automatically assume what will happen, i.e. the guard leaves the guard station out of nowhere. Also, I don't think "metal gear style" is necessary, just stick with snapping necks or choke holds).

(Be aware of your surroundings. Check for cameras. Don't do loud things if you risk getting caught, such as kicking in the door to another room with guards in it while unarmed. Remember your class type, and remember the three soldiers that are planning to storm the hallway!)

You wait beside the door, but nothing happens. The door is locked, but you have the keys. You carefully unlock the door, then ease it open and sneak in. You see a very bored guard sitting at a desk with an intercom and headset looking out the window. On the wall and floor around you are spare uniforms, lockers and a bench. A small weapons rack is directly beside the door, but it only contains an AK-47 (One magazine) and a slim combat knife.

Raispeed55
Raispeed55
257 posts

---
Weapons:

(Oops.)
I step outside and hope this works,as it is very risky.I step outside and go to the opposite side of the doorknob on the door and jog in place,but each step becoming quieter and quieter to stimulate someone running away.I wait for him to speak through the intercom if he does,and wait for him to come out.If he doesn't come out after 5 minutes I jog in place again.Once he comes out I snap his neck.

Showing 1-15 of 261