ForumsForum GamesStrike or Stealth (RPG)

261 18825
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

Note: This is a basic fight, loot, inventory RPG. No magic, no superpowers, no unnecessary stats. Find a gun, kick some butt and survive. If you want a good, simple conflict RPG, this is it.

It's been five month since you've seen sunlight. Your cell is concrete top to bottom with a single barred door and a barred window facing another cell. There are three others, soldiers like you, and they're dying as slowly as you are. All you know is your name, your life and your remaining strength.

For weeks the guards have ignored you. They have provided you with food twice a day and have buried six men, all previous members of your team. They are armed and have never made a mistake. Until today. One of the men faked his death, and the guard was foolish enough to leave the door open when he went to drag him out. He was strangled and his keys and guns were stolen. The prisoner unlocks your cell and speaks theses words:

"We escape this hole today. You can join the three of us and we can shoot our way out, or you can go alone. I will not harm you, but if you come with us, I will give you a gun. So. Strike, or stealth?"

You respond with a single word.
Strike or Stealth:
------

Name:
Class: (Hand-To-Hand, Soldier, Sniper. More information below)
Bio: (Optional. Two or three sentences will be fine)

Distribute 10 pts between these three stats:
Speed:
Strength:
Instinct:
---
Inventory:
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:

NOTE: Each class holds a bonus.
H2H (hand-to-hand): +5 Speed, Close-range Weapon Skill (knives, pistols, etc)
Soldier: +5 Strength, Medium-range Weapon Skill (rifles, submachine guns, etc)
Sniper: +5 Instinct, Long-range Weapon Skill (sniper rifles, compound bows/crossbows, etc)

The "Weapons Skill" increases your ability to use each weapon. A H2H would have difficulty handling a launcher, while a Soldier would have difficulty throwing a large knife. Your skill will improve over time.

---

STRIKE: The soldier in front of you nods and hands you a weapon from the guard. "He was carrying an AK-47, a Makarov pistol, and a combat knife. "Which of these can you use best?"

STEALTH: The soldier in front of you nods. "The hallway has only one exit. The guards could be anywhere, and we do not have much time before they come looking for this one. I will give you five minutes. You can take the keys he was carrying."

• 261 Replies
PwnajLeadah981
PwnajLeadah981
576 posts
Peasant

Name: Zera Masamuno
Class: Hand-To-Hand

Speed: 7
Strength: 4
Instinct: 4
---
Clothing: Guard Uniform
Inventory: ID card (2), Guard's key set, lighter, deck of cards
Weapons: Combat knife (2)
Weapon Skill: Short-range

The other men look impressed. "Well," Yakov says "we have nothing between us and the way out now. It would seem the only escape is the staircase."

Lupe stops and looks to the right. "That door. We didn't check there yet."

Adam shrugs. "It's a supply closet. A mop, a few body bags, whatever. Not worth our time. Come on, lets move!"

You consider you choices. You can't abandon your team. You have very little time before guards arrive. You can leave this floor and go up the stairs or you can check the unmarked door.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I check the unmarked door. Who knows, maybe it has some swords that I could use. (I'm waaaaaaaay into swords) Plus, if I get caught, I could just pretend I'm a guard.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts
Blacksmith

Name: Brian "Black-belt" Smith
Class: Hand-to-hand
Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
Speed: 10
Strength: 5
Instinct: 5
---
Clothing: Black-Tac Uniform
Inventory: Thin Steel Wire, MP5K Magazine (2) ,G11 Semiautomatic pistol Magazine (2),Smoke Grenade (1), Steel choke cable with handles (1) Small Tactical flashlight (1)
Weapons: MP5K, 25 rnd (Silenced) (Red Dot sight) (Sling)
G11 Semiautomatic pistol, 12 rnd (Silenced) (Laser)
Weapon Skill: Close Range

Agghh, so white...I check out the punchcard table; maybe there's something important on it.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

Name:Jacobi von Haven
Class: Sniper
Bio: Jacobi was a Russian heir, before he joined the army, he was disowned by his father, and didn't even make the army, instead, when they saw how accurate he was, they shipped him to a special stealth squad.

Speed:4
Strength:3
Instinct:10
---
Clothing: Black Tac uniform, Infrared Night Vision Goggles
Inventory: ID card, HK Magazine 10/10(2),Snake Cam and eyepiece, lighter, small 2-foot length of steel wire, electrical tape, USP 45 magazine 10/10(1)
Weapons:USP 45 handgun, 8/10(Silenced) (Laser), HK SL9SD Semi-Automatic sniper rifle 10/10(Silenced)(3-9x40 Scope)
Choke Cable with handles
Weapon Skill: Long-range

You look up at the ceiling and see that the lights are hidden in the ceiling behind different panels. It would take an entire magazine to shoot them out. However the room ahead is dark enough for the goggles to be effective. You flip them down over your eyes and click them on.

The room turns red. You can clearly see the guards. Neither of them, as far as you can see, have a gun. There must be a rack somewhere. You look up and immediately see two thin infrared lasers pointing at the center of the room from the left and right sides of the room. Your instinct again becomes resourceful and you are able to identify where the two cameras are. Since this appears to be the radio/control room, the camera are probably feeding directly to it.

----------------

---

You walk over and open the door. It is indeed a supply closet/break room. You see several cabinets on the wall, plus a table with a map and a small gun rack. It's big enough to hold several people. There is also a ham sandwich, wrapped in cellophane.

Lupe looks towards the stairs. "Guards are coming. Four, at least."

-------------

Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
---
Inventory: Thin Steel Wire, MP5K Magazine (2) ,G11 Semiautomatic pistol Magazine (2),Smoke Grenade (1), Steel choke cable with handles (1) Small Tactical flashlight (1)

You walk over and inspect the punchcard table. It's nothing more than a box on the road and a ledger. Guards are required to put their names on it when they're on duty, along with their check-in and -out times. You ignore their names and focus on the times. The last two guards checked in at 10 AM. That would be the two you met (and killed) on the stairs. They were scheduled to check out at 12 (noon). You realized that the other two guards, the office guard and the food guard, were supposed to check out by now. It won't be long before they're missed.

You put yourback to the wall and move up to the door. It's a set of doors, swinging open to let two people in side-by-side. The top half of them are tinted windows. On the wall, to the right of the doors, is a familiar sight: an ID Card reader. Through the window you see a guard standing to the right of the door, facing the opposite wall.

ArgamenPhish
ArgamenPhish
737 posts
Peasant

Name: Argamen Phish
Class Hand-To-Hand
Bio: I was a paramedic before I was convicted. You ask what got me in here. Well that's a long story I don't want to go into. But lets just say I got to that drunk driver first and he wasn't injured when I got to him...
Speed:10
Strength: 2
Instinct: 3
---
Clothing: Black Tac uniform
Inventory: ID Card, Tactical Flashlight, Pack of Playing Cards
Weapons: AK-47, Makarov pistol, G11 pistol, AK-47 Magazine, two Makarov pistol Magazines, two G11 Magazines, Smoke Grenade, Combat Knife
Weapons Skill: Close-range

(*facepalm*)

You lift the plastic lid and hit the red alarm button. Nothing changes. The alarm and red lights are still active. You appear to have triggered the alarm again.

The "Home" door slides open and twelve guards rush into the room. They see you and Adam and lock on. Six of them leave, taking the door you just entered the room through. The other six aim AK-47s, Makarovs and a Striker semi-automatic shotgun at you. Adam has his AUG assault rifle up and aimed at the group. You have an ID card in one hand and the other over the red alarm button.
---------------------------------------------
.......Crap
....Um
..............I try to pull out and throw my smoke grenade while diving away from there away.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

-To all-
Due to unfortunate circumstances (I wasn't accepted to a 4-year University and my father is flaming mad), I will probably not be on Armor Games for a while, or very rarely. Regardless, I WILL be back to finish this RPG. The rest of it has already been planned, and I am working on a second, more advanced, RPG, titled "Strike or Stealth: Vengeance" (a continuation? You bet). I will be taking suggestions and reviews from everyone that completes Strike or Stealth. I will also set it up so that new players can join without being confused (yeah, I'm that good), but you'll get a nice bonus for completing Strike or Stealth first.

With that, goodbye Armor Games. For now. Keep your eyes open, because Strike or Stealth WILL. BE. BACK.

-Matt

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts
Blacksmith

Pity. Oh well, i'll still post and wait for you to get back.
---

I swipe the stolen guard's ID card, and for good measure, I forge his signiture on the punchcard table, along with every other guard due at noon. I take my time with the signitures, making sure no one but a professional stenographer could detect the forgery. That should delay the inevitable alarm...after that I walk into the next room.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

Class Hand-To-Hand
Bio: I was a paramedic before I was convicted. You ask what got me in here. Well that's a long story I don't want to go into. But lets just say I got to that drunk driver first and he wasn't injured when I got to him...
---
Weapons: AK-47, Makarov pistol, G17 pistol, AK-47 Magazine, two Makarov pistol Magazines, two G17 Magazines, Smoke Grenade, Combat Knife

(Why the CRAP did you push a red button?!)

You try to reach for the grenade, but a guard aims his bayonet at you. You and Adam are forced back against a wall.

Through the door you hear gunfire. The other guards donât even flinch. You realize who the other six guards are shooting at. If you reach for a gun, youâre dead. If you surrender, the guards will kill you or throw you back in prison (essentially, I can restart the game for you right now, only with one surviving prisoner instead of four).

Out of the corner of your eye you see a movement at the door. Itâs Yakov! Heâs watching you and the guards. You avoid eye contact and raise your hands slowly. Adam lowers his weapon and does the same. One of the guards says âCuff them.â Two approach you with steel handcuffs and grab your arms.

The door, the one you used to enter the room, explodes, throwing you and everyone else onto the floor.

-------------
---
Inventory: Thin Steel Wire, MP5K Magazine (2) ,G17 Semiautomatic pistol Magazine (2),Smoke Grenade (1), Steel choke cable with handles (1) Small Tactical flashlight (1)
G17 Semiautomatic pistol, 12 rnd (Silenced) (Laser)

You slide the ID card through the reader, unlocking the doors. They slide open and you step through, directly beside the guard. He sees you, panics and reaches behind him. Being much faster than him, you draw your G17 (I used the wrong number for the pistol) and kill him. Behind the guard, on the wall beside the door, was a red button with a yellow â!â in the center. It is covered by a plastic case on a hinge. Fortunate that you have speed on your side.

You are in a hexagon-shaped room. The opposite wall has a set of stainless-steel doors with a control panel of some kind behind them. Above the doors is the letter âGâ. On both walls connected to that wall are white ID-card doors, identical to each other. On the last two walls, connecting the door walls to the Stairs room, are two identical windows. They resemble castle arrow slots, being three feet tall but only 2 inches wide. There is nothing else in the room besides the white lights hidden in the ceiling tiles.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts
Blacksmith

---
Inventory: Thin Steel Wire, MP5K Magazine (2) ,G17 Semiautomatic pistol Magazine (2),Smoke Grenade (1), Steel choke cable with handles (1) Small Tactical flashlight (1)

Obviously, that red button is an alarm. What about that "G" room? G could stand for guard...eh. I make my way to the control panels there and study them.

ArgamenPhish
ArgamenPhish
737 posts
Peasant

Class Hand-To-Hand
---
Weapons: AK-47, Makarov pistol, G17 pistol, AK-47 Magazine, two Makarov pistol Magazines, two G17 Magazines, Smoke Grenade, Combat Knife

Idk I'm an idiot. I reach for the smoke grenade pull the pin and throw it .

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

---

You approach the stainless-steel doors. You can see your reflection in them. You can now see above the door that, instead of "G", it says [G 1 2], with the G light up from behind. Beside the doors is a small panel with a button and a keypad. The button has an arrow on it, pointing up. The keypad says "Confirm Identity" but, instead of the card slot, you see a blue square. a thumbprint reader.

(You should have figure out what it is by now. Ooh, but no ID card slot this time).

----------------

Class Hand-To-Hand
---

You cough and find yourself splattered with concrete dust and blood, though you don't feel any pain. Hopefully it isn't yours. You reach into a vet pocket, grab the smoke grenade and slam it into the floor. Adam sees the grenade and jumps up, then grab you under the shoulder and jerks you to your feet. He points to Yakov, who is holding a frag grenade in each hand. "Back through here! Now!"

ArgamenPhish
ArgamenPhish
737 posts
Peasant

Class Hand-To-Hand
---

I follow him toward Yakov. Once through the door I ready my G17.

PwnajLeadah981
PwnajLeadah981
576 posts
Peasant

---

You walk over and open the door. It is indeed a supply closet/break room. You see several cabinets on the wall, plus a table with a map and a small gun rack. It's big enough to hold several people. There is also a ham sandwich, wrapped in cellophane.

Lupe looks towards the stairs. "Guards are coming. Four, at least."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I take the map, sandwich, and a gun from the rack that's good in short range.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts
Blacksmith

---

Ah, crap. a biometric scanner. Hmmm...oh! I rush back to the nearest dead guard, wherever he may be...once i'm there, I sever his hand at the wrist with a few silenced shots from my G17. Once i've got his hand, I move back to the scanner and use the severed guard's hand on it. (now THAT's clever.)

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,865 posts
Bard

Class Hand-To-Hand
---

Yakov grabs you and Adam and forces you through the doorframe. He pulls both pins out of the frags with his teeth, then throws them into the smoke. He twists around behind the wall and nods towards you. "Cover your ears."

----------------

---

You eat the sandwich in front of the other (jerk). You can't take the map. It's too big and taped to the table. It's posted on Page 6, at the bottom (check it out).

The weapons rack is pathetically understocked. It has a scoped AK-47, an empty Makarov and another knife.

Lupe suddenly turns and says "I think there's something here...something we're missing. Instinct."

Adam puts his ear against the door. "Seven guards. I say we take them now."

--------------------------

---

The only dead guard is the one you shot to enter the room. As you turn around to check him, you notice that the door you came through has a blue icon over it of a set of stairs. You take note of it.

In a very disturbing manner, you sever the dead guard's hand from the rest of him. You take it over to the bio scanner and place the thumb on the screen. A blue laser passes over the screen, pauses, then a robotic female voice says "Access denied." Under the thumb is a scan of the thumb, outlined in dark blue and purple. Apparently...(wait for it)...the scan requires a heat signature. A living person has to be attached to the hand.

You turn to look at the other four walls (the room is a hexagon shape, as you recall). Two have arrow slit windows (connected to the Stairs door), and the other two have identical doors with ID card slots. (There is a map of the floor).

PwnajLeadah981
PwnajLeadah981
576 posts
Peasant

And you mistook my sheet for?

---

You eat the sandwich in front of the other (jerk). You can't take the map. It's too big and taped to the table. It's posted on Page 6, at the bottom (check it out).

The weapons rack is pathetically understocked. It has a scoped AK-47, an empty Makarov and another knife.

Lupe suddenly turns and says "I think there's something here...something we're missing. Instinct."

Adam puts his ear against the door. "Seven guards. I say we take them now."
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I take the empty Makarov and the knife. We take the guards head on.

Showing 151-165 of 261