ForumsForum GamesStrike or Stealth (RPG)

261 18549
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,747 posts

Note: This is a basic fight, loot, inventory RPG. No magic, no superpowers, no unnecessary stats. Find a gun, kick some butt and survive. If you want a good, simple conflict RPG, this is it.

It's been five month since you've seen sunlight. Your cell is concrete top to bottom with a single barred door and a barred window facing another cell. There are three others, soldiers like you, and they're dying as slowly as you are. All you know is your name, your life and your remaining strength.

For weeks the guards have ignored you. They have provided you with food twice a day and have buried six men, all previous members of your team. They are armed and have never made a mistake. Until today. One of the men faked his death, and the guard was foolish enough to leave the door open when he went to drag him out. He was strangled and his keys and guns were stolen. The prisoner unlocks your cell and speaks theses words:

"We escape this hole today. You can join the three of us and we can shoot our way out, or you can go alone. I will not harm you, but if you come with us, I will give you a gun. So. Strike, or stealth?"

You respond with a single word.
Strike or Stealth:
------

Name:
Class: (Hand-To-Hand, Soldier, Sniper. More information below)
Bio: (Optional. Two or three sentences will be fine)

Distribute 10 pts between these three stats:
Speed:
Strength:
Instinct:
---
Inventory:
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:

NOTE: Each class holds a bonus.
H2H (hand-to-hand): +5 Speed, Close-range Weapon Skill (knives, pistols, etc)
Soldier: +5 Strength, Medium-range Weapon Skill (rifles, submachine guns, etc)
Sniper: +5 Instinct, Long-range Weapon Skill (sniper rifles, compound bows/crossbows, etc)

The "Weapons Skill" increases your ability to use each weapon. A H2H would have difficulty handling a launcher, while a Soldier would have difficulty throwing a large knife. Your skill will improve over time.

---

STRIKE: The soldier in front of you nods and hands you a weapon from the guard. "He was carrying an AK-47, a Makarov pistol, and a combat knife. "Which of these can you use best?"

STEALTH: The soldier in front of you nods. "The hallway has only one exit. The guards could be anywhere, and we do not have much time before they come looking for this one. I will give you five minutes. You can take the keys he was carrying."

• 261 Replies
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,747 posts

Name: Zera Masamuno
Class: Hand-To-Hand

Speed: 7
Strength: 4
Instinct: 4
---
Clothing: Guard Uniform
Inventory: ID card (2), Guard's key set, lighter, deck of cards
Weapons: Combat knife (3)
Weapon Skill: Short-range

(Copy/paste error. I'll post his again).

(You are carrying three knives and an unloaded pistol, and you're going to rush seven armed guards?)

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,747 posts

Name: Brian "Black-belt" Smith
Class: Hand-to-hand
Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
Speed: 10
Strength: 5
Instinct: 5
---
Clothing: Black-Tac Uniform
Inventory: Thin Steel Wire, MP5K Magazine (2) ,G17 Semiautomatic pistol Magazine (2),Smoke Grenade (1), Steel choke cable with handles (1) Small Tactical flashlight (1)
Weapons: MP5K, 25 rnd (Silenced) (Red Dot sight) (Sling)
G17 Semiautomatic pistol, 12 rnd (Silenced) (Laser)
Weapon Skill: Close Range

The only dead guard is the one you shot to enter the room. As you turn around to check him, you notice that the door you came through has a blue icon over it of a set of stairs. You take note of it.

In a very disturbing manner, you sever the dead guard's hand from the rest of him. You take it over to the bio scanner and place the thumb on the screen. A blue laser passes over the screen, pauses, then a robotic female voice says "Access denied." Under the thumb is a scan of the thumb, outlined in dark blue and purple. Apparently...(wait for it)...the scan requires a heat signature. A living person has to be attached to the hand.

You turn to look at the other four walls (the room is a hexagon shape, as you recall). Two have arrow slit windows (connected to the Stairs door), and the other two have identical doors with ID card slots. (A map of the floor does exist and can be found).

ArgamenPhish
ArgamenPhish
737 posts

Name: Argamen Phish
Class Hand-To-Hand
Bio: I was a paramedic before I was convicted. You ask what got me in here. Well that's a long story I don't want to go into. But lets just say I got to that drunk driver first and he wasn't injured when I got to him...
Speed:10
Strength: 2
Instinct: 3
---
Clothing: Black Tac uniform
Inventory: ID Card, Tactical Flashlight, Pack of Playing Cards
Weapons: AK-47, Makarov pistol, G17 pistol, AK-47 Magazine, two Makarov pistol Magazines, two G17 Magazines, Smoke Grenade, Combat Knife
Weapons Skill: Close-range

i cover my ears and wait for the explosion. After it I get my G17 loaded and ready.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts

Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
---
Inventory: Thin Steel Wire, MP5K Magazine (2) ,G17 Semiautomatic pistol Magazine (2),Smoke Grenade (1), Steel choke cable with handles (1) Small Tactical flashlight (1)

Darn it. Hmm, the Map for this floor is probably behind this annoying door. I'm going to need a living or freshly dead guard. I walk over to the nearest ID door and swipe my card through it.

PwnajLeadah981
PwnajLeadah981
576 posts

---
Weapons: Combat knife (3), Empty Makarov

(Copy/paste error. I'll post his again).

(You are carrying three knives and an unloaded pistol, and you're going to rush seven armed guards?)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Fine. I take the scoped AK-47.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,747 posts

Class Hand-To-Hand
Bio: I was a paramedic before I was convicted. You ask what got me in here. Well that's a long story I don't want to go into. But lets just say I got to that drunk driver first and he wasn't injured when I got to him...
---
Weapons: AK-47, Makarov pistol, G17 pistol, AK-47 Magazine, two Makarov pistol Magazines, two G17 Magazines, Smoke Grenade, Combat Knife

The frags explode, making a massive cloud of concrete dust and debris. Adam slides a thick, short scope onto his rifle and leans around the corner. He takes several shots, then waits. âClearâ

The cloud slowly vanishes and you see the room again, only badly damaged and extremely gory. The door with the blue House symbol above the door is ahead, and on the right is another ID card door with a window.

Yakov taps you on the shoulder. âWe handled the other guards. Through that other door is another room exactly as this one, except that the other door has a Radio Antenna symbol above the door. We didnât get a chance to look inside.â

----------------

---

You can go either to the right or to the left. Both doors are identical. Through each window is another room identical to the one you are in, only the symbols above the doors are different. Yours is a set of Stairs. The other two you canât quite see.

(You're going to enjoy this floor, I believe. It's going to be a lot less confusing once you pick up the map).
+1 Instinct for doing something clever I hadn't anticipated (cutting off a guard's hand).

---------------
---
Weapons: Combat knife (3), Makarov (unloaded), AK-47 (Scoped)
You grab the scoped AK-47 from the rack. It only has one magazine. You nod, and Adam kicks the door open and you jump into the hall.

There are six guards in a row, with a seventh walking back and forth screaming at them. Adam kills him and another guard. Yakov kills a second and a third, and you kill two more. Lupe shoots the last one.
+2 Strength

In front of you are the stairs leading up to the second level. Each dead guard has an AK-47, an AK-47 Magazine (30) and a Makarov pistol.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts

---
Thanks for the +1 Instinct.
Alright, I'll take the left side first. I want the map. I also wanna find the others and tell them about the cache back down in B1.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,747 posts

---

(This is an NC, or Non-Contact. You're the only person in this RPG. No other player interaction. And they can figure it out on their own. I gave everyone hints).

You choose the door on the left by sliding the ID card through the reader. The light turns green and clicks and the door slides open silently.

You are facing a room identical to the one you are in. Shaped like a hexagon, with two identical doors and a third door. You are standing in one of those doors. The difference is that, instead of the stainless steel doors, there is a blank wall. The symbol above the other door appears to be a House shape. It somehow corresponds to the room beyond.

There is a guard stationed at the House door. Behind him, you can make out another red button. The guard turns, then does a double-take and reaches for his AK-47 and swings the butt of it towards the red button.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts

---

(No no no, I mean the three other guys, the prisoners you could go with if you chose Strike.)

Oh crap, can't let him touch that button! I bring up my MP5K. Wait, I need the guard alive, so I shoot his shoulders to make him drop the AK before it touches the button.

ArgamenPhish
ArgamenPhish
737 posts

Class Hand-To-Hand
---

"How about we go over and check that room first. Thank you guys by the way."

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,747 posts

---

(Oh).

You shoot the guard in the shoulder, causing him to drop his gun. He winces, but before he can yell for help (allow me) you rush to him and choke him unconcious with the choke cable.
+1 Speed for being very fast.
The guard collapses, but is still breathing. He missed the red button by an inch.

-------------

Class Hand-To-Hand
---

"Very well. We will show you the room."

Yakov leads you and the others to the opposite door, which he opens with an ID card. Inside is an identical room to the other two. Six dead guards are on the floor. As you enter, the lights switch back to white and the alarm stops. Yakov points towards the door.

"He hit the panic button. I did not see it until it was too late."

The door in this room has a Radio Tower icon above the door and another door identical to the one you just used. The guard beside the Radio Tower door is also dead.

ArgamenPhish
ArgamenPhish
737 posts

Class Hand-To-Hand
---

"Lets go in here maybe we can find some more information about this place."

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts

---

I need this guard alive for the scanner, but I wanna look around first. I leave him for now and walk through the door he was guarding. Wonder what's behind it?

thepwner23456787
thepwner23456787
236 posts

Name:Jacobi von Haven
Class: Sniper
Bio: Jacobi was a Russian heir, before he joined the army, he was disowned by his father, and didn't even make the army, instead, when they saw how accurate he was, they shipped him to a special stealth squad.

Speed:4
Strength:3
Instinct:10
---
Clothing: Black Tac uniform, Infrared Night Vision Goggles
Inventory: ID card, HK Magazine 10/10(2),Snake Cam and eyepiece, lighter, small 2-foot length of steel wire, electrical tape, USP 45 magazine 10/10(1)
Weapons:USP 45 handgun, 6/10(Silenced) (Laser), HK SL9SD Semi-Automatic sniper rifle 10/10(Silenced)(3-9x40 Scope)
Choke Cable with handles
Weapon Skill: Long-range

I swipe my card and step in and shoot both guards, then examine the monitors.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,747 posts

Class Hand-To-Hand
---

You swipe the ID card and the door clicks, then slides open. The room is wide and somewhat dark. There appear to be several computer monitors, glowing white and blue, along with some bulky computers, cables, etc. The room seems to drop down in the center of it via a short set of stairs, where a large iron tower extends up past the ceiling. Two empty swivel chairs are beside the monitors with two headsets sitting on them. One of them is spinning slowlyâ¦

--------------------------

Instinct: 6
---

You swipe the ID card and the door slides silently open. You have reached some kind of tiny holding area. Ahead is a set of double doors that swing open. Two large, thick windows are in the top of them. The room you are in is only 6 feet wide and 4 feet long. You notice a punch card table on the wall. It seems very familiar.

---------------------

Name:Jacobi von Haven
Class: Sniper
Bio: Jacobi was a Russian heir, before he joined the army, he was disowned by his father, and didn't even make the army, instead, when they saw how accurate he was, they shipped him to a special stealth squad.
Speed:4
Strength:3
Instinct: Extreme
---
Clothing: Black Tac uniform, Infrared Night Vision Goggles
Inventory: ID card, HK Magazine 10/10(2),Snake Cam and eyepiece, lighter, small 2-foot length of steel wire, electrical tape, USP 45 magazine 10/10(1)
Weapons:USP 45 handgun, 6/10(Silenced) (Laser), HK SL9SD Semi-Automatic sniper rifle 10/10(Silenced)(3-9x40 Scope)
Choke Cable with handles
Weapon Skill: Long-range
The guards drop. You step into the room and walk slowly towards the monitors. They show video feeds of three rooms. One is the room you are standing in. You see two live images of yourself on the screen. Beside it is a Radio Tower symbol. Another shows a very familiar guard office containing a dead guard. Beside it is a Stairs symbol. The third is an unfamiliar room containing several rows of guards on small beds, along with a set of sinks and lockers. Beside it is a House symbol.

Another monitor shows a long line of codes and commands. None of them are familiar to you. One shows a list of guard names. The computer guards were wearing headsets, which were connected to a small intercom system. For safety, you switch it off.

The radio tower in the center of the room is thick, surrounded by a round bulletproof-glass cylinder. It clearly continues up and above the room. You seem to have earned a serious advantage by clearing this room.
+1 Instinct

BONUS: Your Stat (Instinct) has exceeded 10 points. You now have Extreme Instinct. You sense danger from different rooms, can anticipate guard locations and will better understand technology.

Showing 166-180 of 261