ForumsForum GamesStrike or Stealth (RPG)

261 18538
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,746 posts

Note: This is a basic fight, loot, inventory RPG. No magic, no superpowers, no unnecessary stats. Find a gun, kick some butt and survive. If you want a good, simple conflict RPG, this is it.

It's been five month since you've seen sunlight. Your cell is concrete top to bottom with a single barred door and a barred window facing another cell. There are three others, soldiers like you, and they're dying as slowly as you are. All you know is your name, your life and your remaining strength.

For weeks the guards have ignored you. They have provided you with food twice a day and have buried six men, all previous members of your team. They are armed and have never made a mistake. Until today. One of the men faked his death, and the guard was foolish enough to leave the door open when he went to drag him out. He was strangled and his keys and guns were stolen. The prisoner unlocks your cell and speaks theses words:

"We escape this hole today. You can join the three of us and we can shoot our way out, or you can go alone. I will not harm you, but if you come with us, I will give you a gun. So. Strike, or stealth?"

You respond with a single word.
Strike or Stealth:
------

Name:
Class: (Hand-To-Hand, Soldier, Sniper. More information below)
Bio: (Optional. Two or three sentences will be fine)

Distribute 10 pts between these three stats:
Speed:
Strength:
Instinct:
---
Inventory:
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:

NOTE: Each class holds a bonus.
H2H (hand-to-hand): +5 Speed, Close-range Weapon Skill (knives, pistols, etc)
Soldier: +5 Strength, Medium-range Weapon Skill (rifles, submachine guns, etc)
Sniper: +5 Instinct, Long-range Weapon Skill (sniper rifles, compound bows/crossbows, etc)

The "Weapons Skill" increases your ability to use each weapon. A H2H would have difficulty handling a launcher, while a Soldier would have difficulty throwing a large knife. Your skill will improve over time.

---

STRIKE: The soldier in front of you nods and hands you a weapon from the guard. "He was carrying an AK-47, a Makarov pistol, and a combat knife. "Which of these can you use best?"

STEALTH: The soldier in front of you nods. "The hallway has only one exit. The guards could be anywhere, and we do not have much time before they come looking for this one. I will give you five minutes. You can take the keys he was carrying."

• 261 Replies
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,746 posts

Name:Narazumono Hayasa.
Class: Hand-To-Hand.
Bio:N/A.

Speed:9 (class points, remember? you changed it back to 4. problem solved)
Strength:3.
Instinct:3
---
Inventory:Keys.
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:Close Range.

After doing the "jog in place" tactic and waiting, the guard walks slowly towards the door. You hear him stop, then remember that you left the door open. Confused, he pushes the door all the way open and looks out, facing the main hallway. You lunge forward and break his neck, then catch him before he hits the ground.
+2 Strength

Raispeed55
Raispeed55
257 posts

Speed:9
Strength:3.(+2?)
---
Weapons:
I drag his body to any cabinet I can find,or if none are there,under the desk.I then take the combat knife and look at the window and decide if I can live if I jump out.If I can't,I look for that ID card.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,746 posts

Speed:9
Strength:5
---
Weapons:Throwing knife.

The guard fits quite nicely under the wooden desk. You search him for the ID and find it in a pocket. The window appears to bulletproof, so you'll have to go around.

Choice Menu (I will give you one of these every so often):
a. Check the lockers for Inventory
b. Take a spare guard's uniform
c. Leave the guard's room untouched
d. Other
(You can pick more than one)

ArgamenPhish
ArgamenPhish
737 posts

Name: Argamen Phish
Class Hand-To-Hand
Bio: I was a paramedic before I was convicted. You ask what got me in here. Well that's a long story I don't want to go into. But lets just say I got to that drunk driver first and he wasn't injured when I got to him...
Speed:10
Strength:2
---
Inventory:
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:

The soldier nods and tosses you the guard's key ring. "I don't think he has anything else, but you can search him yourself if you want. Otherwise, go."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I seach the guard. I also strip him and see if his clothes will fit me.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts

Name: Brian "Black-belt" Smith
Class: Hand-to-hand
Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
Speed: 10 (Just adding the points together, no big deal)
Strength: 2
Instinct: 3
---
Inventory: Guard's key set
Weapons:
Weapon Skill: Close Range

I hide inside the door and wait until whoever's walking around steps in front of the door, then pull him into the room and close the door behind me, quickly trying to knock the guy unconcious before taking his weapons.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,746 posts

Name: Argamen Phish
Class Hand-To-Hand
Bio: I was a paramedic before I was convicted. You ask what got me in here. Well that's a long story I don't want to go into. But lets just say I got to that drunk driver first and he wasn't injured when I got to him...
Speed:10
Strength:2
---
[b]Inventory: Guard's key set, ID card[b]
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:

The soldier looks impressed. "We already searched him, but if you find anything else, take it." You find nothing, but, after putting the uniform on, you find an ID card in a small inner pocket (added to Inventory). Only one door leads out of the room, so you use the guard's key ring to unlock the padlock and leave.

You are faced with a wide 10-foot concrete hallway. On the right wall, at the end of it, is a guard window. To your immediate right is a short, empty passage with a door on the left. It might lead into the guard's office.

thepwner23456787
thepwner23456787
236 posts

Name:Jacobi von Haven
Class: Sniper
Bio: Jacobi was a Russian heir, before he joined the army, he was disowned by his father, and didn't even make the army, instead, when they saw how accurate he was, they shipped him to a special stealth squad.

Speed:2
Strength:3
Instinct:10
---
Inventory:
Weapons:
Weapon Skill: Long Range

thepwner23456787
thepwner23456787
236 posts

Sorry for the double post, forgot my choice.
Stealth

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,746 posts

Name: Brian "Black-belt" Smith
Class: Hand-to-hand
Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
Speed: 10 (Just adding the points together, no big deal)
Strength: 2
Instinct: 3
---
Weapons:
Weapon Skill: Close Range

You hide beside the door and wait. A few seconds pass, then the door opens and two guards walk in. You can't take both, so you grab the second one as he passed and choke-hold him until he passes out. The other guard continues down the passage to the Prison Room. You prepare to search him when you hear the Prison Room door smash open and gunfire open, along with someone shouting "He's down! Grab his rifle! We have to get out of here, now!"

(Word or warning: You are still wearing a guard outfit). You have time to
1. Search the guard and be confronted
2. Leave the guard and run through the unlocked ID-card door

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,746 posts

Bio: Jacobi was a Russian heir, before he joined the army, he was disowned by his father, and didn't even make the army, instead, when they saw how accurate he was, they shipped him to a special stealth squad.

Instinct:10 (hey, you did the math. nice)
---
Weapons:

(Finally, a sniper! Three H2H in a row)

The prisoner steps aside, allowing you to leave. The dead guard is still lying on the middle of the ground. There is only a single, padlocked door leaving the room.

thepwner23456787
thepwner23456787
236 posts

Instinct:10 (hey, you did the math. nice)
---
Weapons:

I search the guard, put on his uniform, then search for a secondary exit.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,746 posts

-Message to All-
Keep in mind the title of this game: "Strike or Stealth". If you choose stealth, be aware that there are three other prisoners preparing to break out on their own. You may encounter them later on, and they will be shooting their way out. If you are dressed like a guard, or if you point a gun at them, you might get shot.

-Matt

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,746 posts

---
Weapons:

You find nothing else on the guard, but after putting his uniform on, you find a small inside pocket with an ID card. After a brief search, you find no other exits. The Prison Room is wide and long, with six cells on two of the walls (3 per wall) facing each other, a door at one end and a &quotanic button" and alarm on the other end.

thepwner23456787
thepwner23456787
236 posts

---
Weapons:

I ask the prisoner with a gun,
"Can you handle a thousand guards?"

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,746 posts

---
Weapons:

The soldier looks at you and says "A thousand? I could handle ten thousand if I had the ammunition for them. Time is short, and I do not have enough of it for pointless questions. You get five minutes. Now go."

Showing 16-30 of 261