ForumsForum GamesStrike or Stealth (RPG)

261 18613
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,841 posts

Note: This is a basic fight, loot, inventory RPG. No magic, no superpowers, no unnecessary stats. Find a gun, kick some butt and survive. If you want a good, simple conflict RPG, this is it.

It's been five month since you've seen sunlight. Your cell is concrete top to bottom with a single barred door and a barred window facing another cell. There are three others, soldiers like you, and they're dying as slowly as you are. All you know is your name, your life and your remaining strength.

For weeks the guards have ignored you. They have provided you with food twice a day and have buried six men, all previous members of your team. They are armed and have never made a mistake. Until today. One of the men faked his death, and the guard was foolish enough to leave the door open when he went to drag him out. He was strangled and his keys and guns were stolen. The prisoner unlocks your cell and speaks theses words:

"We escape this hole today. You can join the three of us and we can shoot our way out, or you can go alone. I will not harm you, but if you come with us, I will give you a gun. So. Strike, or stealth?"

You respond with a single word.
Strike or Stealth:
------

Name:
Class: (Hand-To-Hand, Soldier, Sniper. More information below)
Bio: (Optional. Two or three sentences will be fine)

Distribute 10 pts between these three stats:
Speed:
Strength:
Instinct:
---
Inventory:
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:

NOTE: Each class holds a bonus.
H2H (hand-to-hand): +5 Speed, Close-range Weapon Skill (knives, pistols, etc)
Soldier: +5 Strength, Medium-range Weapon Skill (rifles, submachine guns, etc)
Sniper: +5 Instinct, Long-range Weapon Skill (sniper rifles, compound bows/crossbows, etc)

The "Weapons Skill" increases your ability to use each weapon. A H2H would have difficulty handling a launcher, while a Soldier would have difficulty throwing a large knife. Your skill will improve over time.

---

STRIKE: The soldier in front of you nods and hands you a weapon from the guard. "He was carrying an AK-47, a Makarov pistol, and a combat knife. "Which of these can you use best?"

STEALTH: The soldier in front of you nods. "The hallway has only one exit. The guards could be anywhere, and we do not have much time before they come looking for this one. I will give you five minutes. You can take the keys he was carrying."

• 261 Replies
MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,841 posts

Name: Argamen Phish
Class Hand-To-Hand
Bio: I was a paramedic before I was convicted. You ask what got me in here. Well that's a long story I don't want to go into. But lets just say I got to that drunk driver first and he wasn't injured when I got to him...
Speed:10
Strength:2
Instinct:3
---
Inventory: Guard's key set, ID card
Weapons:
Weapon Skill:Close-range

The wooden table isn't bolted to the floor, so you have no trouble sliding it to the door. It won't hold for very long, but it will give you some time to make a decision. The weapons rack is pathetic, but it does have an AK-47, a spare magazine (30) and a combat knife. The room also contains a few lockers, a bench and the intercom, which fell on the floor as you moved the table.

You hear the guard outside grab his key ring and unlock the door.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts

Name: Brian "Black-belt" Smith
Class: Hand-to-hand
Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
Speed: 10
Strength: 2
Instinct: 3
---
Inventory: Guard's key set, Thin Steel Wire
Weapons: AK-47 (Silenced) (Scoped) (30/30), Home-made spear
Weapon Skill: Close Range

Mmm, sandwich, good. Combat knife, even better! I'll take that, try and pry off the scope off the AK-47 and work it onto the Silenced one I already have, then look at the mop. Just a sec. First, I try to jiggle the lock in the back with the thin steel wire for a few minutes. Hopefully that'll open.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,841 posts

Bio: Brian used to be a master of martial-arts before he was thrown in here. Obviously, he's great at close-range fighting, but despises guns for their over-powerness.
Strength: 3
---

(You're getting clever. You used electrical tape, a mop handle and a combat knife to make a spear? Be careful with that. Remember, this is realistic. "Inventory" isn't a magic pouch of infinite space. It is whatever you can fit in your pockets, a holster or on a rifle sling. And speaking of Inventory, that metal wire doesn't have to be in "Inventory". I think you can figure out where else it could go)

You jiggle the lock, but it's set into the wall, you can't really work with the wire. Looks like you need a key. If only you knew where to find a key.

You try to pry the scope off, but the mounts are metal and won't budge. Instead, you loosed the knobs on the mounts and slide it off (as it was meant to be handled).

(You made this one a little harder than it needed to be).

thepwner23456787
thepwner23456787
236 posts

Name:Jacobi von Haven
Class: Sniper
Bio: Jacobi was a Russian heir, before he joined the army, he was disowned by his father, and didn't even make the army, instead, when they saw how accurate he was, they shipped him to a special stealth squad.

Speed:2
Strength:3
Instinct:10
---
Inventory: Guard's key set, ID card, a spare magazine (7), a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.
Weapons:Makarov Pistol (7/7)
Weapon Skill: Long Range

I smile and say,
"Hey, I'm new here, and I've been at the yard, doing some hand to hand training, I don't know where I am, can you tell me where the armory is?"

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,841 posts

Bio: Jacobi was a Russian heir, before he joined the army, he was disowned by his father, and didn't even make the army, instead, when they saw how accurate he was, they shipped him to a special stealth squad.

---
Inventory: Guard's key set, ID card, a spare magazine (7), a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

The guards make eye contact. One says "You don't know? It's on the next floor, on the..." He stops, then stares at you. "You're not a guard! How did you get a uniform?" He unslings his AK-47 and aims it at you. "Did you kill one of us?"

The other guard rushes in front of him, arms open, to tackle you.

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts

---

(Getting? You've not seen nothing yet in terms of cleverness. Now that I have a spear, I can hack-n-slash...and stab. Lots of things I can do with a spear.)

Hmm. Perhaps the key is in one of those 1-to-6 rooms, so I'll head there, peaking out ever so slowly from my closet to see where the guard is. Once I see him, I wait until his back is to me, then silently sneak up behind him and stab at him with my home-made-spear. Great thing about meleee weapons; they're silent.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,841 posts

---

(You are WAY off this time. The 1-6 are the prisons. The guard is the one who was killed when the game started. You're in the closet, top-right of the map. Also, read your inventory! I'll save you a bunch of time. You HAVE KEYS.)

thepwner23456787
thepwner23456787
236 posts

---

I put the keys in one hand, with one key sticking out,(like a claw)and the Makarov in the other, I then wait for the guard charging to get close, stab him in the eye, then take him in a hostage hold, with the Makarov pointed at his neck, I say,
"Drop it, or he dies, and then you die, I don't think you wish to die."

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,841 posts

---

(Makeshift brass knuckles. Where'd you get that idea? Oh, right, a genius used it before you did).

Your instinct allows you to anticipate the guard's attacks. In only a few seconds you have him in a chokehold with a gun to his head. The other guard pauses, trying to decide what to do. He changes his mind and lines the rifle up with your head. "I would rather just kill you now."

Suddenly, the ID card door clicks. Someone has unlocked it from the other side. The guard turns, momentarily distracted.

thepwner23456787
thepwner23456787
236 posts

---
Weapons:Makarov Pistol (6/7)
(Hey, I didn't even read the other people's before I made that, that is 100% mine)

I quickly shoot the guard with the AK 47 pointed at me in the head then turn towards the door, saying,
"Stay back, or he gets it!"

theEPICgameKING
theEPICgameKING
906 posts

---

Oh duh...well hey, i've been in here for FIVE MONTHS. You can expect a little stupidness from me.
Wait, I have the keys right here! I try each of them on the lock. completely forgot that I had them.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,841 posts

---
(Hey, I didn't even read the other people's before I made that, that is 100% mine)

The door slides open. Much to your relief, it is the three other prisoners. Two have an AK-47 and one has two Makarov. The man who spoke to you when you escaped says "What is this? A guard attacking another guard? Kill them both...no, wait! It is you! I see you have found a gun, then. The guard in the office supplied us with a few more. He won't be needing them."

One of the men pulls out the knife and throws it into the skull of the guard you're holding. "He didn't know anything. Neither did the other one. I'm taking one of these AK's. I found a scope and need a rifle to go with it. Yakov, on you."

The first man nods again. "We're going. Perhaps you will return the favor some day, yes?" The men leave you with the dead guards. They use the stairs, but don't check the unmarked door to the right.

thepwner23456787
thepwner23456787
236 posts

---

I shout to them,
"There's an armory up there!"
I then go to the other door and see what's inside.

ArgamenPhish
ArgamenPhish
737 posts

Class Hand-To-Hand
Bio: I was a paramedic before I was convicted. You ask what got me in here. Well that's a long story I don't want to go into. But lets just say I got to that drunk driver first and he wasn't injured when I got to him...
---
Weapons:

The wooden table isn't bolted to the floor, so you have no trouble sliding it to the door. It won't hold for very long, but it will give you some time to make a decision. The weapons rack is pathetic, but it does have an AK-47, a spare magazine (30) and a combat knife. The room also contains a few lockers, a bench and the intercom, which fell on the floor as you moved the table.

You hear the guard outside grab his key ring and unlock the door.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I take the combat knife and the AK-47 and magazine. I load it so its ready then I go over to the intercom,"Mayday there is a prisoner impersonating a guard trying to break into the guard room. Requesting backup!" I then go over to the door to try and keep him out.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,841 posts

---

After a few tries, you get a key that unlocks the door. The ring only had three keys, and you've just used the third one.

Outside, the ID card door slides open and you hear the feet of the three other prisoners. "Everybody good?" "Hang on, let me clean the knife." "Hurry it up. Nice throw, by the way." You hear them jog up the stairs without checking your closet.

The wall shudders but doesn't move. You push and it slides across the floor on hidden rains. The room is dark and small, but a small switch is on the wall just inside the door. You look down at your feet and see the magazine of an MP5K laying on the ground.

--------------

---

You open the door. It appears to be a supply closet/break room. You click a light switch on the wall and you see a few cabinets, a table with a map on it, and a small weapons rack. You suddenly sense that there's something your missing...a secret room, perhaps.

------------

Class Hand-To-Hand
---
Weapons:

The guard pushes against the door. You know you aren't strong enough to hold him for much longer. Suddenly, out of nowhere, you hear someone say "Hey! Keep the noise down!" A gunshot rings out and the guard's body bangs against the door, then hits the ground. There's a pause, a laugh, then you hear a familiar voice say "Do us a favor and open the door. We need a few more guns before we leave."

Showing 61-75 of 261