ForumsPopular MediaLES MISERABLES!!

24 11235
idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

So who has seen the play/movie/read the book?

I saw the movie the day after it came out. I am in the process of reading the Unabridged(1400 pages) AND the abridged(700 pages) together. I have watched two stage productions and have the soundtrack on my ipod.

Any other superfans out there?

In the movie i didnt like russell crowe as Javert. I did like Hugh Jackman though.

Anne hathaway should receive an oscar for that movie.

• 24 Replies
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I saw it yesterday and since I'm not familiar with the play, I didn't expect them to sing the entire movie. :O
Usually in musicals you have some dialogues between songs.
That was way too much singing for me but the story was good.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

I don't care much for musicals and probably won't see it. But if I happen to get a chance to see it, and the free time allotted, I would probably watch it.

Who was it, Adam Lambert? I don't care much for her but it should be noted that she brought up a valid point. Lambert suggested that since its a musical, that people who can sing should be the stars of the movie.

But as of now, any Tom, ****, or Harry can be produced into an actor or singer. Long gone are the days when real talent existed. That is not a stab at the actors. Its a movie, and bringing in actors is much smarter than bringing in classical singers who have no experience in film.

To the OP, why would you read the abridged version if you are reading the original? That's like watching a movie twice, but the second time over half of it is cut. That's makes no sense.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

The casting wasnt the best. They just picked which big names would bring huge box office sales. I wish they picked the unknown actor/singer who is probably better than the cast to play the major roles.

Its all about money.

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

I think the true meaning and message behind the conflict of Javert vs. Jean Valjean is Spiritual Law vs. Written Law.

When Valjean says "you have done your duty, nothing more", this is made clear.

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I want to see it really bad. But whenever I go to a movie with my family, we have to take my 7-year-old brother along with us, so that movie really isn't an option until DVD. In chorus, we sang a medley of songs from it:

1. At the End of the Day
2. Castle On a Cloud
3. I Dreamed a Dream.
4. Can You Hear the People Sing
5. Bring Him Home

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

seen the play some years ago.
i wasn't impressed.

Showing 16-21 of 24