Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Assassin's Creed III general discussion

Posted Jan 17, '13 at 4:37pm

xNightwish

xNightwish

1,654 posts

Maybe its the stupid protagonist who is in turn making the whole story bad. Let's face it; Connor is by far the worst character in the series. I sometimes couldn't even figure out how was he feeling. In turn, the first playthrough for the story gets worse.

I admit, Conner wasn't a Ezio or Altaïr, he was just a flat character. But a main-character which I do liked was Haytham. He was, for me, far more interesting and a better character than Conner.
But my problem with Haytham is that, like Vaas in Far Cry 3 (another Ubisoft title from 2012, coincidence) that I didn't hate him. I didn't want to murder him, I wanted him to stay alive.

Posted Jan 19, '13 at 7:10am

Doombreed

Doombreed

1,369 posts

But a main-character which I do liked was Haytham. He was, for me, far more interesting and a better character than Conner.
But my problem with Haytham is that, like Vaas in Far Cry 3 (another Ubisoft title from 2012, coincidence) that I didn't hate him. I didn't want to murder him, I wanted him to stay alive.

I agree he was a much better and cooler character. I didn't want him murdered either.

Posted Jan 20, '13 at 11:24pm

Osumnis

Osumnis

1,146 posts

I really hope the next Assassins Creed (if there is one) can step up to the plate. It would be really interesting to see an Assassins Creed in the beginning of early civilizations. But thats just me

I have a feeling that the next Assassin's Creed will take place in the French Revolution, with Connor again. His conversation with Lafayette seemed to be hinting to that. Lafayette also seemed like one of the only guys Connor trusted. The setting has potential, and Connor still has potential. They could have him looking for a new life since everyone he cared about is gone and the manor is thriving. He takes up Lafayette's offer, travels to France, and gets caught up in the Revolution. Plus, they could add a love interest, because he had to be married at some point.

Posted Jan 21, '13 at 1:24am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,856 posts

I want more Middle Ages, without the bloody Crusades. Then, there'd be a lot of assassinations.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 2:16pm

Doombreed

Doombreed

1,369 posts

Am I the only one wanting an Assassin's Creed in the modern day? Besides, I wonder who is going to pop into the Animus.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 2:49pm

unrealtron13

unrealtron13

174 posts

It was almost as good as AC II

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 11:09pm

Vagueshade

Vagueshade

84 posts

Am I the only one wanting an Assassin's Creed in the modern day

That's what I thought ACIII would have in large amounts.

That was a disappointment...

Posted Jan 23, '13 at 7:38am

Doombreed

Doombreed

1,369 posts

That's what I thought ACIII would have in large amounts.

That was a disappointment...

I didn't expect it to have such missions at first but the more I played, the more I wondered. After a point, I wished it had more missions in the modern day world. I was disappointed as well.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 1:17am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,856 posts

I didn't expect it to have such missions at first but the more I played, the more I wondered. After a point, I wished it had more missions in the modern day world. I was disappointed as well.

I despised the modern missions. Dragging me out of the fun historical setting like badly smelted metal.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 5:41am

Doombreed

Doombreed

1,369 posts

I despised the modern missions. Dragging me out of the fun historical setting like badly smelted metal.

It is true that if you want to play a modern day stealth action game, you don't pick up Assassin's Creed. Most of my friends disliked these missions. However its really a personal belief, you can't just ask why somebody likes/dislikes these quests.

Reply to Assassin's Creed III general discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!