Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Assassin's Creed III general discussion

Posted Feb 11, '13 at 2:55am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

What do you mean you couldn't buy weapons? Haven't you tired going to a general store?

I love finding general stores after stealing and trying out a new weapon. I bought a Dutch axe but managed to throw it into someone's head :P so I would have to go back to a store to equip another.
The weapons are all neat, I especially like using a sword and double-barrel English pistol, but I want an AC set in the Middle Ages again, or maybe the Roman Empire age.

Posted Feb 11, '13 at 9:35pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,817 posts

I bought a Dutch axe but managed to throw it into someone's head :P so I would have to go back to a store to equip another.

Ah, yes. That tricky Y button seems to take all of my axes.

but I want an AC set in the Middle Ages again, or maybe the Roman Empire age.

I have actually thought about this quite a bit, and, frankly, I wouldn't mind an AC set in the American Civil War/Mid-1850's. I mean, think about it; the war was fought in the unrelenting forests and deserts, so you'd have trees and sand dunes to climb. Mexico was at war with the US, so you'd have an outside conflict again. The weapons weren't quite developed yet, but I suppose it'd be more of a shooter.

It would be like an advanced ACIII, and that game had a fantastic setting.

Posted Feb 14, '13 at 3:16am

Doombreed

Doombreed

362 posts

What do you mean you couldn't buy weapons? Haven't you tired going to a general store?

You mean weapons are sold in general stores? That is a little strange isn't it? I never tried getting there because I never thought it to be possible.

Posted Feb 14, '13 at 10:40am

partydevil

partydevil

5,068 posts

You mean weapons are sold in general stores? That is a little strange isn't it?

it's the only shop in the game.
tbh, i find it a little strange youve never checked the only shop. xD

Posted Feb 15, '13 at 1:44pm

Doombreed

Doombreed

362 posts

it's the only shop in the game.
tbh, i find it a little strange youve never checked the only shop. xD

Never had to. It was already too easy and i never had to go buy new weapons. But my argument is also supported by the fact that the best weapon in the game is held by officers and all you have to do is pick it up. So you don't even have to buy weapons, that is why I never tried looking for them at all.

Posted Feb 15, '13 at 4:29pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,068 posts

i mend that you never checked out the store out of curiosity.
there must be something to be done whit the money right?
i have to admit i didn't check it befor memory 8 either. but then i had 35k. there must be something to do whit it.

Posted Feb 16, '13 at 2:40am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

Weapons are for your play style, not to do certain things. They didn't want to make you have to buy a weapon just to win, that's for the FPSs. You can also upgrade the Aquila, which is handy if you want to chase after full sync in some of the naval missions. Nothing better than MOAR CANNON

Posted Feb 16, '13 at 6:18am

partydevil

partydevil

5,068 posts

They didn't want to make you have to buy a weapon just to win, that's for the FPSs.

in other AC's it toke you ages to chop down a hard enemy whit your 1st dagger.
better weapons simply mend more damage, speed, and time to counter. so it gets easyer to kill the harder ones.

(this game is more a 3th-PS then any of the other AC's. it's the 1st whit a actual crosshairs. everything points at AC turning FPS sooner or latter.)

Posted Feb 16, '13 at 8:33am

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,817 posts

The money is a bit pointless, yeah. I have 100k and I'm only at 60% completion. I have the fully upgraded Aquila, every weapon, fully upgraded conveys (which are useless), and every outfit except for the Ezio one. But some of the outfits don't require any money to be spent.

Oh, and if you want something interesting to do but don't wan to find feathers, get the trinkets. There are four tiers and every tier unlocks a really cool mission. There's also a very cool prize at the end.

Posted Feb 16, '13 at 9:18am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

in other AC's it toke you ages to chop down a hard enemy whit your 1st dagger.
better weapons simply mend more damage, speed, and time to counter. so it gets easyer to kill the harder ones.

Conner doesn't fight Templar knights or Venetian armored brutes. He fights men who have no armor, and only some giant Scottish Highlander is able to survive a more than a few stabs. I suggest getting stabbed by a dagger or hit with a steel tomahawk with nothing but a few layers of cloth and see how you fare.

Reply to Assassin's Creed III general discussion

You must be logged in to post a reply!