ForumsGamesAssassin's Creed III general discussion

87 15071
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

This is a general discussion thread for the last installment of the Assassin's Creed series. My general opinion about this game is mediocre, but I've played it enough to support my view. I was hoping to discuss with anyone about this game and since there was no thread about it, you can post here now.

What do you like and don't like in this game?

• 87 Replies
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Weapons are for your play style, not to do certain things. They didn't want to make you have to buy a weapon just to win, that's for the FPSs. You can also upgrade the Aquila, which is handy if you want to chase after full sync in some of the naval missions. Nothing better than MOAR CANNON

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

They didn't want to make you have to buy a weapon just to win, that's for the FPSs.

in other AC's it toke you ages to chop down a hard enemy whit your 1st dagger.
better weapons simply mend more damage, speed, and time to counter. so it gets easyer to kill the harder ones.

(this game is more a 3th-PS then any of the other AC's. it's the 1st whit a actual crosshairs. everything points at AC turning FPS sooner or latter.)
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The money is a bit pointless, yeah. I have 100k and I'm only at 60% completion. I have the fully upgraded Aquila, every weapon, fully upgraded conveys (which are useless), and every outfit except for the Ezio one. But some of the outfits don't require any money to be spent.

Oh, and if you want something interesting to do but don't wan to find feathers, get the trinkets. There are four tiers and every tier unlocks a really cool mission. There's also a very cool prize at the end.

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

in other AC's it toke you ages to chop down a hard enemy whit your 1st dagger.
better weapons simply mend more damage, speed, and time to counter. so it gets easyer to kill the harder ones.

Conner doesn't fight Templar knights or Venetian armored brutes. He fights men who have no armor, and only some giant Scottish Highlander is able to survive a more than a few stabs. I suggest getting stabbed by a dagger or hit with a steel tomahawk with nothing but a few layers of cloth and see how you fare.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

only some giant Scottish Highlander

On that note, what the hell is with those guys? They seem like they were put in as super-henchmen because of the lack of varying enemies. Talk about super unrealistic.

You also forgot about the captains. Those guys are pretty heavily armored.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Conner doesn't fight Templar knights or Venetian armored brutes. He fights men who have no armor, and only some giant Scottish Highlander is able to survive a more than a few stabs. I suggest getting stabbed by a dagger or hit with a steel tomahawk with nothing but a few layers of cloth and see how you fare.

since when are games that realistic?

you know what a bullet does to your head? in 99% of the games it doesn't work like in the real world.

You also forgot about the captains. Those guys are pretty heavily armored.

3 or 4 different guys. but when youve found out what to do against them. they all are easy.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

On that note, what the hell is with those guys? They seem like they were put in as super-henchmen because of the lack of varying enemies. Talk about super unrealistic.

The Grenadiers are actually men of the Highlanders Brigade. Like most old-fashioned Scots, they were big and powerful fighters.
since when are games that realistic?

Since you started complaining about how easy the soldiers are to take down?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Since you started complaining about how easy the soldiers are to take down?

i dont see the link between a easy game and a realistic game. sorry.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

i dont see the link between a easy game and a realistic game. sorry.

Why complain here? Ubisoft developed it, not I.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Why complain here? Ubisoft developed it, not I.

are you serious or trolling me?
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

So the Tyranny of King Washington (first part) finally came out. Anyone has it already?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'll be getting it within the next 3-4 days. It looks like DLC actually worth paying for.

Showing 76-87 of 87