ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] Time Zones???

11 2266
Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I was just wondering if their is any way of changing the time zone on Armor Games. It's annoying looking at when something was posted, then seeing that it was in the future.

What time zone is AG in anyway?

• 11 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

The time zone California is in. And no, you can't change it, idea was brought up years ago to no avail.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The time zone California is in

No..bad nich. Not California..New York
letsgome_gome
letsgome_gome
752 posts
Nomad

yep, it is eastern standerd time.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Ah, whatever. I know that it's roughly 12 hours away from me.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

That's something I never noticed untill now... Forum time is set at GMT -5, but the ArmorGames office is located in the GMT-8 time zone. Hmmm... funny. =)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

That's something I never noticed untill now... Forum time is set at GMT -5, but the ArmorGames office is located in the GMT-8 time zone. Hmmm... funny. =)

Convenience. Most people in USA are used to knowing what Pacific time is (GMT-5)..for TV shows and all it is usually given the time of PST(GMT-5)/*insert whatever time zone person is in other than Pacific*
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

*Eastern

Not Pacific

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I think the majority demographic was made up of the eastern coast. It was probably set to that to please the majority that come.

kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

i feel bad for everyone not in Eastern Standard time. That would be really confusing, lol

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

I've added it to our community suggestion list. But for now, nothing can be done.

Showing 1-10 of 11