ForumsProgramming ForumHow Do You Make A Game ?

17 34322
Ultravine
Ultravine
5 posts
Nomad

How do you make a game guys it is to do with coding right ?

• 17 Replies
Arceus12
Arceus12
145 posts
Shepherd

Ultravine this thread belongs in Programming Help.Over there, there is a post with link to make games and methods to programme a game.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

The games hosted here on ArmorGames are made for use of the Flash Player program. It involves coding, making graphics and additional music. Arceus12 is right, this thread is better suited for the Programming Help Forum, so I'm moving it there. All the answers can be found in this Forum. =)

genesern
genesern
1 posts
Nomad

i dont know how to make a game

mightybob
mightybob
360 posts
Peasant

I make my games in Flash... Yes, it'll burn a hole in your wallet, but it's what most the cool online games you see are made from. In fact every game on this site is Flash.

Plus making a game isn't just click drag check that box mess with a few things and your done. It takes a while to learn, and longer to actually program the game.

And if your making a game in Flash, there's so many Download this file for source code!'s. DON'T. That's what I did for 2 years. Didn't learn a thing except for how to copy and paste :/

Look at TUTORIALS. Not source code! Just finally after wasting my time on source code for 2 years, only a year and a half ago did I actually start looking at tutorials and seeing how to code.

So basically in a nutshell

Use Flash.

Look at tutorials, not source code crap!

And don't expect a great understanding of programming overnight.

seancaleb_romero
seancaleb_romero
1 posts
Nomad

How ti make games in Armor Games?

bloodloon73
bloodloon73
4 posts
Nomad

Go the for the simplest (Real) possible way to make flash games:
[url=http://scratch.mit.edu]

Amarantamin
Amarantamin
58 posts
Jester

I make games using LOVE, and coding in LUA. These games can't be posted on sites like ArmorGames, since they are not flash, but I still enjoy making them.

Making games will require a knowledge of computer programming, graphics art, and music/sound effects. One person doesn't need to know all of this, most games are made from a team of people with different talents.

tinyEricson
tinyEricson
19 posts
Shepherd

all you have to do is to make a game is step 1 make a game step 2 make an animation on the start with a name step 3 go on armor games and register the name of the animation in the game step 4 now youll see you have games by you good luck

awsome117
awsome117
2 posts
Peasant

how to make one? em..really i looks here just to find out my self!!

jasonjie88
jasonjie88
28 posts
Nomad

In the coding world, development of games is a big job. Here on Armor Games and other similar gaming websites, games are coded for the most part using Adobe Flash's Actionscript 3.0 language, a language that is entirely dedicated to the Flash Virtual Machine on which the games are run. Because the applications of the Adobe Flash Player are extremely wide, Flash games cater to a wide audience as a result.

While most coders are familiar with Actionscript 3.0 as the standard of production of Flash content, other languages have been developed for the creation of Flash games. For example, the Flash Virtual Machine (FlashVM) runs on C++. Using Adobe's FlasCC technology, programmers familiar with C++ can also run games on the FlashVM. Also Nicholas Cannesse created the HaXe language, which not only ports to the FlashVM, but also ports to many other devices and platforms. This versatility means an iPhone release of the game can be made in mere seconds using the Neko compiler, the compiler that translates HaXe code.

The development pipeline of a Flash game appears easier than it looks. Countless developer hours can be spent debugging and optimizing code. Coders with C++ are aware of the errors caused by simply omitting a single semicolon on one line. Even the well-known tower defence game Gemcraft (created by GameInABottle) took three years to create.

First, an idea for a game is formed. Sometimes concept art is drawn to give an artist's impression of the final product. Then the game is deigned and coded. The game programmers are responsible for the coding of basic gameplay, and the drawing of levels themselves. They are also responsible for more complex effects, like the creation of special effects such as particle systems that will enhance gameplay experience.

Meanwhile, the artists draw art for the game. Typical art includes animation and texture packs. Assets are hard to load in the FlashVM. These days, games with high-quality artwork can be up to 18 MB in size, and take two to five minutes to load. This means the artist is under data constraints, and much make the art as high-quality as possible withou sacrificing precious data in the process.

There may be other people involved in the game creation process, like: voice actors who create voices for the characters in a plot scenario; music writers who construct soundtracks for the game; and playtesters who test the game and suggest ways to improve the game.

Finally, the Flash game is submitted, either for sponsorship or onto the development team's website. In the case of sponsorship, typically the game is released onto a Flash game auction site, such as FlashGameLicense. There sponsors place offers for the game, often after reviewing a demo of the game on the website. It is at this point in the process that games can be stolen, and placed on other websites by game thieves. It is the game programmer's responsibility to obfuscate/encrypt the game so the game cannot be stolen.

The result of a Flash game auction is variable. Armor Games pays between $1,500 and $7,000 for games. However, they are competing against other sites for the game. For example, MaxGames payed $15,000 for Age of War 2. However, what sponsors will offer is at the mercy of their judgement. They may offer $10,000 or $1,000, or maybe even nothing at all if the game isn't good enough.

Of course, any money you get for your Flash game is not your net profit. You'll need to pay for music and art resources and the like. Fortunately there are places where you can get such resources for free, but it won't be as original as stuff created by artists and musicians for you. Still, that's a case of personal opinion and whether you're prepared to pay a bit of money to make your game a bit better

Anyway. Hope this offers some clarification on the matter.

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

This guide HERE has tools available for free to make flash games

johnnymcinnes123
johnnymcinnes123
2 posts
Nomad

HOW DO YOU MAKE A GAME

Horse999123
Horse999123
6 posts
Nomad

Java is simple to learn and codecademy has great tutorials. As was said above, don't wast your time on source code. I had a very bad experience with it(as in whoever posted it on wherever it was didn't give a darn.

NorisTheGOD
NorisTheGOD
1 posts
Nomad

i dont know how to make a game its going to be awsome if i can make a game

weirdlike
weirdlike
1,299 posts
Prince

@orendr7500

AG only accepts .swf or HTML5

If this program can publish into either format then you can try and submit.

Showing 1-15 of 17