ForumsThe TavernNFL Playoffs and regular season overview

4 2294
The_DeVitor13
The_DeVitor13
66 posts
Nomad

As 2013 starts the NFL playoffs will start too
It took a while to see who was good and who wasn't
The Redskins looked down and out when they were 3-6. Then a 7 game win streak put them atop of the NFC East also keeping Super bowl XLVI champion Giants out of the playoffs.
The Chicago Bears looked like the team to go all the way starting at 7-1. But ending of at 10-6 and missing the playoffs.
The Vikings had a slow start but persevered beating the NFC North Champions Green Bay Packers on the last week. Now they face them in the playoffs.
The Arizona Cardinals surprised all starting 4-0. But as we all know, nobody could tell who was good. They ended 5-11.
The Colts were slow starting. But when there head coach Chuck Pagano was diagnosed with cancer, they stepped it up for him. Beating the Packers was the start. Now they move on at 11-5.

Now it's time for the playoffs. The wild card round includes the
Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers
Seattle Seahawks @ Washington Redskins
Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans
Indianipolis Colts @ Baltimore Ravens

Then with the bye is the
Atlanta Falcons(Home field advantage)
Denver Broncos(Home field advantage)
San Francisco 49ers
New England Patriots

Lets gear for the NFL playoffs!!

Go Redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I'm favoring the Patriots and Broncos this year, along with the Seahawks. All three appear to have what it takes to make it through the playoffs. I am also keeping an eye on the Redskins. RG3 just might be setting them up for a Super Bowl Title. (If they beat the Seahawks on Sunday, they'll take my #3 spot on my profile.)

The Arizona Cardinals surprised all starting 4-0. But as we all know, nobody could tell who was good. They ended 5-11.

Please don't cut them up anymore. I have heard every complaint and every joke about them, and it's kind of depressing to have such a sorry season.
vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

Here are my wild card predictions:

Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers

Packers 35-28 Packers have the advantage now since they're playing at home and playing at home can change things. But I think it will stay close considering how good the Vikings played against them last week. I'm a little sad that Peterson didn't quite manage to get the record. But there's always next season.

Seattle Seahawks @ Washington Redskins

This game can go any way. It depends on how RGIII's condition is.

If RGIII is not 100% then,

Seahawks 21-17 It's going to be hard to maneuver around a top 5 defense along with a banged up knee. I think he would still keep it close and the Seahawks would score last minute.

If RGIII is 100% then,

Redskins 24-17 The Redskins would be down in the first half but I think they would rally and adjust to the defense. And RGIII would tire out the defense in the late game.

Cincinnati Bengals @ Houston Texans

Bengals 27-20 Texans have lost their momentum in the past few weeks. This might effect their postseason performance. Bengals are capable of winning this game. The Bengals beat the Steelers and Ravens the last two games. Which shows their potential.

Indianipolis Colts @ Baltimore Ravens

Colts 20-14 Even with or without Ray Lewis I believe in the Colts. Joe Flacco has shown inconsistent play in the regular season. You need to play consistently in the playoffs. I don't think he can pull it off this year. On the other hand, Andrew Luck has to protect the ball.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

@Vinster

How did you happen to come to the conclusion that those might be the final scores in the games? Evey time I guess, I'm wrong.

vinster132
vinster132
5,881 posts
Jester

I try to think about what would be a reasonable score. If I think it's good I'll take it. I never get the guesses right though.

Showing 1-4 of 4