ForumsThe TavernSnow Tubing

6 2676
darkangel12341
darkangel12341
112 posts
Nomad

Snow tubing is one of my favorite past times. Every year my brother and I go out, find a hill, and tube for hours. I hurt myself every year, but that never stops me. Do any of you go snow tubing. This is for sharing stories, tips, and anything else snow tube realated

• 6 Replies
Balloon__Girl
Balloon__Girl
213 posts
Shepherd

I have been snow tubing many times. My favourite is this place near me that has this giant hill with a giant slip n slide thing going down it that they pour water down that freezes. You whip down that thing so fast and the bottom always has a pile of slush so you end up dripping wet and freezing, but it is so fun.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

Last time I went snow tubing was around 12 years ago. My Dad and I were going down this little hill we had found, (about 100 feet long) and the tube got caught on a hidden rock and came to a dead stop. I was thrown about 10-15 feet, and my Dad ended up rolling over me, crushing me into the 3 feet of snow. (That did not feel good.)

Since then, I prefer Saucer Sleds. Those things can get moving, and they are impossible to control. =D

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I have never been snow tubing, or even head of it. When I going sledding, which I haven't done for two or three years, I like to use a sled with a steering wheel. That way, when you are going down the hill at high speeds, you can turn the wheel sharply and you will go flying off and bash your head on the ground. Another bonus, is that if you are aiming for a jump, but end up sliding to the side so that you will miss it, you are able to just steer back on course on hit the jump.

I saw a TV show a while ago that tested a bunch of different sleds (like toboggans and saucers) to see which went fastest. The one with one with there steering wheel, which I can't remember what those things are called, ended up being the winner.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I saw a TV show a while ago that tested a bunch of different sleds (like toboggans and saucers) to see which went fastest. The one with one with there steering wheel, which I can't remember what those things are called, ended up being the winner.

I can how that would happen. With the steering wheel, you are able to control which part of the snow you hit. If you hit the powder, you slow down, and if you hit the slush or ice you slow down too. While if you can hit the snow that's packed and smooth, you can get moving.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

I have no idea how that last post happened, but anyway I don't really like tubing at all. Regular sledding, with steering wheels like Clancy12 said, is much more fun. Snowboarding is in a class of its own but at a backyard/hill standpoint I'd take sledding over tubing any day.

darkangel12341
darkangel12341
112 posts
Nomad

I prefer tubing because it's really soft when you go down the hill, because of the air preassure in the tube you go super fast, and you can spin. Which is always fun.

Showing 1-6 of 6