Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Is it OK to teach evolution in public schools?

Posted May 11, '13 at 7:10pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,564 posts

Yes it was in response to you.  You seem to be the only one making points revolving around natural facts, rather than those made by man.

KnightDeclan, want to know the only difference between what we just told you about the earth's shape and evolution? The name we call that field of science. Evolution is as much of a process as gravity is. They're both scientific theories, in fact.

Evolution is the name we give the process for organisms changing. The theory describes how these changes take place. That's all evolution really is.

Posted May 11, '13 at 8:00pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Ur all just jealous cuz magegraywolf is a better teacher XD

Posted May 12, '13 at 1:33am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,841 posts

Knight

Why would we be jealous of someone whom we have learnt much from?

Posted May 12, '13 at 5:04am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,937 posts

Knight

He does have a better didactic approach than me, at least. But that doesn't change the fact that you've shown absolutely no consideration for anything else up to that point. So please, in the future, independent of who posts something, at least look closer at what they're saying, instead of taking refuge in your bigotry at the slightest contradiction to your beliefs.

Posted May 12, '13 at 12:47pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Oh believe me, I have tried to learn.  Its just that all that you guys have said was either contradicting my religion, or just plain unbelievable for me.  There are definitely things that you guys won't believe, just out of pure spite.  We're humans, it's what we do.

Posted May 12, '13 at 12:59pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,841 posts

Knight

I don't think its learning when one does not attempt to accept or understand something when it merely infringes upon his original beliefs.

Posted May 12, '13 at 1:32pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,564 posts

Its just that all that you guys have said was either contradicting my religion, or just plain unbelievable for me.

In other words, you only believe whatever you want to, regardless of evidence? You will never re-evaluate your beliefs when new information comes to light?

There are definitely things that you guys won't believe, just out of pure spite.

No there's not. If you can provide me with evidence for something and I can achieve those same results, I'd become open to the idea.

Posted May 12, '13 at 7:10pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

No there's not. If you can provide me with evidence for something and I can achieve those same results, I'd become open to the idea.

quoting guys and giving out scientific "facts" aren't evidence to me.  I can't prove God, but I was born with faith, so I don't have to see.  If you don't have that faith, then you would only believe by being shown a miracle of some sort, am I right?  We, as humans, need to see to believe.

Posted May 12, '13 at 7:32pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,564 posts

quoting guys and giving out scientific "facts" aren't evidence to me.

This is the entire problem right here. You do not accept proof as proof. Thus, we literally have no way to prove anything to you. Please remove your blindfold and earplugs, then we may speak.

I can't prove God, but I was born with faith, so I don't have to see.

And this is why Creationism cannot be taught in science class.

Posted May 12, '13 at 7:33pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,970 posts

but I was born with faith, so I don't have to see.
We, as humans, need to see to believe.

Humans need to see to believe.
You don't have that need.
Therefore, you're not human. What are you?

Reply to Is it OK to teach evolution in public schools?

You must be logged in to post a reply!