ForumsPopular MediaWorld War Z

11 9095
Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

The movie is coming out in summer! Who else can't wait? I loved the book, the movie looks absolutely awesome.
Talk about the book, movie, expectations, whatever.

• 11 Replies
Cranium80
Cranium80
489 posts
Shepherd

I heard the only thing the movie has in common with the book is the title. I don't know how true that is, that's just what someone told me.

Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

The director of the movie irks me a bit.

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

they are seriously making a zombie movie called world war Z?
is it anything like dayZ?

xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

I hope its like the book. The book was amazing.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

@spike, I don't think so. It's supposed to be based off the book World War Z by Max Brooks. It's about the world fighting zombie infestation.

xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

@Tactical_Fish YES you just made my day by saying that. And anyone who is a fan of zombies, I would suggest reading World War Z, and if you have a slight obsession (like me), I would suggest reading The Zombie Survival Guide. They are both by Max Brooks.

MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

world war z looks awesome i wish i had the book

xxBoogeymaNxx
xxBoogeymaNxx
83 posts
Nomad

You can get both World War Z and The Zombie Survival Guide at Barnes and Noble. When I bought those books, the clerk said they were flying off the shelves which kinda surprised me

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Not having read the book (yet), I can comment from a purely movie point of view. I think the trailer looked good and really makes me want to see the movie, this looks fairly interesting.

ilovemoney249
ilovemoney249
813 posts
Nomad

From the look of the trailer, it i only similar to the book in title and premise. The movie focuses on one character, while the book focuses on different character's around the world and their experiences as the world changes due to the zombie outbreak.

Tactical_Fish
Tactical_Fish
776 posts
Blacksmith

From the look of the trailer, it i only similar to the book in title and premise. The movie focuses on one character, while the book focuses on different character's around the world and their experiences as the world changes due to the zombie outbreak.
True, but that doesn't mean it won't be a good movie.
Showing 1-11 of 11