ForumsSupport ForumAdobe Flash Settings Bug!

11 2808
GDog13
GDog13
7 posts
Shepherd

I have been able to play Armor games just fine for a long while and now there's an issue with the Adobe Flash settings...games will load fine - sometimes even let me get through the first round - and then throws up an "Adobe Flash Player Settings" screen. Armor is asking to save to my cache. But I can't click on anything! I can't click the "Allow" button or any other buttons. The game behind keeps going but I can't click on it either. I've gone in manually and set my flash to accept Armor, but it doesn't help...even games I've played before with no problems have this! It's getting frustrating... Can anyone please help?

• 11 Replies
Valrex
Valrex
6 posts
Nomad

If your using chrome, you can go to chrome://plugins and disable the PPAPI type file and keep the NPAPI file going.

GDog13
GDog13
7 posts
Shepherd

I should have mentioned it...I'm using Firefox. I just tried it on IE8, and it seems to work, so it appears to be an issue with Firefox. Since that's my preferred browser, is anyone aware of a fix? Thank you!

Sosan
Sosan
8 posts
Nomad

I should have mentioned it...I'm using Firefox. I just tried it on IE8, and it seems to work, so it appears to be an issue with Firefox. Since that's my preferred browser, is anyone aware of a fix? Thank you!

Is your Flash updated? Whenever I encounter a problem it always ends up being because my Flash isn't updated.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It would be best to just re-install Adobe Flash on Firefox if you can. Otherwise load Firefox without utilizing any add-ons. It'll say Firefox (no add-ons) specifically. You might have a problem with an add-on, which is something I get from time to time.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Yes, it could be an add-on issue. You could also try uninstalling and re-installing Firefox.

Valrex
Valrex
6 posts
Nomad

Or you could just switch to chrome! Heh, just kidding, use what you like

GDog13
GDog13
7 posts
Shepherd

I wanted to reinstall Flash and downloaded the installation file from the Adobe website. But when I went to install it, Malwarebytes intercepted a "Trojan.Agent.AI" file. I know this is getting beyond an Armor Games question, but has anyone encountered this before? Could this be part of the problem? I'm almost certain it's the "real" Adobe Flash site. Thanks!

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Judging that is has the text "Trojan" specifically, I'd say it's a Trojan, which is bad. Trojans are basically things that hurt your computer.

Could you give me a link as to where you found this download?

GDog13
GDog13
7 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, I know what Trojans are...and that they're not good. I am assuming this is not a Malwarebytes false positive.

It should be noted that the problem does not happen with every game on Firefox, but does happen on most. I have also found it started happening with IE8 as well on some games. So this does not appear to be exclusive to Firefox.

The site is: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

GDog13
GDog13
7 posts
Shepherd

Well, I use SpyBot and SuperAntiSpyware and Spybot found a bunch of stuff in the Flash player file. Cleaned it out and now Armor seems to be working again.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Cool. Adobe Flash has to cooperate with almost every file on your computer, so sometimes a rogue file might get into the way. Good to hear you got it figured out.

Showing 1-11 of 11