ForumsProgramming Forumsoft body pysics in flash

8 7443
bluesky4us
bluesky4us
30 posts
Nomad

you may have seen this in some PC and consul games but it would be nice if there was a easy and conventional way to bring it the the flash platform in both 2D and 3D with the use of any game developing program capable of flash here is a example at. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KppTmsNFneg
but it only is for cry engine witch tends to hang up on most computers i have used it on tree different computers one with AMD graphics card capable of running high quality games. developing for flash involves using using 3 different programing languages and 5 to 10 different files have to be used on the host server with of curse means you definably wouldn't be able to submit these game to armor games.

the point is it would be nice if you could total a car on a racing game instead of it bouncing off of the wall as if nothing happened

• 8 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Just change the variable of the car after it hits the wall. Use AS3.

bluesky4us
bluesky4us
30 posts
Nomad

that works good but i didn't mean using prewritten code objects sprites and collision fields witch all pretty much still use ridged body physics witch work good with most arcade racing games.

lets say we are developing a game witch will be published as a flash game with unity witch down the road i would modify it to work as a 50.000 KB swiff file. (i am not looking foreword to that and i know already it might not work)

1 . i would start with a blend file of a door

2 . i would mark all the flex points and nodes by subdividing the door

3 . import the pictures to use a textures and apply them along with lighting and code

4 . export the door to a collada file

5 . import the the file and all of the graphics and code

6 . put the door and the rest of the imported car parts together with unity this is the way for this to work if you want to hit the wall and there be plenty of flying steel

yes i know this is way to over complicated
but in the end it is worth it
i might be doing something wrong but this is only a hobby and i have to much to do

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

o.O
You're doing this the inefficient way. What program are you using? Usually programs will have shortcuts to avoid long chains like these.

bluesky4us
bluesky4us
30 posts
Nomad

most of the programs i use have shortcut keys and easy to use toolbars
i go by putting together the game like you would for publish to a consul platform but i would use unity to publish to flash therefore i can avoid using actionscript because it converts it over for me.

all of the programs i use all tighter are
tremble sketch up
blender (i use these to create most of the assets)
audacity
adobe Photoshop for textures
Dreamweaver for code
unity pro to publish and bring everything together
and i just have flash professional to debug and change the game to be just a simple swiff i cant use it for mush else and this is the part that i am having a hard time with

in the end i am hoping to create a consul quality high def game for flash

bluesky4us
bluesky4us
30 posts
Nomad

i apologize for writing such long posts

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

You're using Dreamweaver for code? You realize Dreamweaver is for websites, right? You're making it very inconvenient for yourself. I don't really know how to do this using Dreamweaver. Sorry. =/

bluesky4us
bluesky4us
30 posts
Nomad

that is a good point i should do all of the coding with flash professional
that is until my trial expires

bluesky4us
bluesky4us
30 posts
Nomad

i cant believe i misspelled so much of this i need to get rid of this stupid auto correct add on

the point of this was to try and create a accurate simulation driving game
but it is really hard to try and reverse engineer a unity publication to work as a regular flash game

has anybody done this correctly if not
could you suggest a program that could create 3D games with really good physics

Showing 1-8 of 8