ForumsSupport Forum

A few suggestions for the forums

Thread Locked

Posted Feb 5, '08 at 3:53pm

Carlie

Carlie

7,222 posts

Knight

Drognar, I have been keeping watchful eye on threads to make sure that they do not produce spam. We decided that the 3 word story would be ok, and many people are involved in the thread. Spam in the forums is not a very large issue right now, we have been making sure to keep on top of it.

Most of the spam that you find will be in comment form. We try our best to keep it down, but it is pretty much impossible since there are over 20,000 profiles to keep track of, and almost 600 games. That is why we take advantage of the flagging system. It helps us out a lot!

And coming up with different ranks for mods and admins is on the 'To Do' list.

For now, until we build up a bigger team of moderators, everyone flagging is the best thing to cut down on spam.

Posted Feb 5, '08 at 9:09pm

Pfhortipfhy

Pfhortipfhy

75 posts

I have a suggestion: A forum that gives you no points when you post in it. I know I feel uncomfortable posting here, as some of what I have posted has already been deleted I think and there are other things I feel really stupid for saying (how do I became mod?). I may do that a lot, small, worthless comments, but when I do it, I don't want it to seem like it's spamming for points. That's really not my intention, and I'd like not to be misinterpreted.

Posted Feb 5, '08 at 9:42pm

Carlie

Carlie

7,222 posts

Knight

We would still have to delete posts that we think are spam, whether there were points involved or not. And you may be missing posts because some dead topics, and topics in the wrong sections have been removed.

Posted Feb 6, '08 at 9:07am

arod234

arod234

24 posts

i think armor games needs cleat vision 1. i have played and have beatin it it is a good game.

i also think armor games needs more shooting games. especially SNIPER games i love sniper games. I MEAN LOVE!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Feb 6, '08 at 9:35am

dank

dank

1,045 posts

Knight

As the others said, forum spam is not a problem now, it's comment spam that is making problems because spammers get more points. However, when all the points are taken away for making comments on user's profiles, spammers will look to the forums to gain points.

Posted Feb 6, '08 at 12:47pm

Carlie

Carlie

7,222 posts

Knight

True, but there is less to watch over in the forums than in 23,000 profiles. So at least it will make the job more doable.

Posted Feb 7, '08 at 10:28pm

RaptorExx

RaptorExx

2,330 posts

Hmmm...I do think Mods should at least get something to signify they're mods, I mean they've earned it through being respectful, helpful, and just all around good-natured. I think everything that I can think of for the forums has been covered already, and forum games are funny, if you think that's just to get ranks then I must believe you're wrong.

Posted Feb 7, '08 at 11:27pm

zorvaz

zorvaz

218 posts

Yes that would be a great idea
eg.
Asherlee:Forum Mod(IN smallish silver) writing
Carlie:Site Mod (IN smallish Gold writing)
that way would know who to go to for help

Posted Feb 8, '08 at 12:04am

Bloody_Wolf

Bloody_Wolf

104 posts

I have but one small suggestion for the forums, maybe it belongs in this thread? Who knows. I noticed that offensive words are automatically blotted out when a post is made, which is a great idea. My problem is, some people find ways to get around the language blocker and post offensive language. I'm really not sure what can be done, but maybe the admins can come up with a solution somehow?

Posted Feb 8, '08 at 1:09am

RaptorExx

RaptorExx

2,330 posts

there is always a way to get around that stuff, any one hacker could hack their way, don't know why they'd waste their time doing it, into the system thing and make it so they can cuss all over the place. Those people are like SPAMies, you can't get rid of them XD, no not really funny...
and there is a lot of open space sometimes underneath your name, then mods can have a little pic or something in big letters or whatever floats their boat that says MODERATOR, heheheheh, funny though, MOD the size of a forum page...lol.