ForumsGamesUp Coming New Series GTA V

16 3994
solihin
solihin
12 posts
Nomad

What do you think about GTA V(Five) coming this year? is gonna be Bold? Is gonna be new maps? new everything? even new mission?

• 16 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

hopefully it's not realistic. that sucked most in GTA4.
i wont buy the game. i 1st need to hear from people that disliked GTA4 because of the realistic stuff. that they new game is good. untill then i'm waiting for the next saints row

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Is gonna be new maps?

There better be new maps...why wouldn't there be?

hopefully it's not realistic. that sucked most in GTA4.

How did the realism suck?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

It was all the hype when it was first mentioned, but I haven't heard much since then. I've enjoyed all GTA's I've played, so I'll probably get this one.

There better be new maps...why wouldn't there be?

I think it's supposed to be based in a San Andreas map.

The driving for example was sluggish. In San Andreas and previous titles it was more fluid.
xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

Well, I'm not buying it on release I'm waiting for good reviews and/or until I get to play it myself.
I mean,I pre-ordered GTA IV and the game wasn't what I expected, hell, it wasn't even as good as GTA SA unmodded.

Lets say it like this. There were people at Rockstar who said that the car drove like boats.
You could find tutorials on how to drive good on Gta IV. In my memory is this the first time that ever happened in a GTA game.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

it toke the fun right out of the serie.

and not only for driving as already mentioned. also in the story. it's all to serious. in the happy gunning around the city situations. where your actions do not have a huge impact on the world anymore. the amount of different weapons was less, no flying. all and all, GTA4 sucked, mainly because it was realistic. if they made it less realistic like GTA:SA it would probably been good. but this was not what the fans expected or wanted from the serie.
saints row 2 and 3 are much much much better then GTA4.
ArmorPenetrator
ArmorPenetrator
23 posts
Farmer

Well, being realistic can be good or bad in GTA series. I personally hate the phone option, you can't get it out anywhere and Niko puts it back in his pocket willingly quick. Cheating gets harder and harder in GTA series

Also, jumping out of a burning car is not an option anymore, since you'll be dragging across the floor more than the car you've left, putting a good chance that you'll end up next to it when it blows up.

Another one, things have been much more sensitive, a random action can return unexpected consequences.

Also, Niko does not have an option between dead slow walking and sprinting at top speed, which makes him tired shortly. The clothing and weaponarizing options were decreased as well.

In short, GTA IV gains from being "realistic" at some points, and good graphics of course (but i find it less efficient using resources). This makes me think the following games will have more options on things. Some time, we'll play a GTA game like San Andreas with better graphics. We'll see what happens then.

Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

saints row 2 and 3 are much much much better then GTA4.

Are you kidding me?

I mean, SR2 was amazing, so I'll give you that, but SR3 was crap.

There's just so much wrong with the game, it's not even comparable to SR2. If you changed the color scheme and some of the names, it might as well be a different series at that point.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

I mean, SR2 was amazing, so I'll give you that, but SR3 was crap.

sr2 was allot better then sr3, yes.
but sr3 is still waaayyyy better then gta4.
Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

but sr3 is still waaayyyy better then gta4.

That's where things start to get debatable.

GTA4, even though it was realistic, had a MUCH better story, and it always seems like there's so much to do on the side, even though there really isn't.

SR3 was all tacked on because Volition felt that one of the only reasons we actually like the SR Series is because of the action. The story was all rushed, the writing wasn't too good, and the side-missions feel more like a chore than they do for fun.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

and it always seems like there's so much to do on the side

there was allot to do on the side in other gta's not in 4.

and the story wasn't that great either. the usual low life turning into the most mighty criminal of the city. like always.

The story was all rushed

i can't argue sr3 had a good story. it didn't.

the writing wasn't too good

it had the jokes and stresses. nothing wrong whit the writing really.

and the side-missions feel more like a chore than they do for fun.

thats your opinion. i enjoyed the side missions allot. only the side missions are even better then the whole gta4 game.
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

It already came out(for consoles,of course).Vice City and San Andreas are my favourite.Well,Vice City needs more missions.The graphics in GTA 3 and San Andreas are very similar to me.

Vagueshade
Vagueshade
83 posts
Peasant

It already came out

What are you talking about?
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

he calls gta:vc gta4 and gta:sa gta5 i guess. so the next is gta8 or 9 =P

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

That's where things start to get debatable.

Now you get into opinions. I mean, the developers goal to make it are different. Look at all the SR3 trailers/teasers/gameplay. It's all about fun, madness and more fun, whilst GTA IV tried to make a story in a city. No more random Monster trucks races, RC vehicle battles, just more realism.

I liked SR3 more just because I know when I put it in my pc I will have fun and can laugh and I can't say the same for GTA IV. For the first half of the story I felt more a messenger/delivery boy then a gangster/****** person.
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

I liked SR3 more just because I know when I put it in my pc I will have fun and can laugh and I can't say the same for GTA IV. For the first half of the story I felt more a messenger/delivery boy then a gangster/****** person.

I'm sure GTA V will take much more liberties than GTA IV.

The screenshots for the game look phenomenal, especially the one with the submarine.
Showing 1-15 of 16