Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

Well Hello There!

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 8:02pm

chuncster

chuncster

24 posts

Hey guys, my name's Chuncster, though people call my Chunc.

I've been an admirer of Armor Games for a few years now, had a profile all this time, however never got truly active on it until... today, really... ^_^

Currently Located in the south of England, doing my A-Levels in Physics, Maths and Computing. Looking to get A's in order to get to uni and get a computer science degree!
Aims in life are to become a successful software engineer, learning computer languages nice and quick, such as C#, C++, VB (mandatory in my first year A level -.-). Currently learning JavaScript to make flash games and get my name known across the gaming community for when i start my job! Looking to become a coder for games, been a passion of mine for a while now.

In real life my name is Jack, I'm a rugby player, kick boxer and *cough* social drinker *cough*.

So yeah, any other questions about anything don't hesitate to ask

Oh, and where i'm planning on making some flash games in the near future I've made myself a free website: chuncster.webs.com , It's just for feedback, i will be posting games i make on there and posting the link to various gaming forums for feedback, once I've optimized the game to everybody's liking i will hopefully release it to Armor Games!

Anyways, hey guys happy to be here, looking forward to getting to know you all

Chuncster.

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 8:12pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

14,756 posts

Knight

Oh you're a social drinker huh? Well we should talk sometime with some yellow liquid, it's called lemonade. Have you heard of it?

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 8:15pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Hey there Chunc!

It's satisfying to see an introductory post that wasn't a single sentence long, or even a word long. Glad to see you have some initiative when it comes to making your first impression an impressionable one! (Bad pun, I know... :P)

UNI? Where is that? I was thinking about the University of Northern Iowa in the Midwest of the United States, but that surely is a long way to go from England. One can hope, though, that someone might visit our state! It's super cool to see another technological aficionado around, as they seem to be a bit lacking as of late.

Software engineering, eh? Cool field; that's where Cormyn, a former ArmorGames administrator, went to work when he was done here. I wish you the best of luck there, but I doubt you'll need much as the field is prosperous and you seem to know quite a bit already. I mean, C#, C++, JavaScript, and VB? You're on your way, man!

I can't wait to see what kind of games you'll be concocting up in the next few years. No doubt adding to the awesomeness we have here at ArmorGames!

Happy foruming. =)

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 8:23pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

14,756 posts

Knight

I meant to post more... don't know why I didn't...

It would be great to see the type of games you'll be conducting, may I have a link to one of your games?

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 8:49pm

chuncster

chuncster

24 posts

Ohoh!! R2D2 I see you're the funnyman of the forum! as for your 2nd post i haven't made any games yet, i'm new as new can be when it comes to java and javascript, i'm planning on starting to learn, i have many ideas for games and shall be developing my ideas into games as soon as i can! So yeah, right now i'm a wannabe (Que boos and shuns)

Thanks Sal! Introductions are my favorites, i get to blabber on about random stuff ;P Now, i don't know if you're joking or not, but i'll assume you're not, uni is shortened version of university, and if you were joking (which is what i thought first ;P) then my initial response was haha :P.

I'm glad i'm not alone with my interest in coding! I don't see many of them these days, sad to see I've not got javascript yet :P and C# and C++ i'm more of an average coder, i learned it for the sake of learning it, knowing that it's a main language to learn :P

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated!

Chunc

Posted Jan 5, '13 at 12:04am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,741 posts

Hey! Welcome to the Armor Games community! I am very much excited to see what kind of of awe inspiring game type contraptions you bring to the mass chaos...I mean website

Posted Jan 5, '13 at 5:08am

chuncster

chuncster

24 posts

Hey ManlyMan, thank you To be honest, i'm excited to see what i release as well O.o

Chunc

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 1:01am

searl

searl

3 posts

HI! i'm Searl i'm Fil-Chi and in philippines. My favorite game is Raze 2 since last week

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 1:08am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,757 posts

Ohoh!! R2D2 I see you're the funnyman of the forum!

Don't worry..R2 and manly are quite..interesting..when greeting newbies XD

Hope to see some games released by you soon...and hope to see you around the forums some!

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 8:29am

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,924 posts

Don't worry..R2 and manly are quite..interesting..when greeting newbies XD

Yeah,he might be funny for a while,but afterwards...
Oh,and welcome.

Reply to Well Hello There!

You must be logged in to post a reply!