Forums

ForumsNewcomers Forum

Well Hello There!

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 8:02pm

chuncster

chuncster

24 posts

Hey guys, my name's Chuncster, though people call my Chunc.

I've been an admirer of Armor Games for a few years now, had a profile all this time, however never got truly active on it until... today, really... ^_^

Currently Located in the south of England, doing my A-Levels in Physics, Maths and Computing. Looking to get A's in order to get to uni and get a computer science degree!
Aims in life are to become a successful software engineer, learning computer languages nice and quick, such as C#, C++, VB (mandatory in my first year A level -.-). Currently learning JavaScript to make flash games and get my name known across the gaming community for when i start my job! Looking to become a coder for games, been a passion of mine for a while now.

In real life my name is Jack, I'm a rugby player, kick boxer and *cough* social drinker *cough*.

So yeah, any other questions about anything don't hesitate to ask :)

Oh, and where i'm planning on making some flash games in the near future I've made myself a free website: chuncster.webs.com , It's just for feedback, i will be posting games i make on there and posting the link to various gaming forums for feedback, once I've optimized the game to everybody's liking i will hopefully release it to Armor Games!

Anyways, hey guys happy to be here, looking forward to getting to know you all :)

Chuncster.

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 8:12pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,418 posts

Oh you're a social drinker huh? Well we should talk sometime with some yellow liquid, it's called lemonade. Have you heard of it?

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 8:15pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Hey there Chunc!

It's satisfying to see an introductory post that wasn't a single sentence long, or even a word long. Glad to see you have some initiative when it comes to making your first impression an impressionable one! (Bad pun, I know... :P)

UNI? Where is that? I was thinking about the University of Northern Iowa in the Midwest of the United States, but that surely is a long way to go from England. One can hope, though, that someone might visit our state! It's super cool to see another technological aficionado around, as they seem to be a bit lacking as of late.

Software engineering, eh? Cool field; that's where Cormyn, a former ArmorGames administrator, went to work when he was done here. I wish you the best of luck there, but I doubt you'll need much as the field is prosperous and you seem to know quite a bit already. I mean, C#, C++, JavaScript, and VB? You're on your way, man!

I can't wait to see what kind of games you'll be concocting up in the next few years. No doubt adding to the awesomeness we have here at ArmorGames!

Happy foruming. =)

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 8:23pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,418 posts

I meant to post more... don't know why I didn't...

It would be great to see the type of games you'll be conducting, may I have a link to one of your games?

Posted Jan 4, '13 at 8:49pm

chuncster

chuncster

24 posts

Ohoh!! R2D2 I see you're the funnyman of the forum! ;) as for your 2nd post i haven't made any games yet, i'm new as new can be when it comes to java and javascript, i'm planning on starting to learn, i have many ideas for games and shall be developing my ideas into games as soon as i can! So yeah, right now i'm a wannabe (Que boos and shuns)

Thanks Sal! Introductions are my favorites, i get to blabber on about random stuff ;P Now, i don't know if you're joking or not, but i'll assume you're not, uni is shortened version of university, and if you were joking (which is what i thought first ;P) then my initial response was haha :P.

I'm glad i'm not alone with my interest in coding! I don't see many of them these days, sad to see :( I've not got javascript yet :P and C# and C++ i'm more of an average coder, i learned it for the sake of learning it, knowing that it's a main language to learn :P

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated!

Chunc

Posted Jan 5, '13 at 12:04am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

2,925 posts

Hey! Welcome to the Armor Games community! I am very much excited to see what kind of of awe inspiring game type contraptions you bring to the mass chaos...I mean website ;)

Posted Jan 5, '13 at 5:08am

chuncster

chuncster

24 posts

Hey ManlyMan, thank you :) To be honest, i'm excited to see what i release as well O.o

Chunc

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 1:01am

searl

searl

3 posts

HI! i'm Searl i'm Fil-Chi and in philippines. My favorite game is Raze 2 since last week

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 1:08am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,610 posts

Ohoh!! R2D2 I see you're the funnyman of the forum! ;)

Don't worry..R2 and manly are quite..interesting..when greeting newbies XD

Hope to see some games released by you soon...and hope to see you around the forums some!

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 8:29am

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,791 posts

Don't worry..R2 and manly are quite..interesting..when greeting newbies XD

Yeah,he might be funny for a while,but afterwards...
Oh,and welcome.

Reply to Well Hello There!

You must be logged in to post a reply!