ForumsSupport Forum[Answered] User's Forum Post rises...while posting in Forum Games

41 4895
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

So while in Forum Games the past few of days..I noticed that a recently joined (in the Forum Games sectoin..not AG in general) has been posting quite a lot (not spam). Now, this isn't the problem..no, the problem is like how it says in the title.

Thkis user (ArgamenPhish) came in with about 150-ish post counts (a few days ago)..and posts primarily in the Forum Games (has posted in other sections every now and then..but not enough for a significant rise). This user now has 472 posts. But like I said..hasn't posted much of anything outside of the Forum Games section

I asked Argamen if he posted anywhere else besides the Forum Games section (I go to each section...so I was doubting that I'd miss his posting in other sections frequently, but I just wanted to make sure)
Response: I almost solely post in forum games except a haiku entry and an armatar entry. I just post a lot and on everything. Not spam just a lot.

• 41 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

AP hasn't been adding up properly in a while. I don't know if here's a correlation, but who can say?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

AP hasn't been adding up properly in a while. I don't know if here's a correlation, but who can say?

The last AP add-up problem I know of is the glitch where AP wasn't updating properly, which was fixed a while ago. This thread mentions either a new glitch or a hidden feature. The admins have not notified on this issue yet.
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

So, I'm not sure why this happened. I am sure that I can fix it. I'm going to keep it this way for a while, then we'll determine if it will stay this way. Both of these forums give AP now, enjoy.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

So, I'm not sure why this happened. I am sure that I can fix it. I'm going to keep it this way for a while, then we'll determine if it will stay this way. Both of these forums give AP now, enjoy.

Will the posts made while they were non-AP show up? Or will it only reward posts from now on?
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It didn't make much sense to have the Newcomers section a non-AP forum, but why give AP to the Forum Games section? Forum Games tend to get spammy relative to the rest of the forums.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

They don't seem that different from the others. Continuous games in forum games are easier to post than most other threads, but they still require for you not to spam. I don't think spam will be an issue here. All parts of the community should be treated equally.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Considering a number or two is sufficient for the "rate the above user" threads, either the spam detectors will have to up their game with stricter rules, or the AP should be taken away. I mean, the parts of the community should be treated equally, but it seems like it can be abused easily.

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Only posts from here on out.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

You mean full length posts, right? Technically, they would still be posts even I they were a single letter long. :P

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Considering a number or two is sufficient for the "rate the above user

It is openly frowned upon when that happens. Normally a reason is given for the rate.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

You mean full length posts, right? Technically, they would still be posts even I they were a single letter long. :P

And those would be deleted on sight... can't have those 'count to...' or 'alphabet-like' games happening. Users conducting those threads will be dealt with like they always have been. *polishes hammer* =)
Showing 31-41 of 41