ForumsThe TavernIn a zombie apocalypse, what weapons would you have and why?

60 12505
GrandmaTaco
GrandmaTaco
1 posts
Nomad

Machete for close combat, Silenced pistol for medium range, Crossbow because it's ****ing awesome and doesn't attract more zombies. Assault rifle for backup

• 60 Replies
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Forgot my extra combat clothes

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

I see some realy stupid unrealistic and poorly thought out stuff and also some incorrect information im just curios how many people here use alot of weapons and understand the perks and drawbacks of them

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

my mind because my fantasy is my best ability.

no, seriously, a good mind is the best weapon you can have. that and creativity. not to forget some basic survival tactics...

if i had to use a weapon then it ould be stealth. sneaky like a ninja, avoiding the zombies at all costs (even if that would mean that i had to live in the desert or in the arctis, zombies can not handle such hard weather).

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

zombies can not handle such hard weather

How do you know?
Also I am a military trained survival expert and arctic living is extremely dangerous, hard, and overall stupid to even attempt it over a long period of time. I have used all the weapons that I have listed and I understand them well.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

How do you know?

Because they are human corpses. Imagine your body, but with less homeostasis capabilities and no muscle regeneration (will get to this in a bit)

. I have used all the weapons that I have listed and I understand them well.

Doesn't matter..whether you can use them or not isn't your main concern..but how far you can last carrying them all

----

Just thought of another perfect weapon..our Muscle Regeneration..or in simpler terms - being able to continuously move

If we go scientifically...or, the only plausible reason for a zombie epidemic..it will be the cause of a sort of virus. Essentially, the virus would basically take over the human body, and use it as a sort of "host". Because of this, as well as its host being a corpse..the muscle regeneration for a zombie is non-existent. Meaning..when it moves/uses muscles..the natural tear that occurs won't be able to heal like it usually does for us. Because of this..as a zombie goes on with its zombie life..all it is doing is continuously tearing and breaking down its muscles..until, finally, they become unusable
Arceus12
Arceus12
145 posts
Shepherd

@Pang in a zombie apocalypse you need to be prepared so the more weapons who have the better chance you can survive, but the guns will only be as a backup a case there is a massive herd of Zombies.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

*gets back from playing Zombies with some friends on CoD*

Human ray to try and save some people from the horrible "life" as zombies, if nothing else to become a distraction for me. (Twisted, I know)

Thundergun, to blow away a mass group of zombies I can't deal with at the time, plus to deal some damage to the less stably bound zombies

Ray gun, small, powerful gun to simply kill them, more than one at a time with a well placed shot.

Monkeys. Need I say more?

Ballistic knives for close range.

1 grenade for when I finally get overwhelmed after running out of ammo and I decide it's time to take down as many of them as I can with my final effort.

Well, that all would be fun, but in all seriousness, if the zombies were a real threat (they were NOT the ones pang is talking about), being more like the relentless hoard of fascist demons from CoD, then I wouldn't really think there's a point in fighting back. If we did it ourselves, humans created this zombie apocalypse, honestly we deserve to be wiped off the planet since our power would obviously have gone out of control and needed to be neutralized. If the zombies came from the devil trying to steal our souls with zombies, among other various creatures, we're screwed anyway. Might as well just have fun while it lasts :P

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

@Pang in a zombie apocalypse you need to be prepared so the more weapons who have the better chance you can survive, but the guns will only be as a backup a case there is a massive herd of Zombies.

1) Please keep that name lowercase...thank you!

2) Being prepared is perfectly fine...but having a large amount of weapons is not being prepared. Keep in mind..you will, at many many many many times, have to be traveling...on foot. You have to always keep in mind the ability of your weapon and your usage of it...as well as how able you'd be at carrying your weapons. All of them.
Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

My revolver, an H&K G36, and a set of Samurai swords, the Katana and Wakizashi. Everybody's gonna die.

malikbm
malikbm
18 posts
Peasant

[quote] Ray gun

Serious?! it will effect to u too, ballistic knife sucks it doesn't even effect

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

I just need 2 things. Iron armor and a melee weapon. Why? Zombies can't die. So I need to cut off their heads so they can't see, hear or smell me. Then they won't be able to do any damage to me at all.

-Jeff

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I just need 2 things. Iron armor and a melee weapon. Why? Zombies can't die. So I need to cut off their heads so they can't see, hear or smell me. Then they won't be able to do any damage to me at all.

Actually, technically, they can die. Like I commented earlier..the more plausibly way for a zombie outbreak would be due to a virus (I believe it was..will get back on that) that is using the human body as a host..which it does so from the brain. Take the brain away from the body..and you have killed it.

Now..decapitation, on the other hand, will "kill" the body..but the head will still be alive. So to fully kill it you have to destroy the brain
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Doesn't matter..whether you can use them or not isn't your main concern..but how far you can last carrying them all

Good point that's why I had the truck.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Good point that's why I had the truck.

Fair..but keep in mind this: You will, eventually, run out of fuel (no one is able to mass produce it anymore, obviously, and others will be using cars. Soon, gas stations will be tapped out.)..it is then that you quickly have to decide which tool/weapon would be able to best protect you
CFHeichel
CFHeichel
2 posts
Blacksmith

Spas-12 shotgun for obvious reasons, composite crossbow for silent kills, a katana for close combat, and a silenced P99 pistol.

Showing 46-60 of 60