Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Anime and Manga

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 5:50pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

I didn't really search cause I'm too lazy to see if this type of thread exists but what the hell..

Anyways, I really love anime and manga. Right now I'm watching a few currently.. My favorite one at the moment is One Piece though. I always laid it off to the side cause it never really caught my attention, until recently. Now I know why it has been going on for so long now.

Basically I made this for people who love anime and manga to discuss and talk about everything anime.

So anyways my favorite anime of all time would probably include a few; Bleach, Death Note, FMA: Brotherhood, H.O.T.D., etc.

I would add some older ones too but meh. Btw this isn't just to talk about your favorite anime or whatever, you can discuss about them too.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 5:52pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

So I saw the ''Your favorite anime'' thread, so just to make it clear this isn't just about that like I stated in the OP. You can also talk about manga too, and you can even talk about both anime and manga in general.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 5:58pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,590 posts

So anyways my favorite anime of all time would probably include a few; Bleach, Death Note, FMA: Brotherhood, H.O.T.D., etc.

All of those except H.O.T.D. are really good. (HOTD isn't bad though)

My favorites for anime would be Code Geass, Angel Beats, and Mobile Suit Gundam Seed.

Manga I've never found many good ones...Zatch Bell, Zettai Karen Children and Cage of Eden are the only ones I've gotten into.

What about light novels?

To Aru Majutsu no Index and Sword Art Online are really good.

. I always laid it off to the side cause it never really caught my attention, until recently.

One Piece is kinda uninteresting until they get to the Grand Line. After that it's good.

Death Note I didn't like the ending...that's not how it should have finished at all.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 6:30pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Sword Art Online are really good.

I completely agree, I love it.

One Piece is kinda uninteresting until they get to the Grand Line. After that it's good.

Well I'm not there yet, but I still like the rest, though some of the episodes are tedious I still watch it to the end.

Death Note I didn't like the ending...that's not how it should have finished at all.

Man do I agree with you here.. I hated the ending for it, but it was still overall a great anime.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 6:37pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,590 posts

I completely agree, I love it.

The light novel is better than the anime, but meh.

Well I'm not there yet, but I still like the rest, though some of the episodes are tedious I still watch it to the end.

Hindsight bias I suppose. I was interested while watching that portion too, but in comparison to later the episodes before the Grand Line are pretty boring.

Man do I agree with you here.. I hated the ending for it, but it was still overall a great anime.

SPOILER ALERT
SPOILER ALERT

The way he got caught at the end, how it was completely not his fault, was just BS imo. He should have won against N but they pulled some impossible stuff of perfectly handcopying THOUSANDS of names and replicating the way the book looks EXACTLY in less than 12 hours. That's just stupid.

SPOILERS OVER
SPOILERS OVER

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 6:43pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Hindsight bias I suppose. I was interested while watching that portion too, but in comparison to later the episodes before the Grand Line are pretty boring.

Well that sounds like good news then, I can't wait to get to that xD.

And yeah I think it should of ended differently, it just seemed like they(The writers) tried to end it as quickly as possible.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 7:07pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

SAO got pretty popular, didn't it? I liked it for what it was, but it wasn't great. My biggest gripe was the pacing. The first few episodes were all over the place. Secondly, the minor characters were very, well minor and forgettable.  That goes for the villains as well. And I'm talking about the anime, I have no idea about the manga.

Speaking of manga, I have almost no experience with it. The only manga I ever read were the Jumps back in the day.

I tried to watch One Piece when it was on cartoon network. I couldn't get into it. I think the opening and ending theme songs had something to do with that...

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 7:12pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

SAO got pretty popular, didn't it?

Yeah it did. Also, the anime isn't that great but the light novel is. You should read it. Getting into manga is difficult but once you do you can't get out, speaking from experience.

I tried to watch One Piece when it was on cartoon network. I couldn't get into it. I think the opening and ending theme songs had something to do with that...

You should really try it, it's a really great anime.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 7:12pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,590 posts

My biggest gripe was the pacing.

Read the light novel. The anime jumps around a lot more I think (although they do make big time jumps still)

I liked it for what it was, but it wasn't great.

It's really good once you get a little further in.

I couldn't get into it. I think the opening and ending theme songs had something to do with that...

So just skip them.

One Piece is the best action/comedy anime. It has a lot of unique things to it and a good story, I'd suggest giving it a chance.

Posted Jan 9, '13 at 7:17pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

I don't think it comes on Crunchy Roll. Does it come on another anime service?

Reply to Anime and Manga

You must be logged in to post a reply!