Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Anime and Manga

Posted Apr 9, '13 at 7:17pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

so recommendations for funny animes would be appreciated.

Dog Days, Hayate no Gotoku, Nagasarete Airantou, R-15, and Zero no Tsukaima all focus on comedy and I laughed while watching them.

I don't usually enjoy pure comedy though, and all of those follow a semblance of a plot. Having never watched Hetalia, I can't say whether they're similar or not.

Posted Apr 10, '13 at 12:14am

TheGenovesan

TheGenovesan

66 posts

I've just started into this whole world of stuff, and so far I have to say Hetalia. I haven't watched anything else yet [which is why Hetalia is my favorite], so recommendations for funny animes would be appreciated

I would have to agree with kasic's suggestions. I also recently found an anime/manga that made me laugh heaps called Gintama, which I would definitely reccomend.

Posted Apr 10, '13 at 11:53am

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Gintama

Ah, this one. From what I saw, it makes fun of a lot of other anime. I've been holding off on it so I'll get the references.

Posted Apr 10, '13 at 4:50pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

If we're talking about pure comedies, Azumanga Daioh and Nichijou are two of the funniest I've seen. They're probably the only anime that have actually made me laugh on a consistent basis.

Hyakko and SKET Dance (which is heavily influenced by Gintama) are also solid titles, though, in my opinion, they're more amusing than they are funny. They also have more serious moments interspersed.

For more abstract and/or "mature" comedies, Detroit Metal City (which is sometimes favorably compared to Metalocalypse), Cromartie High School, and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei  are classics.

This is a pretty good blog post to reference for more, though a caveat: some of the anime in the list aren't truly comedies. The comments also give additional titles.

Posted Apr 11, '13 at 1:26am

TheGenovesan

TheGenovesan

66 posts

Ah, this one. From what I saw, it makes fun of a lot of other anime. I've been holding off on it so I'll get the references.

Yea, that's true, it does make quite a few references to other anime(which can be really funny as long as you've watched the mentioned anime) but as long as you've seen a fair few of the popular ones(Death note, one piece, that kind of popular anime/manga) then you'll understand most of it.

Posted Apr 23, '13 at 8:37pm

ChiakixSama

ChiakixSama

9 posts

Anime and manga is very important to me. I feel like it is so. . .stereotyped against, I guess that is a way to put it (correct me if that is the wrong way to put it)? When I say "I like anime." people automatically say "You are a pervert." or "You are weird" or "Weaboo alert!" Which offends me. I guess people only take things for what a few make them out to be. Yes, I am aware some anime are like that. But in all honesty can people really say that is all to anime? I always seem to experience this and I wonder if many others have had the same experience?
My favorite happens to be Hetalia. If i listed all the ones I did like, it would take way too long. So far right now I am reading: Say I love you, Kami-sama Hajimema****e, Soul eater, Black Butler, History's strongest disciple kenichi, Vampire Knight, Skip・Beat!, Heart no Kuni no Alice, and like I said, the list goes on and on.

Posted Apr 24, '13 at 1:39am

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

Anime and manga certainly have a particular stigma attached to them, but I don't mind it. Stereotypes pervade all facets of life anyway.

Anyway, I'm watching Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom at the moment. Pacing's been a bit slow so far, since the first few episodes have mostly been "training" episodes. But it's shown glimpses of promise plot-wise, so I'm hoping it'll pick up and get into the meat of the story soon.

Posted Apr 24, '13 at 8:22am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,915 posts

i dont enjoy comedy animes much but theres one that made me laugh plenty of times (not sure if it was mentioned already). its ranma 1/2. if im not wrong its pretty famous so you wont have troubles finding it. its pretty random and stupid.

and a specific fruits basket episode and those of you who watched that anime would know exactly which one XP

Posted May 4, '13 at 8:03am

Secretmapper

Secretmapper

740 posts

Loved: Clannad, Steins:Gate, Code Geass, Death note

Posted May 7, '13 at 12:09am

TheGenovesan

TheGenovesan

66 posts

Anime and manga is very important to me. I feel like it is so. . .stereotyped against.

It is definitely stereotyped against, and way more than most things mostly because people just assume it's all ultra perverted.

I began watching code geass, and finished the first 25 episodes in 2 days. I think it's pretty obvious that i'm really enjoying it.

Reply to Anime and Manga

You must be logged in to post a reply!