Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Anime and Manga

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 3:21pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

434 posts

I recently finished Another, a horror-mystery type of anime. It did a good job of creating a chilling atmosphere, although it was over the top at times. It resorted to a slight deus ex machina to resolve the plot, but it was a solid series nonetheless.

Currently watching Mirai Nikki (Future Diary), which is alright. It has an interesting premise: a dozen psychopaths receive "future diaries" that can predict the future in specific ways. For example, the protagonist's diary predicts the things that happen around him, while another character possess an "escape diary" that allows her to determine escape routes if she gets into trouble. These twelve characters basically have to kill each other until only one is left, and that person becomes the next God of Time. But it's so fraught with plot holes and convenient coincidences that it can get unbearable if you're not one to suspend your disbelief. (For me though, it's actually quite fun to point them out.)

As for some of my favorite series: Steins;Gate, Clannad, Honey and Clover, Nichijou, Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Darker than Black. And I just torrent all my ****. NyaaTorrents and BakaBT are usually the best places to go if you want to watch something.

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 3:40pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Another, a horror-mystery type of anime.

I'm definitely going to give that a go. I love Horror-mystery xD.

Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)

Also going to watch it. It seems interesting enough to drag me in.

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 4:30pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,840 posts

hmmm... im actually not too sure XD i only read at work (did you smile? i know you did :3) and since the internet there is bad AND blocked in some sites i just use whatever site i find. i used to use mangareader and mangafox alot but i cant anymore.

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 9:01pm

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

Wow, can't believe I forgot this one. The one I'm currently rewatching is one of my favorites since I love detective stuff, evidence given by my awesome complete Sherlock Holmes book.

Detective Conan (Case Closed when translated to English) is an awesome detective manga and anime about a 17 year old super sleuth that when tailing someone looking suspicious at an amusement park, gets knocked out and poisoned. The poison causes him to revert to being the age of an elementary school kid, and is forced to keep his identity secret to prevent the organization that did this to him from finishing the job. He ends up living with his best friend (love interest) since his parents are away. It's full of suspense, drama, and loads and loads of humor. The situations create a lot of funny moments, and I just love it. Started watching when I was a kid, but when it stopped airing on tv, I forgot about it for a while. When I came to college, with nostalgia setting in, I remembered it and have watched through about 100 of the episodes. It's still ongoing, though the creator says he knows how he's gonna end it.

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 10:50pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Ok that sounds ******.

I'm going to watch that too.. Too much anime and manga to go around D:

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 10:51pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Ok that sounds ******.

Let me change that.. xD

''Ok that sounds amazing''

Posted Jan 13, '13 at 11:42pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

434 posts

MAL is a good site for finding more anime/manga and ordering what you are or what you want to watch.

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 2:44am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Yeah I used that site for a while until I found others. It was probably one of the first I started using, it was at the time I started getting into anime.

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 2:52am

Kasic

Kasic

5,471 posts

I use gogoanime and goodmanga. Both have a large selection.

Detective Conan

Meh...It was good at first, but I've watched 50 episodes or such and it's basically just a bunch of independent episodes as far as I can tell. Same story every time, it's like Scooby Doo or something.

Unless the story progresses (which if it does, it does so extremely slowly) I'm not going to watch more. Sure, it was good, but I got tired of basically watching the same thing over and over.

Posted Jan 14, '13 at 3:29am

sasukemystery

sasukemystery

508 posts

I love Detective Conan!
I am definitely going to give Another a go since I love that genre.

For any Naruto readers hear, why isn't the latest chapter out yet?
Maybe they're planning to have one big chapter ending?

Reply to Anime and Manga

You must be logged in to post a reply!