Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Anime and Manga

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 2:24pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

i prefer mangas over animes because the most animes have too many filler episodes. i know, fillers are there so the manga author has enough time to make more chapters but they could at least fit into the story of the anime!

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 3:12pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

mangas over animes

Manga over anime* You don't add an s to them if they're plural. Just so you know in the future :)

And yes I like manga over anime most of the time. I agree with you completely that the fillers are sometimes annoying... BUT, there is some anime that have very good fillers.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 4:02pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,592 posts

i prefer mangas over animes because the most animes have too many filler episodes.

Actually, not all that many have fillers. Naurto is especially notorious (I think at least 1/4 of all the episodes are fillers...) but most have only 1 or 2 filler episodes, if any at all.

And yes I like manga over anime most of the time.

Meh, I disagree. From my experience most anime series follow their respective manga well, so it's just like the manga with sound and color and movement instead of monochrome and single scenes.

For anime that doesn't follow the manga well, I'd agree though.

BUT, there is some anime that have very good fillers.

Rule of thumb for fillers: If you couldn't tell it was a filler, it was good (you mostly only find out if you go and read the manga and find that that never happened...).

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 4:12pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Rule of thumb for fillers: If you couldn't tell it was a filler, it was good (you mostly only find out if you go and read the manga and find that that never happened...).

Yup that's how I know though, because I usually read the manga before the anime.

but most have only 1 or 2 filler episodes, if any at all.

Yeah. Bleach is also notorious for the fillers.. -.- I remember going through like 13 episodes of fillers once.

For anime that doesn't follow the manga well, I'd agree though.

To be honest I find more anime that don't follow manga well more than those that do.. But meh.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 4:59pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,592 posts

Yeah. Bleach is also notorious for the fillers.. -.- I remember going through like 13 episodes of fillers once.

They have a filler arc which is like for before a movie that has nothing to do with anything else...which isn't bad in itself, but it has no place in the storyline.

To be honest I find more anime that don't follow manga well more than those that do.. But meh.

I haven't read many manga for the more popular ones, but the ones I have seemed to follow it nearly word for word and picture for picture.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 7:24pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

Since most of the anime I watch these days are either short (one or two seasons), completely original, or based off light/visual novels, I haven't run into the problem of fillers in a long time. But would you guys rather have fillers or nothing at all? One problem I had with filler-laden anime was the issue of continuity. Since anime producers can never predict what the mangaka is going to do next, they run the risk of adding content that ends up contradicting what happens later on in the plot.

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 7:36pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,592 posts

But would you guys rather have fillers or nothing at all?

I'd rather have no episodes to watch for a while then watch stupid episodes that are completely unrelated to the storyline and aren't interesting. It's kind of like, would you prefer to eat a crappy cupcake once a week, or get a really good cupcake every other week or so? Why would you want to eat a crappy cupcake at all?

Posted Jan 22, '13 at 10:14pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

I have to agree with Kasic. It's better to wait for something great than to degrade it to something that isn't useful or entertaining. And like he said before, if it's good and it's a filler, you probably won't notice it's a filler. :P

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 2:52pm

kevinhex

kevinhex

17 posts

Only delay because they have to wait for the manga to be translated and then do the animation, so I get to see another anime while doing the animation, the only bad this is that I just have to wait another anime too.
(note: if I wrote something wrong is because I speak Portuguese and I'm using google translator =P)
(note 2: yes, I know, has many spelling errors)

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 7:33pm

leo99rules

leo99rules

1,756 posts

It's kind of like, would you prefer to eat a crappy cupcake once a week, or get a really good cupcake every other week or so?

Bad analogy. Would you rather get a OK cupcake one week and then the next a really good cupcake? Or would you rather not eat the OK cupcake at all?

Because I'm watching this on the internet I would rather skip some of the fillers but usually if I'm really into a show I'd watch any fillers that need to happen.

Reply to Anime and Manga

You must be logged in to post a reply!