Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Anime and Manga

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 7:49pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,590 posts

Would you rather get a OK cupcake one week and then the next a really good cupcake? Or would you rather not eat the OK cupcake at all?

Except the fillers are very not OK. They're very often quite bad, or completely meaningless. Also, (like in Naruto) they don't have just one filler, they have 10 or so in a row. I would rather not have the fillers and just wait for the main story to continue when it can.

usually if I'm really into a show I'd watch any fillers that need to happen.

There are no fillers that "need to happen."

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 9:11pm

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

Also, (like in Naruto) they don't have just one filler, they have 10 or so in a row. I would rather not have the fillers and just wait for the main story to continue when it can.

Naruto barely fits into a category with that low of a consecutive filler count. I will never forget the years that the filler chronicles went on. It had to have been close to a hundred of them before Jiraiya and Naruto finally left!

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 10:56pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Well I put One Piece on hold for a bit while I finished up SAO anime. I liked the light novel better. So I started getting back into One Piece again though I am reading some manga still :P

I really like reading some new manga and seeing some new anime. I got into reading Btooom!, Cage of Eden and Ao No Exorcist (Though I had already started this one, I put it on hold as well).

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 11:37pm

HUA7XFan122396

HUA7XFan122396

76 posts

Oh, sour, I watched all of Ao No Exorcist (Blue Exorcist) What a great show

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 11:38pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

Yup. I know I watched the first few episodes of the anime. I want to get through the manga first though.

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 12:35pm

megacooper

megacooper

171 posts

I like most anime, I always wanted to draw and never got around to do it. I just watched episodes of manga and anime & read books about it but never actually sat down and did a drawing... I'm gonna try

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 12:58pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

& read books /  I just watched episodes of manga

Wut.. Lol. You read manga. .-. If you mean that you read novels then that too. I actually drew and wrote some manga when I was in 7th and 8th. I stopped after a while though.

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 1:20pm

megacooper

megacooper

171 posts

Lol, sorry... I meant I read manga comics and books on drawing manga and stuff... sorry, Im having trouble with my brain today..

Randomness is the way forward :D

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 3:02pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,337 posts

Gintama is showing new episodes. Don't know what that is? It's the best anime ever.

A couple of new animes I think everyone should check out: Blast of Tempest and Maoyu.

Blast of Tempest has a good story with nice plot twists, good characters (who admittedly seem to be too smart), and nice action.

Maoyu has just come out, only a few episodes so far. There is a war going on between demons and humans. The show seems to focus on the impact of war (with emphasis on economics). If that isn't your kind of thing, there is plenty of romance and comic relief.

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 6:25pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

I might take a look at those. Though I already have a bunch bookmarked for me to start watching. Manga as well xD.

Reply to Anime and Manga

You must be logged in to post a reply!