ForumsPopular MediaAnime and Manga

141 61531
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I didn't really search cause I'm too lazy to see if this type of thread exists but what the hell..

Anyways, I really love anime and manga. Right now I'm watching a few currently.. My favorite one at the moment is One Piece though. I always laid it off to the side cause it never really caught my attention, until recently. Now I know why it has been going on for so long now.

Basically I made this for people who love anime and manga to discuss and talk about everything anime.

So anyways my favorite anime of all time would probably include a few; Bleach, Death Note, FMA: Brotherhood, H.O.T.D., etc.

I would add some older ones too but meh. Btw this isn't just to talk about your favorite anime or whatever, you can discuss about them too.

• 141 Replies
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Okay okay I know. But that's why I put 25-500.

I know most of the anime last 12-25 episodes usually but it's still a large amount of time, but oh well lol.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Well, doing the math based on a 25 episode average, 20 minutes per episodes, and the ten years he said spent on it, it comes down to about an hour and a half a day for the anime. Not too unrealistic, I'd say, for an avid anime/manga fan. I repeat, an avid fan, at best. A long way before you become a God in the anime world, sorry to say :P

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Surely you can at least dole out some recommendations. Do you know of any engaging thriller anime that intersperse an occasional light-hearted scene between the tenser moments? One with endearing characters, too. If you've watched Steins;Gate, something along those lines.

Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

memory flashback I remember when I was in 1st grade my brother and some other kids in his 3rd grade class didnt even know what manga was but started a schoolwide company and gipped all these people into buying their crap and my brother even gipped me-his own brother! to buy a stupid manga monster. for ****ing $2.50 ! grrrr

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

Hm...I looked into some of these titles...

Yeah, I know Steins;Gate was **** good and not something that could be easily matched, but I was looking more for a seinen thriller that isn't bereft of lighter moments. But still primarily focused on drama and suspense, with a bit of mystery throw in there to make me think. Thanks anyway.

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
785 posts
Nomad

hey anyone know of any anime similar to death note/code geass?

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

hey anyone know of any anime similar to death note/code geass?

You should probably search in the area of Phychological Mysteries.

Monster, Spiral, Zombie Loan, Jigoku Shouju, Ergo Proxy, Ghost in the Shell, etc. I can't really think of any other ones at the moment. :P

Monster is pretty good though, I recommend that one myself. But look there are many of these, and not all are like DN and CG. :P
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

I was looking more for a seinen thriller that isn't bereft of lighter moments. But still primarily focused on drama and suspense, with a bit of mystery throw in there to make me think.

Well this is going purely off of the shard of a memory that I have for one episode of this anime, but I think Darker than Black might be good for you. I can't remember, though, and my internet connection won't let me go sample one of the episodes for you right now.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I've watched Darker than Black. It's good if you can get past the biepisodic nature of its plot thread. The ending (of the second season) leaves a bit to be desired, but I loved the universe that it created.

rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Nomad

I was watching Hyouka for a little bit. Got up to episode 10. It started off nicely, but it got a bit too slow for me. Does it pick up the pace in the latter half?

Also, has anyone watched Gosick? Thoughts?

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

I'm going to start reading the Beelzebub manga. It seems interesting enough for me. But can anyone give some input into it?

I'm also watching Bleach again xD. I stopped a long time ago and now I got into it again. I'm still watching One Piece and Ao No Exorcist. Though I'm trying to read the manga for Blue Exorcist before I watch the Anime.

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

My favorite Animes
Sword Art Online=Great plot and nice character array.... I only watched Season 1, but I might whatch Season 2 if i get around to it.
Angel Beats= My friend showed this to me.... Only 12 episodes but it has proved to be quite a enjoyable anime too... They have a nice english dub and it can be quite funny at times!
Fate Zero.... I think?=I really don't know what this is called... it is escaping me... But i hooked up my friends I-pod to his TV and watched it on Crunchyroll.... I think there are 2 seasons to this, so 25 episodes. Another nice plot, and you really don't want any of the characters to die but they must...

I'm going to start reading the Beelzebub manga. It seems interesting enough for me. But can anyone give some input into it?

Sry... I don't read much manga, but i might get into it. If Beezlebub is good then try to message me.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

If Beelzebub is good then try to message me.

Sure thing. There is an anime as well though n.n
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

So. I stumbled upon a new anime from this month. It's called, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. I do think it's from a light novel, not completely sure though.

I think the title translates to Archenemy and Hero. Anyways it's kind of about a war between Humans and Demons it seems interesting enough, and I want to get into a fresh anime :P

Anyways, I'll let you guys know how it is. I'm also going to get into D-Gray Man and I'm currently already watching Highschool DxD but I'm only on episode 4. xD So far it's good.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

Yeah, Maoyu seems very quality. I think I referenced it a few pages back. I believe it will ultimately be a romance, with war and economics as just a backdrop.

Showing 91-105 of 141