ForumsPopular MediaAnime and Manga

149 22922
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,697 posts
Scribe

I didn't really search cause I'm too lazy to see if this type of thread exists but what the hell..

Anyways, I really love anime and manga. Right now I'm watching a few currently.. My favorite one at the moment is One Piece though. I always laid it off to the side cause it never really caught my attention, until recently. Now I know why it has been going on for so long now.

Basically I made this for people who love anime and manga to discuss and talk about everything anime.

So anyways my favorite anime of all time would probably include a few; Bleach, Death Note, FMA: Brotherhood, H.O.T.D., etc.

I would add some older ones too but meh. Btw this isn't just to talk about your favorite anime or whatever, you can discuss about them too.

• 149 Replies
Bronze
Bronze
2,429 posts
Farmer

So, uh, any favorites Oh Ruler of anime?

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,697 posts
Scribe

Well, I currently watched over 700 anime and read twice as much manga...I believe I passed the borders of an otaku and became a God.

You are funny.

So let's say you watched 700 anime completely. On average good anime lasts between 25-500 episodes, so let's just put it at 150. That would be approximately 105,000 episodes. Considering that each episode is somewhere in the range of 20 minutes, usually anyways. That would be 35000 hours. In a year there is approximately 8765 hours. That would mean you watched anime for about 4 years all together, but that would mean watching it every day for 24 hours straight, so it would probably be more like 8 years. If you read double the manga.. Man.. I'm not even going to get started on that one. Then again you could have watched 1 episode 1 different anime and there you go. Lol.

Was going to ask the same question.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Peasant

On average good anime lasts between 25-500 episodes, so let's just put it at 150.

While 700 is likely an exaggeration, I'm going to have to disagree with this. There are plenty of anime that last for 12 episodes or so. A number of anime also last for two seasons, or about 25 episodes. However, you'll be hard-pressed to find a lot of anime that go beyond 50+ episodes. This is only reserved for the most popular of anime, like Naruto, One Piece, Detective Conan, etc. due to profitability. I can't think of a single anime that I've watched recently that has exceeded 26 episodes.
Kasic
Kasic
5,598 posts
Scribe

There are plenty of anime that last for 12 episodes or so. A number of anime also last for two seasons, or about 25 episodes. However, you'll be hard-pressed to find a lot of anime that go beyond 50+ episodes. This is only reserved for the most popular of anime, like Naruto, One Piece, Detective Conan, etc. due to profitability.

The benchmarks I've seen are usually this.

12 episodes.
26 episodes.
50 episodes
100 episodes.
150+ episodes.

I can't think of many anime that don't fall into those categories by a significant margin. In my experience, anime that is 12 to 26 episodes long are usually either good or bad, and are fast paced. Anime that are 50 episodes long are usually pretty good and have a decent pace.
100 episodes is usually some sort of adventure/action anime, and anything over that are the really popular ones.
fantasy4life
fantasy4life
1,917 posts
Treasurer

On average good anime lasts between 25-500 episodes,so let's just put it at 150.
You are incredibly wrong. The most common anime last about 12 or 13 episodes, with OVAs possibly included with them. Not too mention that from the 700 anime I did watch, I included anime movies that last about on average an hour and 20 minutes. And from the manga that I read, I started manga from when I was seven, so 10+ years I have been reading them and watching anime.

While 700 is likely an exaggeration
You would be surprised. I mentioned 700 because I recently passed that marker, finishing Highschool DxD.

You are funny.
Well, I'd like to think so >.>
fantasy4life
fantasy4life
1,917 posts
Treasurer

A God, like myself, does not have favorites. That is, all anime I watched are my favorites, MWAHaahahaahAHA!!! besides, listing 700+ anime is a chore I would like to pass on doing...
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,697 posts
Scribe

Okay okay I know. But that's why I put 25-500.

I know most of the anime last 12-25 episodes usually but it's still a large amount of time, but oh well lol.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,744 posts
Farmer

Well, doing the math based on a 25 episode average, 20 minutes per episodes, and the ten years he said spent on it, it comes down to about an hour and a half a day for the anime. Not too unrealistic, I'd say, for an avid anime/manga fan. I repeat, an avid fan, at best. A long way before you become a God in the anime world, sorry to say :P

fantasy4life
fantasy4life
1,917 posts
Treasurer

A long way before you become a God in the anime world, sorry to say :P
WHAT!?!! IT...it cannot be...NO! it can't be...it can't be true... ;_; *goes in a corner*

...Well, now that I had my dreams crushed (I'm looking at you dragonball05) I think I'm gonna question my life and my meaning in this world. Sayonara.
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Peasant

Surely you can at least dole out some recommendations. Do you know of any engaging thriller anime that intersperse an occasional light-hearted scene between the tenser moments? One with endearing characters, too. If you've watched Steins;Gate, something along those lines.

Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
278 posts
Farmer

memory flashback I remember when I was in 1st grade my brother and some other kids in his 3rd grade class didnt even know what manga was but started a schoolwide company and gipped all these people into buying their crap and my brother even gipped me-his own brother! to buy a stupid manga monster. for ****ing $2.50 ! grrrr

fantasy4life
fantasy4life
1,917 posts
Treasurer

If you've watched Steins;Gate, something along those lines.
I did, but Steins; Gate is a masterpiece, finding similar anime is a toughie. Well, just for your pleasure, I can throw some harem, action, funny, romance, mecha, something-something anime just for your sake. Lets see...from the top of my memory...

11eyes, packed with action, a hard to follow storyline, and some romance here and there. I enjoyed it, though it felt a bit incomplete.

Heaven's lost property is a good romantic comedy if you're into that sort of thing, it will definitely make you laugh.

sword art online is a recent breakthrough, it has amazing characters, story, etc...

Full moon is a bit of a drama and story involved one, I enjoyed every minute of it ^_^

some random titles now...shugo chara, inuyasha, the girl who lept trough time, shuffle, high school of the dead, seiko no qwaser, soul eater, after, higurashi when they cry, elfen lied, seitokai no ichizon, bakugan...honestly I don't think any of these fall in the category you asked for, but w/e.
I LOVE ALL ANIME. DEAL WITH IT.

Also, hopefully I didn't butcher any of the names I mentioned.

Also, if you're really into anime and want some good anime, I know I have a text document where I put like a list of 500+ anime on my floppy disk somewhere...ok, I'm just babbling at this point. I'll stop now ;_;
rayoflight3
rayoflight3
437 posts
Peasant

Hm...I looked into some of these titles...

Yeah, I know Steins;Gate was **** good and not something that could be easily matched, but I was looking more for a seinen thriller that isn't bereft of lighter moments. But still primarily focused on drama and suspense, with a bit of mystery throw in there to make me think. Thanks anyway.

arkaninerenegade
arkaninerenegade
794 posts
Peasant

hey anyone know of any anime similar to death note/code geass?

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,697 posts
Scribe

hey anyone know of any anime similar to death note/code geass?

You should probably search in the area of Phychological Mysteries.

Monster, Spiral, Zombie Loan, Jigoku Shouju, Ergo Proxy, Ghost in the Shell, etc. I can't really think of any other ones at the moment. :P

Monster is pretty good though, I recommend that one myself. But look there are many of these, and not all are like DN and CG. :P
Showing 91-105 of 149