ForumsGamesYoutube Gamers

21 7273
Grassble
Grassble
167 posts
Nomad

I have been watching youtube gamers on youtube recently (Pewdiepie, total biscuit, tobuscus, etc.). I realized that some youtubers view the other youtubers who gain fans off of doing immature things inferior to others. They think that they do not deserve the viewers that they get, because of their lack of maturity in their content. They feel they deserve more subscribers because they work hard to put out their content while others do not do much work. I was wondering what your opinions on this matter was.

• 21 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

who cares? it's just youtube.
the game(s) itself is more important then some random kids saying BS on youtube while trying to be "cool"

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

^true
I dont care how hard you work on your videos. I sub to those who are entertaining.

kirks011
kirks011
178 posts
Farmer

I dont find it a problem as well. Youtube is a mostly unrestricted site for videos, many of which happen to be random, or rude and what not to something (person, place, game, etc.) People watch whatever they find entertaining, so if some guy makes a stupid video that took him 5 mins to make and he gets 1,000,000 views, congrats to him.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Since youtube has been out for what is approaching 7 years and 100000+ terrabytes of content has been uploaded, it is becoming increasingly more difficult to gain a permanent audience in the youtube community, even if you do appeal to the theme. A new guy has to not only compete with the veterans (who have their videos with high views pushed to the top of a search list), but many other hopefuls as well. While it may seem that viewers believe popular commentators don't deserve their popularity, they have to understand that they must make the Let's Play interesting. If you're just going with the flow and presenting the game as-is with monotonous voice-over, that can get boring as hell. You can see how commentators like Uberhaxornova and Seananners get around this problem. They are obviously gamers, but they are also skilled ACTORS; they are proficient at improvisation and witty dialogue on the spot.

Secondly, they have to understand that their subscribers are a collection of users who CHOOSE to subscribe to them. It's a no-brainer, but if you're someone who spends time on Youtube, you find that brains are in short supply there.

So I can live with both of those problems. I can't, however, contain myself when users come up with the idea that Let's Plays of video games are 100% their [the commentators'] property, thus anyone else who decides to do a Let's Play of the same video game is guilty of &quotlagiarism" and "leeching of funds". It boggles my mind. They aren't Reply Girls who latch unto each other's videos in hopes people will watch theirs and receive money from it; it's their own special perspective on a video game which has no similarities to another.

Here's Nova's perspective on the gaming community nonense

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

this is "zero punctuation". the only reviewer i trust. =P

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

To be completely honest, no matter how hard you work.. No matter how hard you try.. If you are entertaining, you will get subscribers.

So even if you're a complete imbecile, you can get 100's of thousands of subscribers while the person that puts 10 hours into 1 video doesn't get much.

Seriously I only subscribe to people who I can actually enjoy to watch play, but usually after a certain amount of time I unsubscribe because the seize to entertain me.

All in all the YouTube drama stuff and all of that, is more just a publicity stunt in my opinion and those who go to channels and find them interesting stay.

Cristinatron
Cristinatron
138 posts
Peasant

I really like Gaming Mill. Very funny stuff- he basically does game review parodies of all the people who try way too hard in their gaming videos. I've been subscribed for a while and I've never been disappointed. He always makes me laugh. :-)

Grassble
Grassble
167 posts
Nomad

I agree with Nova had to say on this subject. It is weird to see him do something serious though. I agree I don't mind there being Let's Players who just do it for money but I feel bad for the people who try very hard to put out their videos and do not get the recognition they deserve.

kingslyleee
kingslyleee
6 posts
Nomad

no idea about it.play my games continue.

xNightwish
xNightwish
1,609 posts
Nomad

You know. I find the Youtuber Robbaz a good one. He is funny and he is a good gamer. He does things which seem crazy (sometimes childish) and insane but somehow it always works. Now advertising for him just wanted to share a interesting one, because I haven't seen many like him.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

^Heck, we doing shout outs now? KYR SP33DY is my favorite. Him and the crew are hilarious.

Grassble
Grassble
167 posts
Nomad

My favorite youtube commentators would have to be either Totalhalibut or Nalif. Nalif needs more viewers though, he is not well known.

mechninja
mechninja
1,577 posts
Nomad

I love Yogscast/BlueXephos.They commentate awesome games.Though,there are idiots out there who think they're a minecraft channel and hate them for doing other games.They're a gaming/commentator channel.They play random,mostly EPIC games!Minecraft is just one of their specialties.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

I like the yogscast, and my friend recently introduced me to skydoesminecraft...
I scream you scream we all scream for butter.
I also like paulsoaresjr...

minecraft ftw.

Crickster
Crickster
1,795 posts
Blacksmith

if i diden't watch some of skydoesmine, bluxepos (before they started doing simulatetor) and a few countdown makers. i woulden't be trying to record some games (fail a lot thanks to resons)

Showing 1-15 of 21