ForumsWEPRShip Cruises.

8 2513
drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

Well, in New York here, today I went on a ship that takes me to Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. While I did enjoy going their and going super close to the Statue of Liberty, I noticed something. I was waiting in line for a ship to pick us up at Ellis Island. It took 4 ships before I could leave so I noticed a perculiar thing. When all the ships came, I saw so much smog coming out of whatever shoots it out. It is always on and it takes 10 minutes to go back to New York. Their are also a lot of these ships out their and I was thinking, "Wow! How much of this air is putted in our oxygen every day?! I know that it has a lot of bad gases in it so I'm guessing if people use the same amount of ship time as in the Airplane, they could be equally putting the same amount of chemicals in the air! So I wanted to take another way to get to the island but sadly, that is the only ship that takes us their. So if you have any sites that tell more about the fuel that ships use, can you please post it in my profile?

Also sorry if this has been posted before. Post the link if it has.

• 8 Replies
snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

Most ocean going vessels use diesel fuel. Diesel engines don't have an ignition system that can be affected by the moist salt air and are therefore more reliable and trouble free in this application.

[url=http://http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/64487]

The first response ^

And heres something to think about. I think boats are the second most common way to travel/ship things. so think of all those cargo ships using Diesel fuel... EEEEKKKK! we're all going to die because of pollution.

Hope this helped

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

sorry, here is the link, hope this one works :\\

drakokirby
drakokirby
1,651 posts
Shepherd

We need to go back to the boats that use the wheel to move. Sure it's a lot slower but it saves us a ton of toxic going into the air. I thought it was train that was 2nd or maybe cars.

Retribution_999
Retribution_999
263 posts
Nomad

as long as you make the ship comftarble, it doesn't really matter how fast the boat goes...

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

I'm not sure, But I just know that we import and export TONS of stuff, so Thats why I thought that. But I think cars are first since EVERYONe drivers... can't ride a bike? Want me to look it up for you?

Retribution_999
Retribution_999
263 posts
Nomad

You mean they waste more fuel when you drive them? Ah...

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

We need to go back to the boats that use the wheel to move. Sure it's a lot slower but it saves us a ton of toxic going into the air. I thought it was train that was 2nd or maybe cars.

Um thats a good idea considering that nobody takes Cruise ships to get to their destination fast.
Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

Maybe instead of that, you can try to make air powereed cars, cars that ran on water. It wouldnt be that hard, it would take a while but it wouldnt be that hard.

Showing 1-8 of 8