Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Armor Games Mascot

Posted Jan 11, '13 at 6:08pm

leo99rules

leo99rules

2,841 posts

It's ok guys, I know my editing skills are amazing. You don't need to comment.

Ok, but being serious. The new mascot is sushi cat. I don't think this is even up for debate at the moment. You can see what AG is doing.

Also sure, the blue elephant was our mascot however if you think AG you thought of clashing swords and not an elephant. I mean the elephant was cool and all but it isn't something that is hugely related to AG in such a way that we need to fill up the mascot place.

Plus there is like 2 billion games with blue elephants in them and sometimes they get overlooked to much more serious games (Last stand, Sonny, ect)

Posted Jan 11, '13 at 8:28pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

pang and I will be the swords that battle in the logo.

All in favor say aye.

Aye.

Granted.

Posted Jan 11, '13 at 10:19pm

kirks011

kirks011

184 posts

i agree with leo99rules original idea. Pang as the blue elephant, genius!

Posted Jan 11, '13 at 10:26pm

xeano321

xeano321

3,137 posts

Knight

Okay guys, can you please try to generate discussion? So far, leo is the only one who even generated any major thought to the suggesting I made.

C'mon, I'm serious, what are you thoughts concerning an AG mascot. (No more pang jokes please.)

Posted Jan 11, '13 at 10:36pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

18,005 posts

Knight

Yeah Sushi Cat might be a good mascot but have you considered the other games with the same character in it? I can name a few, Zebra, turtle, T-rex(or any other dinosaur), stick people, I mean the list goes on. So shouldn't we decide on more mascots than just Sushi Cat?

Posted Jan 11, '13 at 11:19pm

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

The whole point of a mascot is to instantly remind someone of a certain brand or company. Sushi Cat is a fairly recognizable and relatable character. Mare importantly it is clearly from AG. A stick man or dinosaur is fairly generic and could be applied to many things. You see Sushi Cat and you instantly know who it is along with which company produced it. Also other is a very family friendly are loveable character. I mean, have you ever seen him? He's an adorable, rotund blue smiling cat. Omgz, heart melting.

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 4:03am

chuncster

chuncster

24 posts

IMO i don't think AG needs a new mascot. Yeah Blue Elephant was great, but AG is one of the most well-known flash game websites, the clashing swords at the beginning of each AG original game is just a classic origional. Such as Leo said earlier in the thread, people think of the fighting swords, not a blue elephant (though personally i loved that little thing)

A new mascot can be a jar of pickles for all the public care, so long as the website is up and flash games are still released, seeing a sushi cat or something along those lines in the top corner of the screen with be a 2seconds look, make satisfactory hmph and then continue to finding a game to play.

The mascot, if we're looking for instant "Oh that's the AG mascot!", should simply be the 2 swords crossing eachother in this fashion (http://www.clker.com/clipart-15986.html)

All in all, i feel a mascot would make minimal difference to the popularity of the community, due to the high popularity already!!!

Chunc.

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 10:35am

xeano321

xeano321

3,137 posts

Knight

IMO i don't think AG needs a new mascot.

AG has never had a mascot.

the clashing swords at the beginning of each AG original game is just a classic origional. Such as Leo said earlier in the thread, people think of the fighting swords, not a blue elephant

The mascot doesn't have to go into all the flash games. He could be used mostly as just a promotional gimmick.

A new mascot can be a jar of pickles for all the public care, so long as the website is up and flash games are still released, seeing a sushi cat or something along those lines in the top corner of the screen with be a 2seconds look,

Who said anything about him being in the top corner of the screen? I was thinking more of a community mascot. Something exclusively for the users of AG. How and what he would do still requires thought.

All in all, i feel a mascot would make minimal difference to the popularity of the community, due to the high popularity already!!!

High popularity in the community already? HOHO!! That's awesome. The forums have been suffering from severe lack of activity for the last two years. Only recently has activity gone up, but it's still far from being mega popular.

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 11:26am

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,946 posts

A stick man or dinosaur is fairly generic and could be applied to many things.

Well,we can't use a stickman because it's the mascot of Bored.com(I think).Sushi Cat is highly recognizable,I agree. Sushi Cat could do the job.

Posted Jan 12, '13 at 12:15pm

chuncster

chuncster

24 posts

Who said anything about him being in the top corner of the screen? I was thinking more of a community mascot. Something exclusively for the users of AG. How and what he would do still requires thought.

A website that hosts flash games can't do much to promote themselves, a mascot would be pretty useless, just stick the crossed swords on advertisement and there we are, a well-known icon associated with AG.

The forums have been suffering from severe lack of activity for the last two years

So you're suggesting the mascot for the forum only? What about the main website, where will it go? The most predictable place would be the corner, such as Newgrounds. There isn't really anywhere else for it to be put. I'm speaking for a common internet surfer when i say i couldn't give a rats behind about a mascot, before i started going on the community properly AG was just a games website, anything else was just random stuff i didn't care about. And once you decide to join the website, a mascot such as a cat or an elephant etc won't make a single difference towards my activity.

Chunc.

Reply to Armor Games Mascot

You must be logged in to post a reply!